The online racing simulator

Poll : What type of internet connection do you have?

cable / adsl with download less or equal to 2048 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 1024 kbits
cable / adsl with download more than 4096 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 512 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 4096 kbits
other (some direct form of connection - usually very fast Smile" /> )
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 256 kbits
Dial-up modem
Only internet at work, not at home
Quote from keiran :288 Kbps Upstream, 1152 Kbps Downstream

With e7even and had one day downtime in a year and they also gave us two weeks free for that The only problem is I'm connected via a router with a brother who has about a thousand things running on the net Usually just pop up the stairs and pull the plug on him He just thinks the nets broken

Keiran

If you use a router go into the router and apply net filters on his mac address. I did it to my sister all the time back home. If she came and asked why net wasn't working I'd just say "No clue, I was talking on MSN and it went down, probably be back up later" and she'd genearlly dismiss the fact I was streaming defconradio.com on my lappy, my website was still online and I was playing 1nsane online

Though that only works if you know the passwords to the router. As I was the network admin... and allround admin in that house I had to know all the passwords to everything.
8/1 Mbit cable
1.6Mb/512k ADSL, will be upgraded to 3Mb this year for the same price.
Pretty funny concidering this account started with 340k/128k, it just kept upgrading free of charge.
Quote from the_angry_angel :<3 Blueyonder for the recent upgrades

Although the 4Mb package still only has a measly 386Kb upload

Same here. Gone from 1meg to 4meg for no extra cost. No caps whatsoever, either. The latency however is average rather than good - I used to get slightly lower pings on adsl when I wasn't living in a cabled area.
Fiber optic, and I have no clue how fast it really is. I've benchmarked it at 12,000 kb/s down and 12,000 kb/s up, so it's pretty speedy.
4/1mbit adsl at the moment, will be 8/1mb next month.
#32 - OPK
ADSL, 128kbit/s up, 768kbit/s down

Flat, ping 20 and up
damn wifi here... 250/96 no limit, but ping 10-1000....
#34 - mr_x
DownStream Connection Speed 2272 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps

taken from my router connection menu ADSL, got it with Pipex, who kindly upgraded me from 576k to 2mb with no extra charges a few months ago! no complaints about them, had no down time in 1 1/2 years with them! customer service is top notch aswell! 4 computers connected through the router... so i guess the 2mb upgrade is a godsend
8/1 here, no limits that is
cable / with download more than 4096 kbits Thats me
Quote from 96 GTS :Fiber optic, and I have no clue how fast it really is. I've benchmarked it at 12,000 kb/s down and 12,000 kb/s up, so it's pretty speedy.

If I'm right, fiber optics is the fastest wire. Optimum Lightpath huh? Good stuff

I know I have 100mbps bandwidth. The highest download speed I've gotten in mozilla was 8000kbps (No, not a typo) and I believe my 4000kbps
Here at home I connect to the net in two ways, 2-way satalite connection 512/128kbits (but this has poor ping as the signal travels into space and back giving generally in the order of 800ms to the first terestrial point, so no good for games, I use it for just for general web stuff), the other connection I have is ISDN 128/128kbits which gives ping to my provider 55-60ms and to most Euro LFS servers 450-500ms, US servers 350-400ms, Asia servers 250-350ms and Aussie servers 90-150ms.

I live in the outback of Australia so have little options in what I can do , I've only just come off an analog modem in which I could only get 28.8kbits.

In talking to the local telco tech though in the not too distant future (maybe a year) ADSL will be possible in remote areas as they are in testing for these sevices now, up until recently you had to be reasonably close to the local exchange to get ADSL. What suprised me was that the distance factor isn't that much of a problem for the data component of ADSL but is a problem for voice, and that's what they are working on at the moment.

So if you live in a remote area and your local exchange is 10-20km away it may be possible to get ADSL on a second line if its data only, this is something a telco wouldn't recommend though and you will have to convince them to do it and take the risk on yourself (i.e. if it didn't work well, tough tities)
Quote from geeman1 :ADSL 8/1 - no limits.

me too!
University network. On the weekends when no one's around, I get 10 Mbit down, 3 or 4 Mbit up.

At home I have ADSL. 768 kbit down, 384 kbit up.
Quote from mrodgers :usually connect at 45555 bytes/sec

bits bits bits bits bits

Not Bytes. That would be one crazy fast dialup connection.
Quote from Forbin :bits bits bits bits bits

Not Bytes. That would be one crazy fast dialup connection.

That would be one crazy fast any connection.
Indeed.

+1 to post count

Er... wth am I thinking, no. If it were bytes, it would be 45.5 kBytes per second. Hardly fast at all.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
10Mb ethernet connection from my college dorm.
@Home, 6mbit/786kbit down / up

Works fine most of the time.

At school we have 100 / 100 mbit, ideal for downloading DVD's etc :P
Yay for thread resurrection!

PS: Victors avatar is cool
512/256 works like 490/200 plus additional proxy 1 mb/512 working as 1 mb/200
Quote from AndroidXP :Yay for thread resurrection!

That sucks, I get caught all the time thinking its a recent thread
At the moment, 2500up, unsure of down.
Crappy NZ internet, but they're upgrading to 3500 soon.
Quote from Forbin :Indeed.

+1 to post count

Er... wth am I thinking, no. If it were bytes, it would be 45.5 kBytes per second. Hardly fast at all.

Oh yeah. >.< I always get screwed over with bites(I think it's bites), bytes and bits.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG