The online racing simulator
Returning DFP to Logitech.
(23 posts, started )
Due to the same problem occuring on the wheel, with its inside wheel calibrations. I have decided to deal with Logitech about it. Once I get the information I need. How did you guys deal on getting your wheels replaced, that includes G25s? What information will Logitech need, what will I need in order to get anything sorted? I know for a fact that the wheel is a 3 year warrenty, and a serial number is required *but I have no idea where it is* Can anyone assist please?
i rang logitech before about mine, they will talk you through everything on the phone.
They will request you to cut off the leads and post them back and then they'll send you a replacement unit.
Quote from nikimere :i rang logitech before about mine, they will talk you through everything on the phone.
They will request you to cut off the leads and post them back and then they'll send you a replacement unit.

Cutting off the leads? Find that a bit exaggerant.

Is there anything that I should be aware of when phoning logitech? Such as they would try to make you think its fixed *I know it isn't thats a fact* or try to delay, in hopes of customers giving up etc?
#4 - Dru
Quote from BigDave2967 :Cutting off the leads? Find that a bit exaggerant.

Is there anything that I should be aware of when phoning logitech? Such as they would try to make you think its fixed *I know it isn't thats a fact* or try to delay, in hopes of customers giving up etc?

Reading several posts like what you experiencing over the last few months it appears that they are only too willing to swap out faulty merchandise.

Regarding cutting off the leads, if the unit is faulty this is proof that you have not 'sold' on your unit. i guess you do this once your replacement is received.

If the unit is faulty you see, there probably is no reason to waste £15 post and packaging on returning the unit at cost you see.

Just ring them they will help you out and resolve the issue no problems

Good luck,

Dru.
Quote from Dru :Reading several posts like what you experiencing over the last few months it appears that they are only too willing to swap out faulty merchandise.

Regarding cutting off the leads, if the unit is faulty this is proof that you have not 'sold' on your unit. i guess you do this once your replacement is received.

If the unit is faulty you see, there probably is no reason to waste £15 post and packaging on returning the unit at cost you see.

Just ring them they will help you out and resolve the issue no problems

Good luck,

Dru.

Only problem is, is that I know that the thing is faulty inside, because I can feel the wheel twitch during straights at times, and automatically the LFS still thinks the wheel is straight, but the DFP itself has moved to the left a bit more, reading it as straight.
If your worried about them fobbing you off just tell them it wont work at all, tell them the FFB has stopped or something. Don't mention using it with the PC as the DFP doesn't "officially" support the PC.
Thanks.

I have another question. How long does the process usually take to get a new wheel from your old one?

What will Logitech need to confirm that I have the wheel?

Serial Number for example.
I have tried to do this. DO NOT tell them you are using the DFP on the computer even if you tell them you have the right drivers. You will need all these numbers on the wheel itself. I heard people have gotten their new wheels in 8 days but I'm not sure myself.
Quote from MINIz guy :I have tried to do this. DO NOT tell them you are using the DFP on the computer even if you tell them you have the right drivers. You will need all these numbers on the wheel itself. I heard people have gotten their new wheels in 8 days but I'm not sure myself.

Where is the serial number on the wheel exactly?
Surely you can be bothered to spend 5 secs unclamping it to find out? On the underside between the clamps IIRC.
They also might tell you to return it to the place you bought it from. If you tell them that you already tried that and they told you to call Logitech, then they'll deal with your return. Better to do it that way than messing about with a third party - Logitech turn them around really fast.
Quote from thisnameistaken :They also might tell you to return it to the place you bought it from. If you tell them that you already tried that and they told you to call Logitech, then they'll deal with your return. Better to do it that way than messing about with a third party - Logitech turn them around really fast.

I saw that coming, I bought the wheel from Savastore, which became out of business. So I explained that to Logitech. She asked about the calibrations patch, I told her I tried everything, gave her the details, from underneath the wheel.

She gave me an address in Switzerland to send them the "9 pin cable". I'll find out more when the new wheel arrives, I got the RMA number, and telephone number to call them, to double check to make sure I have what they need, seems fair since they are sending me a new wheel. *Shame it's not a G25*
Quote from BigDave2967 :I saw that coming, I bought the wheel from Savastore, which became out of business. So I explained that to Logitech. She asked about the calibrations patch, I told her I tried everything, gave her the details, from underneath the wheel.

She gave me an address in Switzerland to send them the "9 pin cable". I'll find out more when the new wheel arrives, I got the RMA number, and telephone number to call them, to double check to make sure I have what they need, seems fair since they are sending me a new wheel. *Shame it's not a G25*

I never cut the wires off my wheel as I couldn't understand the person on the other side of the phone. He randomly would spell the words out and read them so I had a pile of letters mixed in with some words

To answer your earlier question I got mine in a week I think. Although the power supply is only 2 pin, you'll need to use your old one.
Quote from keiran :Although the power supply is only 2 pin, you'll need to use your old one.

I think that was a mistake by logitech as both and a friend of mine have got 2nd wheels from logitech and both have come with the 3 pin...
Quote from nikimere :I think that was a mistake by logitech as both and a friend of mine have got 2nd wheels from logitech and both have come with the 3 pin...

Thanks lads for your experience and help. I got the reference number, so when the wheel arrives, I'll phone them, and double check to see I have what they want.

I can use the spare DFP for my PS2 now .
Wheels arrived, 3 days earlier than predicted. Amazing!

EDIT: Just tried it out. I'm getting the same problem as I had with the old one. Looks like its a Logtiech program problem?

What are the common ways to fix that problem?
becuase you have tried and got the same bug with a new unit, i would say that the problem is not the dfp but maybe the ports it is connecting to.
Quote from dadge :becuase you have tried and got the same bug with a new unit, i would say that the problem is not the dfp but maybe the ports it is connecting to.

Yeah I tried the different usb port we talked about on msn earlier. No such luck.

I tried finding dxtweak that you mentioned about, but there are so many download options, I don't know which dxtweak is needed for DFP, can anyone assist please?
Quote from nikimere :I think that was a mistake by logitech as both and a friend of mine have got 2nd wheels from logitech and both have come with the 3 pin...

Nope, I was told over the phone that I would have to use my current power supply. Could be because they were running down their last stock of Momos or something.
Has there been any development in this case BigDave2967? I think I have the same exact problem with my dfp. I try to drive straight and sometimes it just jerks the wheel to one side down the straight. Only tried lfs though. Thought it might be dust or something inside, but after having dismantled it a few times and just looking at the thingies and blowing air inthere, I'm sure I can't fix anything inthere myself. So, I would like to know how it's going for you.
Just ring them up, I had to do a replacement on my G25 (shorted out internally) and they are just sending me a new one without any returning of the USB end or stuff.
When my brother had probs with his DFP he just e-mailed Logi.expaining his problem, with his proof of purchase, and they had a new DFP on his doorstep in 3 days. He didn't have to return anything.
Quote from CasseBent :Has there been any development in this case BigDave2967? I think I have the same exact problem with my dfp. I try to drive straight and sometimes it just jerks the wheel to one side down the straight. Only tried lfs though. Thought it might be dust or something inside, but after having dismantled it a few times and just looking at the thingies and blowing air inthere, I'm sure I can't fix anything inthere myself. So, I would like to know how it's going for you.

They said something about cables, but I didn't send anything back to them. In the process, I got a new DFP out of it. Got myself 2 DFPs .

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG