The online racing simulator
Graphics Driver Problem
(7 posts, started )
Graphics Driver Problem
I have just installed yet another version of XP onto my computer but for some reason it will not recognise my nvidia card.

I get an error message "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible........"

I have tried 84's, 82's, guru 97's however none of these seem to work. If any one has ideas please help as I cannot play LFS until these drivers are installed & working .
#2 - Jakg
what card do you have?
7600gt
Try to replug the gc into the slot. What about installing the card manually?
just re-installed my backup graphics card all is well.
Update on same problem
I now have a need to use my 7600GT. I took out my Radeon this morning & replaced it my GT. Guess what? the same thing happened

My computer did'nt even recognise it as new hardware & the nvidia drivers still dont want to install. I get same error message: "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible....."
Do you think driver cleaner would help matters. Its starting to become annoying as I cannot get any AA using my radeon & I cant play BF2 either.
reset BIOS on the motherboard after you will plug in the 7600GT.

If this would not help then the WindowsXP got messy and probably need to reinstall but I would try 1st the thing with BIOS reset before hassling with OS reinstall(format,install...etc).

If you dont know how to reset bios come back and ask.

Graphics Driver Problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG