The online racing simulator
i used drivercleaner to uninstall all the ati stuff and then reinstalled with 7.3... things seem to be okay now.
I never tried the 7.3 drivers, so I might give them a shot. I haven't had the chance to try anything other than the latest Omega drivers yet (well, more like I've been too lazy than not had time) so I'll give the 7.3s and one of the older 6.XXs a try. I'm getting bad frames with the Omega drivers in a field, but I never used to with other drivers so I can't sit tight with these ones
Just got this handy tip from unseen, it works for me so I thought I'd post it here...

If you're having trouble getting AA to kick in, try pressing Shift-F4, then Shift-F11, then Shift-F12.

Works like a charm!
Quote from Electrik Kar :Just got this handy tip from unseen, it works for me so I thought I'd post it here...

If you're having trouble getting AA to kick in, try pressing Shift-F4, then Shift-F11, then Shift-F12.

Works like a charm!

I just tried that but it takes me to another screen resolution (1280x960 from 1680x1050) and it takes me into 16-bit mode (from 32-bit). I then changed back to 1680x1050 and AA/AF worked in 16-bit colour, but not in 32-bit colour. Really strange, but i guess it is a workaround until a real solution can be found....

BTW Electrik Kar I love your hi-res textures, keep 'em coming!
my experience with LFS and ATI and Nvidia..

using a Nvidia 6800GS @ Ultra gave me gatter graphics and better sharp looking edges and no Moiré, when conpared to may actual X1950XT... i dont know why... i trying all setting in the ATI and it just wont look sharp and depth as the nvidia...

the problem you are having with AA happens if you are trying to run the game in a resolution @ Hz diferent from the manufacturer recomended.

in my case....i can change all imaginable settings on the game and vga control panel and no matter what i do it wont go with AA UNLESS i use the manufacturer recommended settings for the resolution im playing.

example: 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz on my Benq 19'LCD will not do AA no matter what i do.

if i simply change it to 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz AA kicks in and works perfectly.

thy lowering your monitors Hz on the game setup, save, close and restart the game.
I'm running my recommended refresh rate. And as I said, I didn't have this problem until I upgraded drivers, so it has nothing to do with my monitor.
Quote : if i simply change it to 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz AA kicks in and works perfectly.

Yeah, same here.
You probably exceeded your card's resolution limit with the features on. I don't know about Nvidia cars, but ATI cards have a res limit that is displayed. It varies with different settings you apply. My settings are maxed and the limit is larger than the res im using, so thats not the problem im having
But it used to work pretty well. It's only the last week or two I've started having real problems. I've had to quit out of LFS, and back in again, switching profiles, the whole works... sometimes I've tried 20 times in a row... it seems to be getting worse.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG