The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :...blahblah... Just ignore them. If we ignore people like that enough, they'll go away...

That´s what i (and a whole bunch of cool guys) hope for a long time you´ll do sometimes.
Stop insulting
It is really not helpful to say "i don´t like ovals" and the insulting of the oval driving community should just be removed. Oval-racing is a important racing style for LFS, and thats true, and i see absolutely no sense to boycott any racing style in LFS. I believe thats just spamming and should be removed. If somebody suggest "to change the whole setup while pitstop", then can you say something against, but without insulting. Oval-racing is very difficult, you really don´t know what you write in here. And i believe the insulter in here are the biggest damage-causer in oval-servers.
Running with a joke isn't neccisarily a statement of superiority you know.

Anyway, I don't get to really race as often as I would like anymore.
Quote from tristancliffe :Unfortunately some people do think that online mileage shows how much they know about LFS. The high mileage just means they play so much that it's unlikely they really know all that much about LFS. Just ignore them. If we ignore people like that enough, they'll go away...

I think you missed the point completely in harry's comment which was obviously a question. I believe that the point was actually that if you get experiences especially online you'll get the corresponding knowledge in a matter of fact. But still this is just an indicator and nothing to absolutely rely on. Unfortunately some people think that they can step into a conversation without the required knowledge. Now take a guess at which level of quality the conversation drops now? Anyway, please also have a look at another comment in this thread and with these few words ill step out of this conversation.

Cheers
Quote from 510N3D :I think you missed the point completely in harry's comment which was obviously a question. I believe that the point was actually that if you get experiences especially online you'll get the corresponding knowledge in a matter of fact. But still this is just an indicator and nothing to absolutely rely on. Unfortunately some people think that they can step into a conversation without the required knowledge. Now take a guess at which level of quality the conversation drops now? Anyway, please also have a look at another comment in this thread and with these few words ill step out of this conversation.

Cheers

If you wanted to step out of this conversation you would have.

I'll reword my comments so that you understand. You like hotdogs, I hate hotdogs...does that mean I dont know anything about them? Hotdogs, like oval racing, Ive tried and didnt enjoy either.

Tristans comments were justified regarding the comments about my racing stats. My opinion on ovals has nothing to do with my knowledge of LFS. If Im missing something besides the racing, then tell me and I'll tell you to get out of the house more.
Quote from Motordirex :If you wanted to step out of this conversation you would have.

I'll reword my comments so that you understand. You like hotdogs, I hate hotdogs...does that mean I dont know anything about them? Hotdogs, like oval racing, Ive tried and didnt enjoy either.

Tristans comments were justified regarding the comments about my racing stats. My opinion on ovals has nothing to do with my knowledge of LFS. If Im missing something besides the racing, then tell me and I'll tell you to get out of the house more.

Well, my bad, i should have gone more into detail. I was actually talking about every single oval discussion in this forum and some of the people that took part on and this most probably includes you as well since i have no proof that you have got enough knowledge to create a according statement about the oval in LFS which was the actual topic, nothing else. Dont get me wrong, i agree with some of the points you've made. But in general there are lots of similarities but also lots of differences. Depending on each combo - means tracks (ovals for instance) & vehicles just to specify it. Comparisons between each of them can be either tricky, usefull (-less) and comparisons with real life experiences and simulations as well.
Besides, your hotdog example is nonsense since this excludes the complexity of the actually topic completely. Trying and doing or in other words, getting into something with passion is something different and this is where the amount of knowledge is falling apart and actually makes the difference. With all due respect, i dont care about your opinion regarding the oval in LFS anymore. Its a matter of taste so enjoy yourself and let others too.

Now if i missed something, please help me out.
Quote from 510N3D :Well, my bad, i should have gone more into detail. I was actually talking about every single oval discussion in this forum and some of the people that took part on and this most probably includes you as well since i have no proof that you have got enough knowledge to create a according statement about the oval in LFS which was the actual topic, nothing else. Dont get me wrong, i agree with some of the points you've made. But in general there are lots of similarities but also lots of differences. Depending on each combo - means tracks (ovals for instance) & vehicles just to specify it. Comparisons between each of them can be either tricky, usefull (-less) and comparisons with real life experiences and simulations as well.
Besides, your hotdog example is nonsense since this excludes the complexity of the actually topic completely. Trying and doing or in other words, getting into something with passion is something different and this is where the amount of knowledge is falling apart and actually makes the difference. With all due respect, i dont care about your opinion regarding the oval in LFS anymore. Its a matter of taste so enjoy yourself and let others too.

Now if i missed something, please help me out.

Cant believe I read that...theres 10 seconds I'll never get back.

I dont have to prove my knowledge about racing to anyone on here, be it in simulation or real life. Nor have I asked for someone to prove theres to me. And that hotdog has the same complexity as you driving on any oval.
With that less online practice you CANT have a lot of lfs knowledge. Fact.

Quote from Motordirex :You like hotdogs, I hate hotdogs...does that mean I dont know anything about them?

That is not the point. Examples:

I don´t like Formula 1. Would I ever go to a race with a banner named like "F1 fans/racers sucks!" No.

I don´t like sushi. Would I ever go to a chinese restaurant and insult the guests there that they eat that "raw fish shit"? No.

What I want to say: Why do you get into a conversation about things you don´t like. Waste of time, isn´t it? Think about it.
Just say that he doesnt have enough "life skill" to understand it.
If it's as simple as eating a hot dog, go win a few races against the FM crew. Till then, shut your gob, you're making yourself look bad, and more than likely pissing off Iceman.

On second thought, keep shoving your boot in your mouth, and when youre done with yours I'll loan you mine. It would be great to have Mike drivng for me again.
Mike can make his own decisions on if he wants to drive for someone that isnt as interested in ovals as he is...there will be someone else out there that is interested in taking my money to race.

Im also not sure of the age of some of the people who have replied to this thread and my anti-oval comments. LFS is a awesome game, but to say I dont play it enough therefore I dont know LFS, its like your treating it like its a living being with thoughts and feelings. I dont even know what to say to that kind of behavior besides grow up!

I think some of you need to unplug from time to time. I dont know what the weather is like where you live, but its beautiful outside here and today is race day, in real life: bomber cars(oval), IMCA Modifieds(oval) and motorcycles. http://www.saratogaspeedway.bc.ca/

Enjoy your day, gents.
Quote from Motordirex :
-1 billion for ovals...for talentless hacks with A.D.D. If I want to watch a mindless idiot goes in circles, I`ll watch my stupid dog chase his tail.

Quote from Motordirex :And that hotdog has the same complexity as you driving on any oval.

So you mean insulting others for what they are doing is the right to either step into a conversation and also expect a according response to all this nonsense? Very mature

Quote from Motordirex : blah blah...but to say I dont play it enough therefore I dont know LFS...blah

And yes, you said it yourself, you only play at weekends (for a respectable reason) and having your join date in mind, you dont know very much about LFS. It seems to me that you do not understand the principle of proportionality.

/unplugged
Quote from 510N3D :So you mean insulting others for what they are doing is the right to either step into a conversation and also expect a according response to all this nonsense? Very mature

/unplugged

No no...the responses were justified to my comments, but it went a bit far with telling me I dont know LFS because of my lack of track time and questioning my real world racing experience, thats all. You cant knock something unless youve tried it and Ive tried it.
Quote from Motordirex :No no...the responses were justified to my comments, but it went a bit far with telling me I dont know LFS because of my lack of track time and questioning my real world racing experience, thats all. You cant knock something unless youve tried it and Ive tried it.

you still do not understand me then, i was not about to insult you in any way, im using the facts i have which are telling me that you cant have the knowledge to make a proper statement. And once again, just trying (doing a couple of laps or so with i dont know what car and people on the track) and doing it professional is something different.
Quote from 510N3D :you still do not understand me then, i was not about to insult you in any way, im using the facts i have which are telling me that you cant have the knowledge to make a proper statement. And once again, just trying (doing a couple of laps or so with i dont know what car and people on the track) and doing it professional is something different.

I ran ovals with a kart to start then got some seat time in a dwarf car. And your right between me doing a few laps and not liking it compared to pro drivers...you pay me millions, I'll race snails.

And get over the facts thing, seriously! So explain why with my limted track time with LFS that my success rate is close to someone with 10x's the laps, miles, and wins?
%podium finishes = ((won+second+third) / finished) * 100

20+19+20 / 137 * 100 = 43%

compared to my 77% for example if that is what you actually meant.

Close to some extent as far as i can tell, pure average i would say. Says nothing about you or me at all. I'd say "success rate" is a relative value. Besides, i thought i should get over this facts thing?! You're one strange fella, rly Just stick to your curcuit tracks and enjoy yourself alright? Time will tell if you are a good driver or not but in the end that doesn't really matter, more then that if you enjoyed every single race.

cheers
Quote from Motordirex :I ran ovals with a kart to start then got some seat time in a dwarf car. And your right between me doing a few laps and not liking it compared to pro drivers...you pay me millions, I'll race snails.

And get over the facts thing, seriously! So explain why with my limted track time with LFS that my success rate is close to someone with 10x's the laps, miles, and wins?

The facts is what makes 510N3D right and you wrong. The only real thing that you say that compares to what you say is your limited track experience. You have only run on a few different tracks with only a handful of cars.

Then you talk about how good your finishes are to others. Only reason you have as many top-3's as you have is because a lot of your races have been with a field of four cars.

To add on to that you say you dont have much time, you only play on the weekends. Well, I looked up that too and it looks like you have played on weekdays just as much, if not more than you have on weekends.
Quote from 510N3D :%podium finishes = ((won+second+third) / finished) * 100

20+19+20 / 137 * 100 = 43%

compared to my 77% for example if that is what you actually meant.

Close to some extent as far as i can tell, pure average i would say. Says nothing about you or me at all. I'd say "success rate" is a relative value. Besides, i thought i should get over this facts thing?! You're one strange fella, rly Just stick to your curcuit tracks and enjoy yourself alright? Time will tell if you are a good driver or not but in the end that doesn't really matter, more then that if you enjoyed every single race.

cheers

Well, it was brought up so I made the comparison with my own stats and those of KeiichiRX7, who was at 49%.

I dont suck at LFS, but Im not and never have or will say Im the fastest. And yes, I do enjoy the races most of the time...south city with lots of traffic can be frustrating. I wish I had the time to put in to up my STCC , license, but oh well.

Peace.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG