The online racing simulator
Push 2 pass button
(33 posts, started )
Yes, but you have to realize who brought the system into the world, which was Champ Cars, which are often in tight city based tracks where there is no room to pass, thus they insisted on a system that would allow drivers to catch up, or pass someone in the short periods of time they have to be able to do so safely.

Plus the other reason is because it is a crowd pleaser; where is the fun of watching cars go around a track without passing anyone once?
#27 - Osco
I personally couldn't care less for the crowd if it comes to LFS. True, sometimes I have a boring race, as in no direct opponent ahead or behind. Maybe if it were to be implemented on only south city tracks, if you say it is used for 'tight city based tracks where there is no room to pass'..
All I'm saying, overtaking is good, but shouldn't become too easy by just pushing a button
Quote from Storm_Cloud :F1 does not even have the "Over rev" button now as they are all limited to 19,000rpm and because they are designed to run at up to 21,000 they can run forever at 19.

I'm not familar with the "new" rules, sorry, I lost pretty much all my interest in F1. The '06 cars were still unlimited? If there is proper engine damage, I'm all in favor for an adjustable, overrideable rev-limiter
Quote from Leifde :But, yeah, a car similar to FPA (faster than the FOX, slower than the FO8) would be good

That's one of LFS' biggest gaps, the other being the no FFord or FBMW type car.

It would also add a turbo SS
I say a formula vee for a lower class SS. Basically a FFord but made from VW Beetle parts. The engine is 1300cc gives out about 85bhp (not sure about that bit). www.veecentre.com
Quote from Leifde :I say a formula vee for a lower class SS. Basically a FFord but made from VW Beetle parts. The engine is 1300cc gives out about 85bhp (not sure about that bit). www.veecentre.com

Thanks for the ads - it's veecentre.org now (Google).

Maybe even a Formula (not Star) Mazda type car?

I think one without wings would be better. Anyway, we've gone way off topic here.
Quote from duke_toaster :I assume you were registered blind during race 3 this weekend when they were going 8 wide in to Club ...

I turned it off after finally getting to the crash you started a thread on (seemed reasonable to leave the cars their IMO) bored to tears by it far too much contact for my liking and no I did not see any close racing/passing that didn't result in the obligatory contact any club meeting there's far closer and cleaner racing, there's a problem when stock hatches can teach supposedly the UKs premiere tin top series a thing or two on entertainment rather than constant barging/shoving and these stupid NASCAR style driver bitch fights.

Push 2 pass button
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG