The online racing simulator
Quote from Vain :...Others are abominations to the god of vehicle dynamics and drive about as well as a monster-truck around a slalom-track...

Not sure if it's just because i'm tired, but that made me properly laugh out loud, nice one

In all seriousness. Ta. I'll give the inferno database a thrashing and see if I can beat some PB's tomorrow. Not got much else to do, so
Hi Shijouki. Thanks for alerting me to the delights of this car/track combo. I've only had the game a couple of months and have done most of my running on Blackwood. My fave cars are the FZR, LX4, UFR and RAC.

Had a quick blast round Westhill and like you got a bit stuck on 1:40s for a while. Downloaded the WR replay which opened my eyes a bit! Using a modified version of Biggi's Blackwood WR setup (fairly high downforce, just changed the gear ratios), and I'm currently down to mid 1:36s with AI managing to pull out the occasional 1:35, although I must confess to using the steering wheel shift paddles on my DFP. Having a great time! More to come.
Hi,

Hey not a problem Hammerdown! It's a fantastic track/car combo i think. Nice and fast with sweeping bends, and some nice tight corners also.
Let me know how you go with your setups and fine tuning of your times.
Certainly one thing that Davo taught me the other day on the TeamXFR server was to use more of the track and be more smooth through corners. If you look at my replays, you can see i lack confidence through the corners..sketchy turning and indecisive! But that will all come good with time and practice!

Seeyuz,
Shoujiki
I haven't watched beyond the first replay, but to me it is very obvious that you're simply uncomfortable with the controls. I could ramble on about driving techniques til I pass out but none of that helps if you don't trust your controls Simple remedy: keep driving mate! Once you no longer have to even think about pedals and gear shifts then you can think about setups and techniques. Don't worry tho, I'm hopeless with a wheel too, but if I had one i'd take the time to get used to it and I'd be up to speed eventually.
Quote from mrodgers :My PB is from quite some time ago at 1:31.72. Not all that fast, but fast enough for me.

nice set but im a little confused how i can make up 3 sec westhill +GTR's is one of the most inconsistant combos for me some times i can do a corner easy and next lap its slower but i allmost go off due to missing the road camber and help or hints would help me alot

PS first 5 laps with ur set
Attached files
5lap test.mpr - 293 KB - 149 views
Oops. Sorry about spelling your name wrong.

I'm going to try a few new setups today. Just downloaded the one posted above, and I've got the Easy Race setups that come from the Gear Ratio Calculator site (I think). I've had good luck with some of those on other cars.

OK, tried the Easy Race and didn't get on with that, so modded Biggi's set still further (reduced camber by about 50% and increased pressures, R2, R3 rear). Got a 1:34.6 with R2 rears, but they were burning after 5 laps. Changed to R3 rears and just did a 1:34.17.
nice
Here's my setup if anyone wants to try it out. I'd be interested to to hear feedback. I saved a replay of my race but it came out at 1.85MB, so I'd better not post that. Can I make them smaller?
Attached files
FZ50 GTR_Biggi BL Mod.set - 132 B - 922 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG