The online racing simulator
Eurovision predictions contest
(91 posts, started )
OK then, a bit of fun.The LFS forum doesn't have too many prediction contests, So I thought that a 1 off event would be a good one to start with

The Eurovision Song Contest will take place on the 12th of May at 7pm UTC. The semi-final will take place on the 10th, to weed out the riff raff entries. Therefore, I wouldn't do it how I would like to do it, so ...

You will have to post the number of points the 8 nations that I will randomly* select now gets. Whoever is the least points out wins.

I.E.

Finland scores 30, you say 28. You are 2 points out. The UK gets 250 (as if) and you say 160. So thats 90 - in total, 92 points out.

*Actually, the "Big 4" and 4 I randomly select.
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1 : [useless]
So, you must post predictions for

The big 4
France
Germany
Spain
United Kingdom

and

Latvia
Sweden
Greece
Belarus
Norway
Russia
(Backups if the selected 4 don't make the final)

Quote :Boooo! its shite and made for four y/o girls.

Coming from someone whose country threw the contest by sending out useless people because RTE couldn't afford to host it any more
I predict that there will be exclusively really really bad and boring songs and I predict that I will LMAO during at least half of the "performances".
Quote from zeugnimod :I predict that there will be exclusively really really bad and boring songs and I predict that I will LMAO during at least half of the "performances".

You will LMAO more if you enter this
Ok, ok, I only know the songs of Germany and Switzerland (the german song isnt THAT bad really but he sings german and therefore wont have any chance to get a good position) but I vote anyway if it makes you happy.

I have no idea what the maximum of points is that one nation can get so dont laugh.

France 62
Germany 28
Spain 123
United Kingdom 83

and

Latvia 152
Sweden 16
Greece 73
Belarus 175

Ok, that was me randomly putting some numbers behind the countries.
DJ Bobo is gonna pwn you all!!

w00t!
Latvia will have the best entry, closely followed by Estonia, Germany generally make a good effort too.

I haven't heard any of the songs yet, but I know Latvia will be my favourite.
Quote from Madman_CZ :btw hasn't been decided if they are going to actually sing on saturday.. there is a semifinal to get through on thursday wgere they pick another 8 countries from like 20

That's why I have selected some backups.

EDIT : It's a some aging rockers, which is deffo better than a cheesy pop act.

Quote :Germany generally make a good effort too.

ROFL. There was a rumour that Rammstein were going to enter, but that was unfortunatly a load of crap
Quote from Highsider9 :DJ Bobo is gonna pwn you all!!

w00t!

Haha, Switzerland 0 points.

Seriously, I cant stand that idiot. Sorry, but hes just stupid.

The UK video is exactly what I meant with LMAO during performances.

The Czech isnt as bad as Switzerland and UK IMO. Is it me or do they try to sound like Czech
Rammstein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pWn3qUgVg
Thats the german entry. I quite like the song and singer but I dont think he stands a chance with german lyrics. The text is pretty good and funny if you understand it.
Finland, 13 points.

Hell can unfreeze in peace.

Oh, and I say that Israel wins!
Finland 17 points. Hell set on fast anti-freeze!
Quote from zeugnimod :Haha, Switzerland 0 points.

The UK video is exactly what I meant with LMAO during performances.

The Czech isnt as bad as Switzerland and UK IMO. Is it me or do they try to sound like Czech
Rammstein?

Heh well the UK entry in my eyes is horrid, in the UK they are really hopeful that it will do well, they see eurovision as a poppy joke song contest and with the track they came up this year they are hopeful that they will do well. Ok so eurovision is cheesy pop but UK entry is just awful, Czech entry is not good in my eyes, as much as I like Kabát singing in Czech wont to them any favours and nor will the fact that is a poor song, they have so many other good songs. About the Czech Rammstein.. ROFL

The German entry ain't too bad, nice style, don't have a clue as to what he is singing about.

@Blackout: Push teh Button! pure awesomness!
Quote from Madman_CZ :The German entry ain't too bad, nice style, don't have a clue as to what he is singing about.

Thats the best translation I could find (well, actually its the second link Google came up with ): http://community.sol.de/blog/show.phtml?cbID=9544

It really fits much better in german but you can get an idea. And dont say anything about that site, it looks a bit strange.
Quote from zeugnimod :

Agreed. But he's still going to win.
I've just been going through some of the songs

I liked Finland a lot, and for some reason Ireland, the Irish entry seemed goood. Sweden, France, Norway and most of the rest were.. painful to hear.... I say Finland wins!
Spanky already set the anti-freeze on. It's impossible Madman! Impossible I tell you!
It's about media attention and stage show and we don't have it this year, it's back to the 1 singer and 1 synthplayer combo.
#21 - AJS
Quote from zeugnimod :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pWn3qUgVg
Thats the german entry. I quite like the song and singer but I dont think he stands a chance with german lyrics. The text is pretty good and funny if you understand it.

The first time i heard the song the style was somehow interesting but now i cant hear it anymore

well i think it would sound silly in english. is there an english version ??

i watched the Hungarian candidate (english version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=

but i really prefer the original hungarian version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZGy4RI1rQ

sounds way better and the lyrics are way better too imo.
Hasn't this already happened?

I swear there was loads about eurovision-crap recently in the UK...or was that us voting for who to send to the slaughter this year?
If anyone wants to know my opinion - Germany does not stand any chance. The song does not make you scream from pain in your ears - that's a bad thing for Eurovision and they will not get any votes!
England however are my favourites, not only making me hold my ears but also turn away from the screen.
Czech and Hungarian songs are just dull so they will get some votes at least.

France 50
Germany 0
Spain 50
United Kingdom 1500

and

Latvia 10
Sweden 11
Greece 12
Belarus 13
(no clue here )

Oh, and as I'm writing this I'm watching the Finnish song - it's not very good in English, but I think it'd be quite nice if the lady sang in a language she can speak properly
this pixel -> :blank: is more interesting than the songfestival
:wow:

That pixel is gorgeous!

(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG