The online racing simulator
Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ussbeethoven :A strange bug appeared just 20min ago: on "OLT Pro Racing" every car except the own lagged resp. car position wasn't refreshed anymore, and the same happened again right after a server restart but chatting, setting new PBs and completing the race was still possible. I remember the same bug appeared before with W17.

Yep, It's the third time I've seen it now. It's a Linux host by the way.
Quote from AndreABG :@DEVIL 007: can't reproduce this... I read something on the Notes to the Forceware beta drivers for 8xxx series: with AA turned on, all objects must be rendered each frame or they will disappear - it says some software only renders some Objects new, when they change - so in pause mode the missing things aren't re-rendered and therefor missing maybe. I don't know which cards are effected by this or if its only with the beta drivers or with all, but try to reproduce it with AA turned off

reproduced also without any AA turned on.
Sure it disappear when game is unpaused but for me its still drawing bug.

Also with the 32 players there should be note how fast connection you need when connection to 32 players server.
I don't know weather I should post it here or in the Xfire site, but you can't call Xfire in W17 version.
wont 32 players cause lag?
and when does official new patch comes... so every server will run on new one
Quote from Dutch-ALfa :wont 32 players cause lag?
and when does official new patch comes... so every server will run on new one

Might do - depends on your connection and the servers'

When it's finished. Maybe this week. Maybe next. Maybe later. Maybe sooner.
Quote from Macfox :Scawen, is InSim likely to change again before X is out?

Several of the mod developers are holding off updates.

Just some small changes will be made which I plan to release this week, even if I don't fix all the other known bugs reported here in this thread by that time. The small changes should be easy to adapt to, as long as the programmers bear that in mind it may be a good idea for them to get it working with W17, and just be read for the W18 changes. Or they can wait until the weekend.

Info about the small InSim changes : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=409971#post409971

Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :Hope they will make it soon, so that you have to download the patch, i want all these features but until things like servers actually appear in W+ its kinda pointless. All these features sound great, but until everyone runs off the same thing its iffy u know.

Now you know why I try to keep all the incompatible changes to a smaller session like this, and most test patches are made to be compatible. Don't worry, I'm doing my best to get the incompatible changes finished and re-unite the divided community again.

Quote from Doorman :An exploit came to our notice last night, one that we've not seen before. Although I've noticed that you can 'pit' when leaving the garage when joining midrace.

W17, 'Mustpit' enabled
What they do is pretend to accidently false start, telepit, which nullifys their penalty, leave the garage, drive into a pit space do their pitstop (no damage of course) and carry on. This all takes just a few seconds and the rest of the field have only gone a little way and of course they still have to pit. Keep an eye out for people that false start and telepit immediately.

Hope that makes sense.

Are you sure they managed to finish the race without being disqualified? Although they pit, it's not supposed to qualify as a valid pit stop for the must pit rule. They should still be disqualified at the end of the race unless they pit again. I've just tested it again now and the first thing is : I could not join back into the pitlane until 12 seconds after the race started. Then when leaving my pit box I did a pit stop, and it did not remove my "Pit stop required : yes" in the F12 menu - it did not change to OK. Then I received a time penalty on my final lap. So... I could not reproduce gaining any advantage.

Quote from ussbeethoven :A strange bug appeared just 20min ago: on "OLT Pro Racing" every car except the own lagged resp. car position wasn't refreshed anymore, and the same happened again right after a server restart but chatting, setting new PBs and completing the race was still possible. I remember the same bug appeared before with W17.

That sounds like the host stopped accepting UDP packets. I heard recently that this happened with a new version of Wine, and the problem was solved by reverting to an older version of Wine.

Quote from [RF]-art555 :I don't know weather I should post it here or in the Xfire site, but you can't call Xfire in W17 version.

Which was the last version you used where it worked as expected? And how do you call Xfire? Using the run command? From a script or manually? I don't know anything about Xfire but I guess we need more info to be able to help you.
This may, or may not be appropriate, but as I am running the LFS4FREE event this weekend, it's important IMO.

I see that patch X will be out this week, how many demo players is it likely to support?.

Failing X appearing, how many does W17 support?
It won't be out this week, my best guess is around 18th of May.

W17 and X demo mode support 16 connections, 12 cars on track.
Quote from danowat :This may, or may not be appropriate, but as I am running the LFS4FREE event this weekend, it's important IMO.

I see that patch X will be out this week, how many demo players is it likely to support?.

Failing X appearing, how many does W17 support?

scawen said :
Quote from Scawen :
Patch X release should be around Friday 11 May or a week later on Friday 18 May.

so patch x wont be this weekend just more insim updates

Edit: doh too late:slap:
Quote from Scawen :It won't be out this week, my best guess is around 18th of May.

W17 and X demo mode support 16 connections, 12 cars on track.

Ok, many thanks Scawen
WOW the diff is exactly how it should be now, it handles fantastic, good work guys
Two crashes on same host at the same time, first one is mine and second is Shittie's. Nobody else was around at the time.
Attached images
crash.jpg
lfs-error.jpg
Quote from Scawen :

Which was the last version you used where it worked as expected? And how do you call Xfire? Using the run command? From a script or manually? I don't know anything about Xfire but I guess we need more info to be able to help you.

Xfire is a chat program that allows you to chat while playing games (not just LFS, but any other game). Ususally you call it with "Scroll Lock + X" during game. It was working properly in W version. It might be the Xfire that cause that problem and I'm sure they'll fix it with the patch for Xfire if its their fault.

Cheers
Quote from Scawen :Are you sure they managed to finish the race without being disqualified? Although they pit, it's not supposed to qualify as a valid pit stop for the must pit rule. They should still be disqualified at the end of the race unless they pit again. I've just tested it again now and the first thing is : I could not join back into the pitlane until 12 seconds after the race started. Then when leaving my pit box I did a pit stop, and it did not remove my "Pit stop required : yes" in the F12 menu - it did not change to OK. Then I received a time penalty on my final lap. So... I could not reproduce gaining any advantage.

Yes they finished without penalty. I and another tried to do this and it has to said it takes a fair bit of adroitness on the keyboard. Leaving the garage you have to spectate, join, leave garage, drive into pitspace. You've then completed a pitstop. I was pretty fumble fingered and still managed an advantage, albeit not a huge one. I think it's too obvious what's happening for it to catch on. :-)
Ok I did some test about the pit problem.

I did the following: 1 Lap Multiplayer Race with 1 AI. As soon as the green light goes on i press shift+s to go to the pit menu and then I rejoin after the 12 seconds (I really think the Ok button in the put should display the countdown, too). Directly after exiting the pit i mae a short pit stop and continued driving.

The result was, that the AI got a 30 seconds penalty for "compulsatory pit stop too late" (well in 1 lap... ) and at the end a disqualification for not pitting. I however got the 30 seconds penalty for pitting too late and won the race crossing the line as second because i did a stop at the beginning but in the F12 menu there is still the red "yes". (see screenshot)

So my conclusion is:
- Add countdown to OK button in pit
- If you stop at the beginning you only get 30 seconds penalty for pitting too late but no disqualification for not pitting. => disable pitting x seconds after leaving pits
- automatic disable compulsatory pitting if race length is 1 lap (DRAG! )
Attached images
lfs.jpg
I don´t know is this is a bug but well..

I drive with mouse, so I need see mouse pointer in the screen to drive. Since patch W9, I can´t see the mouse pointer and de diference time at the same time. I´ve seen that in W17, too, when appear the last result and I´m driving, the mouse pointer dissapear and I must press N until see Conexion List to can see it again.

In resume, I would like can see the mouse pointer and the Diferrence with the other players at the same time and see too the mouse pointer when the finish positions appear.

I think that isn´t a suggestion beacuse in previous patchs worked it fine..

Thx
scawen I cant get over the diff improvments, they are fantastic, and handle exactly like real life the clutch packs final dont lock up under hard breaking , thats ****ing unreal mate, the drifters will be creaming their pants soon, now all they need is longer lasting tyres and they will never bother you again . I on the otehr hand will continue to bother you till this masterpeice comes together
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :Since patch W9, I can´t see the mouse pointer

Is this your missed mouse pointer??
Another Mouse pointer beside the mouse pointer which is showing if you enable the connection list i cant find in older versions. Please learn me how you enable this always visible mouse pointer. I know only the red one you see in my screenshot, and this one is removable since W9 in Options> Display> Virtual steering gauge, default setting is [virtual steering gauge] = no.
PS: i don´t use any mouse pointer, i watch the wheel in cockpit-view and the pedal-bars down right. I use mouse steering and Mouse-Y for throttle and brake. And this visual Control is enough. The visual feedback of LFS is great, i love it really and it allows me to control the car like a real car without the feeling of the centrifugal forces which u can only have in a real car.
This isn´t my mouse pointer. My mouse pointer is this: ..

In race, push N until conexion list, press F12 and if is necesary, N again.. And you will see Conexion list, the distances with the other driver and the mouse pointer..

**PS. I use the view of the tyres...

**PS2. My controls U=Trothle J=Brake Mouse direction right click for Lighs and Horn in the other
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :In race, push N until conexion list, press F12 and if is necesary, N again.. And you will see Conexion list, the distances with the other driver and the mouse pointer..

Thanks for instructions, but i cant reproduce this. This is the wrong thread, i go in the technical assistance Forums and post this there. PS: My Arrow-Buttons are for Watch out, thats most important, but wanna buy a joystick just for watch out....
Auto-Reset-Bug
Bug detected: If you drive outside the track you get Auto-Reset at some places. You get than replaced in the middle of the track and cause some damage also if Car-reset server side disabled. So i suggest that everybody who drive in a Auto-Reset-Area should be sent directly to spectators.
See also: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23691

Furhermore i suggest that everybody who press this Space-Button will sent directly to spectators also when a player connecting and i suggest the remove of the "Arcade-Option" Car reset within repair the car.
Quote from matze54564 :

....i suggest the remove of the "Arcade-Option" Car reset within repair the car.

+1
And what is "BLANK: OVERFLOW" Message i was getting today on my server?

Lfs hanged and was sitting like this(if this is spam than i'm sorry ) :

I was pressing my f keys - that was the only thing that worked..and everytime somone was trying to get on my server got that message as on screen.
Attached images
lfserror2.JPG
I found a bug when loading up W17; It said
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

and it kept on flooding the screen with it and I lost my unlock and W0.5 got locked too and I did not get that message. only V is unlocked. no more Citydriving for me (for now though) look at the picture; this shows what I mean
Edit: I used pitspotter
Attached images
LFS 2007-05-02 16-36-04-62.jpg
perhaps you shouldn't try running programs which expect the old insim system...
It only happened yesterday. I used pitspotter. It did not happen before on this test patch for me
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG