The online racing simulator
Am getting a wheel by end of this week
(19 posts, started )
Am getting a wheel by the end of the week and hope to get it set up for the weekend.
Which wheel, theres loads xD
Good for you!
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
#6 - Jakg
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
I wouldnt get one of them. I had one and its not to good! Buy a MS Sidewinder off ebay for a fiver, cant go wrong really!
Don't do it...noooo, that's a pile of poo of a wheel,

Your really much better off with a second hand MSFF (usb)if your budget's really that tight.

I've had mine since the day they came out and its as good as the day i bought it (well ,it's a little worn, but it works fine)
Look everyone has there own wheel and i have picked it.
Ok, we just didn't want to see you wasting your money. Looks like you are going to anyway. You cant say we didn't warn you.

No ones being snobby or funny, it's really a totally shit wheel.

There are very few decent wheels worth buying, that's why 99% of sim racers have one of the following...
MSFF
DFP
Momo
G25

What your buying is a toy, a very inaccurate, badly built, wont last long at all toy at that.

Good luck to you though. Shame to waste your cash, when saving up a bit longer for a real wheel would be a much better thing to do.
So what was the point in asking for peoples opinions?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22638

It's your money and if you want to go blow it on that pile of poo then go for it. I've used that wheel on `simulators` and I found it about as fun as using a PS2 game pad.

Why you don't just go for the SideWinder which is far better wheel with FFB and probably cheaper is beyond me...

edit// Please don't tell me your spending £42 on it :| I don't even think a sane person would buy my far better quality Momo compared to that for that...
Quote from The Moose :Ok, we just didn't want to see you wasting your money. Looks like you are going to anyway. You cant say we didn't warn you.

No ones being snobby or funny, it's really a totally shit wheel.

There are very few decent wheels worth buying, that's why 99% of sim racers have one of the following...
MSFF
DFP
Momo
G25

What your buying is a toy, a very inaccurate, badly built, wont last long at all toy at that.

Good luck to you though. Shame to waste your cash, when saving up a bit longer for a real wheel would be a much better thing to do.

where can i find user profiles lfsword i know but who has them wheels you listed and whats there lfsworld names?
Like he said, 99% of the racers has those wheels, so the list would be huge. I have a momo, it rocks!
I have a DFP and with past experience of the slightly higher super budget Logitech wheels I can tell you you're wasting your time with them, not worth more than £15 tops for a non-ff one and TBH if you want to use it a lot it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a wheel that won't fall to bits.
Quote from faster111 : who has them wheels you listed and whats there lfsworld names?

The list would be massive.

Look, you don't have to take my word for it, but i promise you, anyone who is into sim racing uses one of those wheels. Why not start a poll if you don't believe me.
Im only trying to help you make the right decision here.

Check out the wheel guide in Jakg's sig

EDIT .. i made a poll for you..
Poll is located here now.... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=409668#post409668
#18 - Jakg
look, get the £15 Microsoft SideWinder

For £50, get a Momo

For £150 get a G25

Its that simple, heck i'll even sell you my Momo for £42 when my G25 turns up

Im not being serious, i will sell it, but i refuse to take advantage of you
You'd be better off with a joystick

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG