The online racing simulator
Cooking Rears on FOX at ASGP
(11 posts, started )
My new favourite combo (as I'm sure you all know) is ASGP with the FOX, but I've hit a big problem when running a 5 lap race (even with a compulsory pit mid-race [3rd lap to be exact]). I'm running R1's all around, but I'm cooking the rear's on the last lap, about half way around, so its impossible to get the damn thing around any corner without it spinning (really badly), thus I'm loosing a major amount of position

I dont want to use R2's as they dont really get warm enough (at least on the set I'm using). I've tried fiddling with the tyre pressures, and the suspension, but I've not got very far. I dont want to alter the wing, as it means I cant get around some of the corners at the speed I want. Any suggestions for this setup noob? Or am I going to have to make a major compromise somewhere?
Don't think I've run the FOX there, I'll have a play and see how I manage with my setup.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I dont want to use R2's as they dont really get warm enough (at least on the set I'm using). I've tried fiddling with the tyre pressures, and the suspension, but I've not got very far. I dont want to alter the wing, as it means I cant get around some of the corners at the speed I want. Any suggestions for this setup noob? Or am I going to have to make a major compromise somewhere?

How's your diff settings? Do you get this on both rears? Are you running some drastically toed-in setup?
Its usually the rear right that goes first, shortly followed by the left as well (making things completely undrivable).

The rear Toe In is +0.1 degrees, so not really. I think its purely because of the speed in some of the corners is stressful. The current wing setting is 11 degrees on the rear.
Are you excessively drafting drivers around corners? thats the only time i can get my tires really hot. Even though you said you don't like R2's, you can always burnout to warm them up, what is your camber set at? Also another thing for hot tires is your breaks, are you locking them to slow down rather than progressive breaking ?
No excessive drafting at all, camber's at -1.1 on the rear.

I'm occasionally flatspotting when I'm pushing hard, it must be said, but not enough to cause the problem. I think its purely down to the fact that R1's really arent upto the job
Don't know what you're winging about, takes 3 laps just to get tyres to optimum (mid 70s) with my set. If you wreck the tyres on this it's definately your driving. I think this is a bit too much downforce for this track, so much of it is taken flat with your amount of downforce.
Attached files
FORMULA XR_Bob AS GP.set - 132 B - 335 views
what section of the tyres is getting cooked? what pressure are the rears at? Sounds to me like you've got some combo of too much camber / too little pressure. cooking r1's in 5 laps shouldn't happen on anything but a qual / hotlap set.
Hmm, gives me great confidence Bob :P Mind you I did tell you I'm shit I'll give your set a go and see what I do. A pint says I'll do the same thing and its really my fault

Its the hairpin turn before the final chicane I'm getting the problem on. The rear is on abuot 120-130 if I remember correctly. I cant check right now.
Interesting, really sounds like your pushing your car to the limits, personally id set the rears onto r2's if i was getting excessive heat. Once they have warmed up you get a nice amount of traction and they arn't like r4's and won't cool down quickly. Just stick on the r2's If you get wheel slippage, just add a bit of rear wing downforce.
I wouldnt mind, if I could set a good time I'm over doing it a bit on a certain corner I fear Ho hum. I'll give it a go tonight (if the gf lets me )

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG