The online racing simulator
To Scare Crackers (LFS)
(39 posts, closed, started )
To Scare Crackers (LFS)
I made a quick hack thing that pops up a dialog box and says how you are a cracker and how it is illegal and the such, and all that, but I was wondering if I should actually give it to crackers.

Moreso, I am wondering if I should make it open up over and over, forever, or just once.

See, I planned on hiding the file in a zip with a funny readme.

Here, I will attach a short version file. It is just a quick version so don't panic. I think It's funny, what do you think?
Not seeing the point, maybe if u have connections in the "underground" world then it might have a point, but atm it's quite pointless, i don't think anyone would be afraid of that little app u have made.
Heh yeah. But guess what, I am a demo racer.

What more connections do I need j/k..

Anyways, yeah I am looking to improve..somehow..
I didn't mean the demo world, i meant the real underground, people usually go to google to search for the crack, and usually get lucky, so you'd have to find a way to distribute it from a well known site amongst the crackers.
Actually, I made one that shuts down ur computer. I know just how to do it if you want I can release that. It is reversible and it allows you to leave a message.
Hmm, that does sound evil . PM me the app, with a bit of instructions as well. I'll try to "market" it around.
Okay, this is what I am gonna do.

Readme says to open those files, they start spamming your screen.

One says press this to learn how to stop the messages. And it will open a file that will tell you that the shutdown file is how you stop the messages (well it's one way )

And it will then say t-9 seconds and tell you it is shutting down. Sound good? It's funny to me.

And you can try it, I'll set the time to a long time so that you can input the reverse message..
useful everytime some idiot dares to come here and ask for crack
Heh

I thought it was pretty funny, I wonder if it is useful.

This could be our new welcome note to crackers on the forum! !

Last question: Should I make it so the messages just don't stop.

And I have a plan for the shutdown application, if you want I can make that.
first of all i doubt the devs or the mods will like to see such an app being spread around on the forum
also its not exactly legal to just shut down somebody elses pc on purpose
and lastly this will never spread on any type of network not even on p2p
Quote from Shotglass :first of all i doubt the devs or the mods will like to see such an app being spread around on the forum
also its not exactly legal to just shut down somebody elses pc on purpose
and lastly this will never spread on any type of network not even on p2p

I don't expect it to be spread, I just thought it was funny

Ah, and is it legal to crack?

Aside that, it's basically harmless...teaches a lesson I guess.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :...teaches a lesson I guess.

nop.. they say some bad words and next they just go find a proper crack
A significant proportion of virus' come about this way... Software vendors make them and pirate their own wares with a virused up program, it's like a last hurrah for the pirate community - they cant beat them but they can wreck their hard drives.

Unfortunately, the pirates themselves are rarely bothered by these things. It's the people who come along afterwards and download the files without all the expert knowledge that get caught out.

This approach has been keeping Macafee and Symentec in business with diabolically aweful software for years.

If you would like to effect the stupid whilst feeding the already extremely wealthy corporations, then make this little tool.

tbh, the real genius of these programs is not what they do but how they bury themselves into the system. If you are getting involved in anything clever, then i'd rather you went and did it with your haxxor buddies and stuck to just messing up the college computers.
We could do without this IMO.

Cracker users are not stereotypically bad people, I've nothing against them personally. We ban them on site here because the devs fund this forum, so licensed racers (paying customers), and demo racers (potential customers) who are learning what all the fuss is about, can discuss LFS and get help.

Crack users have decided to not pay, have removed themselves from the customer pile, so there is no reason for them to cause extra expense (through bandwidth, however low) for the developers.

Creating shitty programs really isn't the best approach and you will not be spreading them via this forum.
Quote :the real underground, people usually go to google to search for the crack

I think you need to re-investigate the "real underground" I'd rather not see this prog come about. It's malicious and ultimately pointless.
I've always been amused by the fact that the software industry spends so much time trying to develop ways to artificially limit the inherently reproduceable nature of its product. This usually results in bloated, pain in the arse software.

LFS seems to have taken a much more reasonable course, in that it has encouraged the growth of a loyal fanbase, so that policing the software is largely part of the economy of its use. Don't allow that to result in bloated, pain in the arse users.
Quote :Don't allow that to result in bloated, pain in the arse users.

Holy cow, that's so true! Since buying LFS I havn't been outside and done any exercise once!
Quote from Becky Rose :Holy cow, that's so true! Since buying LFS I havn't been outside and done any exercise once!

LOL

Put tennis balls under your pedals; the pressure required to accelerate and brake then at least results in beautifully toned ankles!
I never did exercise before LFS, so I can't blame it on that. Thankfully I have the world's most amazing metabolism, so I'm alright

But I have to agree - this program might be amusing in theory, but nobody is going to last long round here, asking for a crack on the official forums. I've done my share of cracking, I know what I'm talking about

I mean I have never cracked software in my life, and I would never consider doing so.

Phew
Meh..I just found it funny.

And no, I don't do this regularly. I was just bored on a Saturday morning...and I don't know anyone else who does this, so since when do I have "haxxor college buddies who mess up campus computers"?

Quote :Creating shitty programs really isn't the best approach and you will not be spreading them via this forum.

I thought they didn't allow profanity here ._.

And no, I never wanted to spread it here. Just a little joke.
Keep the jokes to that stupid "funnyjokes.com" place and away from here. Most of already know you played S2 "At your cousin's house" which usally means cracked so stop trying to be a kissass and try to make "cracker prevention" files.

Anyone who's even read your post would know about it and not download it.
#23 - CSU1
Attached images
scary_monster.jpg
Make it format their hard drive. That'll teach them cheap demo crackers!
Quote from GruntOfAction :Keep the jokes to that stupid "funnyjokes.com" place and away from here. Most of already know you played S2 "At your cousin's house" which usally means cracked so stop trying to be a kissass and try to make "cracker prevention" files.

Anyone who's even read your post would know about it and not download it.

I'm not going to start some stupid argument. I just thought these would be fun, I'm not trying to kiss any ****ing ass. Oh, and drop the hard feelings, no one asked you to throw a fit back then. Thank you for replying to my post and taking it wrongly.

Quote from Bob Smith :It seemed an apt description.

Ha ha.

Well..sorry..I didn't think that anyone would take it so shittily.

Quote from CSU1 :

Now THAT should be the real anti-crack tool.

Quote from stevewhite :Make it format their hard drive. That'll teach them cheap demo crackers!

That's illegal.. .__.
This thread is closed

To Scare Crackers (LFS)
(39 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG