The online racing simulator
Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bladerunner :I think that only the NET time (time+penalty) should count for pb's.

The penalty only adds to the total time. So it isn't a problem on regular tracks, only on drags because in there total time = 'lap' time. 30 second penalty for false starting on drags seems a little odd for me too. A 30s penalty basically has the same effective penalty as DQ. I don't know what the penalty is in RL, but maybe on drags the penalty should be DQ?
#277 - dev
Quote from Cue-Ball :Do you have a replay showing this? So far, nobody else I've talked to has been able to hit another car because they are spectated before they can touch.

No, I don't... I didn't remember to save the replay
Quote from mkinnov8 :Not new to these test patches, has been like that since S2 was released last year, perhaps even longer. Its annoying, but funny too.

But I think it should be fixed as quick as possible, since it's very annoying and destroys races for people. Hopefully Scawen can fix it within patch X.
Why are there so few servers running W17?
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Why are there so few servers running W17?

Isn't it obvious? It's a test patch and for testing use only. You should use patch W17 only if you want to test how the new features work and don't mind possible bugs. It won't take long until next stable patch is released.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :But I think it should be fixed as quick as possible, since it's very annoying and destroys races for people. Hopefully Scawen can fix it within patch X.

Indeed, but i dont think it will be done for X.
Quote from Yisc[NL] : If you hit the curb on the inside and bounces back on the track, suddenly your cars is "grabbed" and stuck to the track.

I watched the replay, its not a bug, don´t cut the curve.
Quote from askoff :Isn't it obvious? It's a test patch and for testing use only. You should use patch W17 only if you want to test how the new features work and don't mind possible bugs. It won't take long until next stable patch is released.

W9 was much better populated, so i don't see why those running W9-servers haven't upgraded.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :W9 was much better populated, so i don't see why those running W9-servers haven't upgraded.

Because W17 is also non-compatible patch so everyone would have move to the test patch, before it didn't matter what version you were running.
W9 was incompatible with W, btw
Quote from matze54564 :I watched the replay, its not a bug, don´t cut the curve.

It's not the curb that's causing the problem. The problem is some point on the middle of the track, which somehow 'grabs' the car and hold on to it. It doesn't happen when your normally driving over that point, only when you hit the curb or the tire wall (no intention to cut off the corner), get back on track and suddenly your stuck to it.
ok guys, i know i've asked this 4 or 5 times by now. but i never got an answer to it:

How many cars are possible on Autocross AU1? is it still 16 like in the older patches or are there more now? i hope i can get an answer before the 14th of may, as we will have an event on that date. and i did not manage to motivate enough people to join a autocross server to find it out myself.

so once again:

HOW MANY CARS ARE THE MAXIMUM ON AUTOCROSS AU1?
Quote from vari :Two crashes on same host at the same time, first one is mine and second is Shittie's. Nobody else was around at the time.

That's really strange... was there a host control program running? I can only think that somehow it got into a state of loading autocross objects at the same time as loading a track, but that should be impossible. Maybe through InSim it can be done...?

Quote from kamo2000 :Lfs just crashed (W17):
I started training mode...went fine to the first f08 lesson at westhill and bah.
Check screnshot...addres is there.

Quote from racemania :hi i got a crash when doing lessons in the test patch W17

heres the crash address: 0x000000000a8f2c20

it was with the LX4 and i was about to do a lap on southcity, as soon as i went to pull into the gates at the end of lap it crashed.

thanks racemania

I'm having difficulty reproducing this, so I need more info, if you have a few mins to try and reproduce it. Unfortunately the crash addresses are not inside LFS, so I guess LFS is causing a crash in the graphics somehow.

Some questions :

Does it happen if you just drive straight into the gates without doing a lap?
Does it happen every time?
Are you driving slowly or fast into the finish gates?
What is your setting for Options...Display...Checkpoint text?
Is it *instantly* crashing as you pull into the games or do you get a finished message, or anything?
Please can you try putting these layouts in your layout folder, then try it in-game, not in a lesson.
Attached files
layout_so_we.zip - 409 B - 264 views
Quote from Fischfix :ok guys, i know i've asked this 4 or 5 times by now. but i never got an answer to it:

How many cars are possible on Autocross AU1? is it still 16 like in the older patches or are there more now? i hope i can get an answer before the 14th of may, as we will have an event on that date. and i did not manage to motivate enough people to join a autocross server to find it out myself.

so once again:

HOW MANY CARS ARE THE MAXIMUM ON AUTOCROSS AU1?

I never answered at first because I didn't understand your question, and I still don't understand really.

Only one car can start at a time on autocross, and others can join after that. So what do you mean, is it the number of spectators? Or do you have a race track layout and you are using the start grid? If there was a 16 limit in the old one, I guess it's the same now. But you can have up to 47 spectators.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote:
Originally Posted by racemania
hi i got a crash when doing lessons in the test patch W17

heres the crash address: 0x000000000a8f2c20

it was with the LX4 and i was about to do a lap on southcity, as soon as i went to pull into the gates at the end of lap it crashed.

thanks racemania

I'm having difficulty reproducing this, so I need more info, if you have a few mins to try and reproduce it. Unfortunately the crash addresses are not inside LFS, so I guess LFS is causing a crash in the graphics somehow.

Some questions :

Is it *instantly* crashing as you pull into the games or do you get a finished message, or anything?
Please can you try putting these layouts in your layout folder, then try it in-game, not in a lesson.

hi i can get it when i just pull straight in and when i do a full lap or 2,
im driving slowly, checkpoint text is split times, and it instantly crashes, i will try the layout and let you know.

ive had it 3 times now i dont know if its my pc causing it or just a slight bug.

Edit: ok just tried WE config and got this : 0x0000000000004c35
that was with just starting and pulling in no lap at all.
now ill try a lap

Edit 2: ok done a full lap no crash but somthing weird the laps counted to 59 verry fast no crash just that so i think its when you pullin without doing the full lap is where its crashing. after trying again i tried to make sure i can crash it over and over again and seen the laps count up everytime i crash lfs.

ill try get a replay for you.

Edit 3: seems i cant get a replay now cause everytime i pull in it crashes lol
Thanks for that test - I can reproduce the very fast lap counting as well - only it never crashes on mine. Well, I'll fix the lap counting bug and we'll see with the next test patch if that somehow fixes the crash for you.
ok thanks
Quote from Scawen :That's really strange... was there a host control program running? I can only think that somehow it got into a state of loading autocross objects at the same time as loading a track, but that should be impossible. Maybe through InSim it can be done...?

Yes, the insim program rotates tracks whenever the race is ended and some of the tracks in rotation have autox objects by default like barriers and bales to prevent cutting.

edit: confirmed, insim was connected at the time. (The dedi didn't crash.)
Quote from Scawen :That's really strange... was there a host control program running? I can only think that somehow it got into a state of loading autocross objects at the same time as loading a track, but that should be impossible. Maybe through InSim it can be done...?

Insim was loaded (using udp).
There is an autocross layout for every track on this server which it may have been loading.

When insim receives TINY_REN (end screen) it sends /track /cars /mustpit.
During that it crashed, can't define an exact moment or command that caused it.

edit: insim doesn't load autocross layouts/objects
Quote from Scawen :I can reproduce the very fast lap counting as well - only it never crashes on mine.

Maybe LFS crashes because checkpoint and finish line are very close together? They are placed to each other, so the time between passing checkpoint and finishline is very short or maybe even 0 at high speed.

Edit: I just noticed that there are no starting lights at the skid pad lesson (throttle control #1 MRT).
Edit 2: Same goes for Fern Bay Overtaking - FXO.
Edit 3: AI REPAIR is still being displayed in the training lessons (e.g. rallyx overtaking rb4).
Edit 4: Strange behaviour in Rallyx Testdrive 2 - RB4: After driving into the finish square, I cannot control (steer, brake, throttle) the car anymore (driving on keyboard).
Quote from Scawen : Or do you have a race track layout and you are using the start grid?

Thats it . ok so i am stuck with 16. thx for reply
Quote from Tweaker :Found a minor bug...

In cockpit view the minimap is usually one color... light grey in this case. If you use look left/right/behind it stays light grey. But in custom view, the map turns dark grey when using those keys. (also in external/chase cam, the map is dark grey)

Don't know if it should be like that, but just seemed odd Also, strange... this somehow doesn't happen to some cars at random, it is weird. And, the map should turn dark grey no matter what if you are lapped traffic right? Well sometimes the cars would pit out and the map would be light grey for them (even after they pass the splits and do several laps to verify they are lapped down), but only dark grey if you used the look keys???

When I noticed this happening, I was on a server that was in progress and set to 10 laps, and nobody was finishing the race, they were just driving around. Finally they restarted the race, and now everyone's maps were dark grey, but as soon as someone pit in/out, the bug came back again. Like it has something to do with people pitting out of the garage when a race is in progress, then if it restarts, it still thinks the person really leading that new race should still have the old dark grey map. I dunno, I am really confused with these colors changing atm, lol!

It's supposed to be dark grey if you have a car with an open roof, because that looks best against the sky, but if you have a roof, it should be light grey so you can see it. If it changes when looking, I guess that means you have a road car selected and you are using a custom view with the body drawn in main look but invisible (equivalent to open roof) when looking. Helicopter view has a light map (because the map is often over road or dark ground) and TV cam uses a dark map (because the map is often in the sky).

The dark and light grey are user settings in the interface options so you can make them constant if you prefer.
Quote from GP4Flo :Maybe LFS crashes because checkpoint and finish line are very close together? They are placed to each other, so the time between passing checkpoint and finishline is very short or maybe even 0 at high speed.

No, you can reproduce the lap counting bug even if you move the checkpoint further back, as long as they are still in a line, so that when you cross the finish line you are still within the checkpoint's width, then the counter can go crazy. LFS just assumes you are "behind" the checkpoint when you cross the finish line, then next frame it finds you are in front of it, so it thinks you have crossed it, then it assumes you are behind the finish line, finds you have crossed it, etc...

That doesn't really explain the crash or loss of control of the car though.

Some questions :

I won't be able to sleep if i don't reply :P

- for me it crashes everytime i try it with one lap or without it - just tested it - as usual different crash addresses.
- both slow and fast = crash
- option = split times
- it crashes instantly so i on't see any message.
- lol it crashed in single player with layout loaded - f08 default set race 3 laps - i did saw finished message and then boom crash address -->0x0000000000004c30. I went to multiplayer on my own server ( started new) no crash only funny message finished 30/5 then 19/5 it's random i guess.

edit: i don't get it..now it didn't crashed in single player.. and no problems in south city.

edit2: and now it crashed in single again lol addres 4c33

ok enough testing
It seems that there is wrong packet size in the documentation of IS_PSF in W17. IMHO the size should be 9 instead of 12.
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG