The online racing simulator
Training - do you bother?
(37 posts, started )

Poll : How far have you got on the LFS training missions?

I've done them all Big grin
I don't bother
I gave up in the demo lessons
I've nearly got it finished (last one available)
I gave up in the S2 lessons
I gave up in the S1 lessons
I've had the game since S1, and didn't realise there was a training mode until a few weeks ago
I have played most of them but got bored after doing about 10! Racing online is much more fun that single player "training"!!!
I did them all when I first got S2, haven't looked at them since.
I'm planning to work a bit on the lessons and try to improve them. Any suggestions for some nice training layouts or how the existing lessons should be changed to make them more interesting? Were there any really boring or repetitive lessons which should be skipped?
ive all the demo ones done , really eazy
Quote from GP4Flo :I'm planning to work a bit on the lessons and try to improve them. Any suggestions for some nice training layouts or how the existing lessons should be changed to make them more interesting? Were there any really boring or repetitive lessons which should be skipped?

Well, they as a whole were boring, because the layouts were the same over and over again, just with a different car... And some times are just impossible to do... I enjoyed the start, pit and passing lessons though...
I agree, the difficulty to get a "Pro" rating varies quite much from lesson to lesson. Some are really hard, not impossible, but far harder than I'd expect to deserve a "Pro" rating, at least compared to other lessons or the performance of "Pro" AI. Though, I cannot recall the exact lessons in question from my head, it's too long since I've last tried them
Quote from GP4Flo :I'm planning to work a bit on the lessons and try to improve them. Any suggestions for some nice training layouts or how the existing lessons should be changed to make them more interesting? Were there any really boring or repetitive lessons which should be skipped?

OK, my 2 cents.

Firstly, a BF1 test or 2.
A UF1 autotest on the MRT track would be a bit of fun.
The oval tests are redundant other than the pit stop one, which could be moved to with the XFR tests.
The RAC tests are rather silly as the car is undrivable on the default setup.
Quote from AndroidXP :I agree, the difficulty to get a "Pro" rating varies quite much from lesson to lesson. Some are really hard, not impossible, but far harder than I'd expect to deserve a "Pro" rating, at least compared to other lessons or the performance of "Pro" AI. Though, I cannot recall the exact lessons in question from my head, it's too long since I've last tried them

Did you manage the MRT5 chicane-lesson on pro? I was always .04 seconds too slow and I did try everything... The MRT lessons as a whole seem very hard to get, you had to have a perfect timing in the MRT5 start-lesson to achieve pro...
Quote from bbman :Well, they as a whole were boring, because the layouts were the same over and over again, just with a different car...

Ok, I'll try not to use the layouts twice. Any ideas for some new lesson layouts for the S1 cars?

Quote from AndroidXP :Some are really hard, not impossible, but far harder than I'd expect to deserve a "Pro" rating, at least compared to other lessons or the performance of "Pro" AI.

Well, "Pro" is meant to be "Pro" so you really have to be fast to get that rating. It's currently too easy to get pro on the overtaking lessons, but that's because of the weak AI and I cannot do anything to make them faster.

Quote from duke_toaster :Firstly, a BF1 test or 2.
A UF1 autotest on the MRT track would be a bit of fun.
The oval tests are redundant other than the pit stop one, which could be moved to with the XFR tests.
The RAC tests are rather silly as the car is undrivable on the default setup.

Any ideas for some nice BF1 tests? A slow slalom course wouldn't be fun with this car.
The RA is a bit difficult to drive with the default set. Unfortunately it's the same for the FZ5. What about replacing them by some FOX lessons?
An autox lesson with the UF1 would be fun as well, although a stunt lesson would suit the car more.

Quote from bbman :The MRT lessons as a whole seem very hard to get, you had to have a perfect timing in the MRT5 start-lesson to achieve pro...

Yes, the autocross course is quite tricky. I'll probably add some easier MRT autox lessons first.
Quote :Any ideas for some nice BF1 tests? A slow slalom course wouldn't be fun with this car.

High speed braking (like the XRT one), on the same layout or on the drag strip. Maybe even an oval one - do pretty much one lap, 300kph or faster at the tyre stacks.
A pit stop one would be good with it, maybe at KY GP.

Quote :The RA is a bit difficult to drive with the default set. Unfortunately it's the same for the FZ5. What about replacing them by some FOX lessons?

Some FOX lessons would be a great idea. Maybe a slow slalom with the FOX and the other tests the road cars have. IMO the FOX should be the first car in the S2 lessons, it's the easiest to drive.

I don't know how a stunt test could be done, but it could be an idea to use Vain's "Mine" layout, which is very good, he used the FOX for that, but that with the UF1 is also fun.

On the layouts, I've got a layout which I call "the centrifuge" - it's hard to explain, it's on the skid pan. Half way between a throttle control and a slow slalom - it starts of quite fast but it gets really slow near the end.
This is the first I've heard about it. I never use manuals or training programs unless its too complicated to understand (or too simple for that matter.)

:Kick_Can_

Training - do you bother?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG