The online racing simulator
Scawen, is InSim likely to change again before X is out?

Several of the mod developers are holding off updates.
We write in the programmers forum part about the insim changes and maybe the time format changes before X (I think he is going to do it) but that should be the last change.
Thats what my knowledge is :-D
also on autocross with the BF1 (surely on the other cars too, but havent tried yet) the speedlimiter can't be activatet (theres no speedlimit on the track, but the car still got the limiter, even if its "programed" to infinite?)
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
That's because the speed limiter is always set to the pit speed limit, which on future tracks (or after updates) might not always be 80km/h. Autocross tracks don't have pits, so there's no speed limit to adhere to.
Quote from GP4Flo :I have just joined a 47 player server and noticed some bugs when trying to join the race:
- My car joined right onto the track (qualy position) with the "Ready"-countdown, although the race was still under the way.

I was in the same server at the same time and me happened the same.

@Developers

Small Map
Thanks for the small map changes smallmapimage The blue one is my car! Thats really nice.
I love it really so how it now is. Maybe in future if developed bigger tracks should the small map only show a part of the track with my car in the center of the radar. But the north should then also always on top like since patch W10. A turning map i don´t like in a full small map and also not in a partially zoom small map.

Connection List Changes
The changes of the small map we have suggested all in a Patch-Release-Thread and now is it made. So i think why are suggestions in patch-test-threads not allowed? I think my suggested connection list changes are a very good add for Patch X.

Thanks for reading
BUG REPORT: textures/track drawing missing

I tried that with various cars and track config and always get the same bug.Doesnt matter matter if its with my car or there are just AI cars.

Pause game,pres ESC,go to pits(when own car used)/go to garage(when AI cars selected only), then press OK(when own car used)/join race(when AI cars used) and you will get missing track textures/track drawing.Also in the left upper corner you will see message "Not recording" .Not sure what should be recored. Its reproducable bug.

Also saw the same message "Not recording" with the previous bug reported with
OOS in replay in W16.

See attached images what bug you will get.

BUG REPORT 2: Race position list missing in 3840x1024(tripple screen?)
Scawen,I am not sure if you noticed that but here is small bug from Technical assistance thread.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23511.

With W17 its only in multiplayer but not in Single player.
The below pictures are for the first bug.
Attached images
Image00002.jpg
Image00001.jpg
well your first bug is caused by hardware/ software problems on your end I think
Don't think so.. I've had an abundance of these black sections too. I thought it was due to lag.. but it never used to be this way.. really annoying staring at a black screen when trying to spectate... and there's nothing wrong with my hardware or software here.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from AndreABG :well your first bug is caused by hardware/ software problems on your end I think

Try exactly the same with W17 on your end and report if you get it or not.""I think" doesnt help here.

For me it doesnt looks like an issue on my PC only because on my girlfriend PC it does the same with totally different hardware config(ATI card).
Quote from DEVIL 007 :go to pits(when own car used)/go to garage(when AI cars selected only), then press OK [...] Also in the left upper corner you will see message "Not recording" .Not sure what should be recored.

Just to make that clear: When you pit in Singleplayer mode, the replay you recorded until then is invalid because you could have changed your setup (which makes it invalid due to the setup being saved with the replay)...
I dont record any replay.
I just start single player game,pres pause,pres ESC and do what I have described in my last post on previous page.You will get then bug with track drawing/textures missing.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Try exactly the same with W17 on your end and report if you get it or not.""I think" doesnt help here.

For me it doesnt looks like an issue on my PC only because on my girlfriend PC it does the same with totally different hardware config(ATI card).

I could reproduce it, too. The important thing is, to pause lfs
iirc its always been like that and should disappear the moment you unpause it and move the car
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I dont record any replay.

Oh yes, you do... Tell me what it says in your misc options then...
EDIT: Oops.. quotes mixed up.. now discussing a different point so my response is null&void
@DEVIL 007: can't reproduce this... I read something on the Notes to the Forceware beta drivers for 8xxx series: with AA turned on, all objects must be rendered each frame or they will disappear - it says some software only renders some Objects new, when they change - so in pause mode the missing things aren't re-rendered and therefor missing maybe. I don't know which cards are effected by this or if its only with the beta drivers or with all, but try to reproduce it with AA turned off
Lfs just crashed (W17):
I started training mode...went fine to the first f08 lesson at westhill and bah.
Check screnshot...addres is there.
Attached images
lfserror.JPG
If i'm not wrong, that happened to another player, search a couple of pages back in this thread.
Yup but his address was different i think..and in different lesson.
i cant get mine to reproduce havent completed all lessons.

it might just be one of those one off things that happen
An exploit came to our notice last night, one that we've not seen before. Although I've noticed that you can 'pit' when leaving the garage when joining midrace.

W17, 'Mustpit' enabled
What they do is pretend to accidently false start, telepit, which nullifys their penalty, leave the garage, drive into a pit space do their pitstop (no damage of course) and carry on. This all takes just a few seconds and the rest of the field have only gone a little way and of course they still have to pit. Keep an eye out for people that false start and telepit immediately.

Hope that makes sense.
Quote from Doorman :What they do is pretend to accidently false start, telepit, which nullifys their penalty, leave the garage.......

Thats True, and i think all players who use telepit should just sent to spectators and if the race not full should they get a 45 sec time penalty.
More about is written in here
Well i started that westhill training again and lfs crashed again..just when i entered box that i was supposed to stop...Than i lunched it again and result was the same...everytime i got different crash addres....
A strange bug appeared just 20min ago: on "OLT Pro Racing" every car except the own lagged resp. car position wasn't refreshed anymore, and the same happened again right after a server restart but chatting, setting new PBs and completing the race was still possible. I remember the same bug appeared before with W17.
Attached files
restart_midrace.mpr - 850 KB - 239 views
Forgot first replay.
Attached files
midrace.mpr - 590.5 KB - 197 views
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG