The online racing simulator
Starting to get very angry!!!!
(20 posts, started )
Basically i have bought a full licence for LFS i have the latest version download etc 99% of the time when i try to go online it says cant connect to master server. But when it does connect i try to unlock the full gmae it keeps telling me my unlocks are all used up this weekend and it has been doin this for weeks!!!! Can any help?
Hmmm this should be in Technical Assistance... not a bug.

Your probably need to sort out any problems with a firewall you may have with your connection, or any other background process that refuse LFS from connecting to the master server. Search the Technical Assistance forum for 'firewall' or other similar problems.

Should be an easy fix, and you've probably been trying to unlock the game way too often.
#3 - joen
Have you checked your firewall settings? Maybe it's blocking LFS for some reason.
Do you use hibernate on your PC?
When you do succeed in unlocking, do you ever lock it again manually yourself?
New unlocks are given every friday to a total maximum of 2 unlocks at a time. So what happened since last friday? You must have been able to unlock it since then.
Have you changed anything on your PC lately (like hardware upgrades)?
Have you searched for other topics about the same problem?
Quote from baz_doc :Basically i have bought a full licence for LFS i have the latest version download etc 99% of the time when i try to go online it says cant connect to master server. But when it does connect i try to unlock the full gmae it keeps telling me my unlocks are all used up this weekend and it has been doin this for weeks!!!! Can any help?

hi had the same problem and found out it was my internet provider
are you with :tiscali
if so send an email and complain to them and they will sourt it out they dont lik you on lfs during 6 and 11pm becuase thats the times that most people are on internet and the upload bandwith from lfs is quite hi and they dont like for that reason and also make sure you have unblocked through your firwall in windows and anti virus hope this helps
cheers for r help so far, i have paid for a licence and every time i try to unlock it it tells me ive used my week alowance i havent even unlocked it yet!!!!!!!! Is there any1 we can phone about LFS??? i pay my money and get this not a happy chap
#6 - joen
Quote from baz_doc :cheers for r help so far, i have paid for a licence and every time i try to unlock it it tells me ive used my week alowance i havent even unlocked it yet!!!!!!!! Is there any1 we can phone about LFS??? i pay my money and get this not a happy chap

It surely must be something on your end, because other people succeed in unlocking it. Did you try anything that was suggested? Noone can't help you if they can't narrow down the possible causes.
Quote from joen :It surely must be something on your end, because other people succeed in unlocking it. Did you try anything that was suggested? Noone can't help you if they can't narrow down the possible causes.

if you read i said i had the same problem because it was my internet provider tiscali they dont like lfs becausee the upload bandwith
#8 - joen
Quote from whitford :if you read i said i had the same problem because it was my internet provider tiscali they dont like lfs becausee the upload bandwith

I did read that. However my post wasn't directed at you but at the TS. In your case it may have been the provider, but we don't know if that's the problem in his case as well, so I don't really get what you're trying to say.
Quote from baz_doc :cheers for r help so far, i have paid for a licence and every time i try to unlock it it tells me ive used my week alowance i havent even unlocked it yet!!!!!!!! Is there any1 we can phone about LFS??? i pay my money and get this not a happy chap

Why don't you actually read and try the suggested remedies instead of simply acting like a complete retard.
did i not say thanks for the suggestions RETARD??? i have tried them and still cant get it to work also its not a prob with my ISP. Nice to see at least most of the forum are really helpful unlike knobs like JOSH cheers everyone else still tryin to get it resolved
Quote from baz_doc :did i not say thanks for the suggestions RETARD??? i have tried them and still cant get it to work also its not a prob with my ISP. Nice to see at least most of the forum are really helpful unlike knobs like JOSH cheers everyone else still tryin to get it resolved

After that reply I can see that I was infact wrong, you haven't acted like a retard at all. My mistake.
Quote from baz_doc :did i not say thanks for the suggestions RETARD??? i have tried them and still cant get it to work also its not a prob with my ISP. Nice to see at least most of the forum are really helpful unlike knobs like JOSH cheers everyone else still tryin to get it resolved

first of all - guys please calm down.I dont see this help to offend each other.

How do you know its not your ISP?
What Antivirus and Firewall software you use please?
Do you have any problems playing the demo? If you can't connect to the master server to play the demo then the problem is most definitely at your end. ISP, Firewall, Antivirus or whatever.

If you have no trouble with the demo then it's something to do with the unlocks being used up (somehow). So if you're connecting easily to the master server to play the demo then it should, as Tweaker said, be an easy fix to get S2 activated properly.
cheers guys i know its not my firewalls etc as my bro sells computers for a living and he looked at it for me and said everything is ok. If it is sayin i have used up all my unlocks what can i do? and does anyone even have the email address for LFS? cheers for all the help sorry if any1 was offended by the above comments
#16 - joen
Quote from baz_doc :cheers guys i know its not my firewalls etc as my bro sells computers for a living and he looked at it for me and said everything is ok. If it is sayin i have used up all my unlocks what can i do? and does anyone even have the email address for LFS? cheers for all the help sorry if any1 was offended by the above comments

Well, you get new unlocks every friday, but you might get one sooner if you email the devs and make clear you're having problems connecting. They might have some suggestions for you to check out.

But try what Sinbad said, that's a good suggestion.

If you want to email the devs you can use this form: http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=mailus
cheers joen thanks for all ur help ill try that
If you are using an old version, the master server address could be wrong. Make sure you have version V or W.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Quote from joshdifabio :After that reply I can see that I was infact wrong, you haven't acted like a retard at all. My mistake.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Lol

Okay, to solve this, try connecting to the demo server, on patch V.

Furthermore, make sure your firewalls (such as norton *ick*) are off, and that any anti-virus software is not running.

If you can connect to the demo server, e-mail the devs for some more unlocks, or wait until Friday.

Cheers

~CriticalDrift
Certainly sounds like you're using an old version - are you sure you have the latest? In a new folder, not over the top of some old copy?

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG