The online racing simulator
A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
Quote from nikimere :What are you on about? There are blue flags! Blue flags have been around racing since before the 80's. It's just the marshalls didn't give the guy any blue flags and thats why he didn't move over. Other drivers DID get blue flags and moved out of the way. It was just a mistake by Race Control.

The Irish driver is a friend of mine and i was asking him about the The 'Push to Pass' button. It only gives the driver an extra .1 or .2 of a second a lap maximum.

i had many friends in the race.... thats the rule they told. And because i did not see a single blue flag during the Tv broadcast, i believed them (they were there... i didn't)
Quote from spyshagg :i had many friends in the race.... thats the rule they told. And because i did not see a single blue flag during the Tv broadcast, i believed them (they were there... i didn't)

i saw some of the other guys get blue flags, but not the pakistan driver for some reason
Quote from nikimere :i know that. i was trying to put it in perspective....

I know you were mate, I was just saying that its may sounds like its a huge boost but it isn't (which you know already )

Andy.
Great race to watch, so much more fun than watching Formula 1.
But they can improve on a few things,..
Instead of a boost button give em a manual gearbox and clutch.
Make it 1 race instead of 2, seeing a guy stand on the podium twice is stupid. (there should be one GRAND prix instead of one and a half,.. or atleast give more points for the full race than the sprint race)
Cars need more horsepower, it's less than GP2 now.
Nicer looking cars , like eighties/nineties F1's, hehe

and the noob drivers should be kicked out
They have manual clutches, but yes i think they should have manual gears too instead of sequential.
I like the 2 race thing. More motorsport on TV The prize money goes to the winner of the 2nd race.
I think the cars are fast enough, and they sound MEGA!
They have ugliest rear end since Margret Thatcher!
i think the next race is gonna be 1 race with many laps.... if you check ESTORIL race at a1gp.com, you see this:
Track Length: 4360 m
Laps: 71
Direction: Clockwise
Total Distance: 309,560 km
Germany is the next round 09th Oct
Estoril is the 3rd rouns on 23rd Oct

long races are boring... i hope there are 2 races
Quote from nikimere :Germany is the next round 09th Oct
Estoril is the 3rd rouns on 23rd Oct

long races are boring... i hope there are 2 races

I gave Estoril example because the Eurospeedway does not show the laps info..

for me, long races all the way.
The sprint race sucks because no one wants to race for real, being afraid of missing the real race (that gives money) if they have a accident.
Watched it on Monday on TV, fine racing, much better than F1. No need to add power, I think they'd better have make the cars even less aerodynamic efficient, with more drag to make slipstreaming easier.

I hope Rusinov will drive for Russia nex time. Vasiliev needs more training, he raced in FIA GT very long, and also is older.
Quote from detail :I think they'd better have make the cars even less aerodynamic efficient, with more drag to make slipstreaming easier.

I thought rear drag is exactly what they don't want, because it would make following/overtaking in corners harder.
Quote from Levi1 :I thought rear drag is exactly what they don't want, because it would make following/overtaking in corners harder.

Right. May be so.
Yeah, if I recall correctly, they designed the rear wings especially to not leave very "dirty" air. Also, it seems the front wings are designed to perform well in any dirty air that does occur. All this is to make sure they can drive real close to each other, which increases the fun/excitement.
Then, probably, they also worked with tyres suppliers to achieve steady tyres performance, to make them less dependent on rubber, less sensible to dirt (while in F1 they always try to get maximal peak performance).

So, looks like the sheikh's team made a good job. Looked at all the F1 disadvantages and solved many of them. Meanwhile in F1 Mosley and Ecclestone are constrained with tons of formal agreements with teams and can't make them move by a millimiter.
F1 blows!!

(might be a bit dramatic eith a few drinks but u get the point!)
Quote from detail :Then, probably, they also worked with tyres suppliers to achieve steady tyres performance, to make them less dependent on rubber, less sensible to dirt (while in F1 they always try to get maximal peak performance).

Not really. You saw a lot of them starting to oversteer towards the end of their stints. But I don't see that as a downside, stopping twice is not really an option in A1, so this really seperates the good drivers from the rookies (who spun out). One guy though, pitted real early and drove the rest of the feature race on one set of tyres and finished somewhere nice iirc, so they are rugged enough.
go Jos Verstappen
anybody know were i could download a telacast of the latest A1 (Euro speedway) thanks
I've attached s few photos from the Eastern Creek round and support races today in Sydney. An incident packed event marred by a huge crash in the A1 race 2. The Japanese driver Hayanari Shimoda became airborne after leaving the track at top speed and skimming over the gravel trap.

The car impacted the wall about 20 metres from where myself and friends were sitting. We feared the worst for the driver when we realised that the car was torn in half and the driver unable to get out.

Fortunately fire and medical crews were on the scene within seconds and did a great job. The driver was reported as being concussed but OK.

Overall, a great day at 'the Creek' and it's great to see such a fantastic series in Sydney.
Attached images
japancrashaftermath.jpg
formulafordcrash.jpg
A1incident4.jpg
#73 - Goop
Great photos guys.
last race in sepang was by far the most exciting one yet! and a LOT more exciting than f1...

...and what a great performance from Tomas Enge! :trophy_br:

A1 Gp
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG