The online racing simulator
LFS lags..
(25 posts, started )
LFS lags..
Hi , whicle race , my lfs lags for 2-3 sec's in every 2min's, fps is then like 15 ,this is very annoying , because I can crash some people etc.

usually my fps is 50 , please help..
#2 - Jakg
somethings running in the background then
I had that problem stright after format
Straight after format? Do you keep LFS on a bootable floppy or what? Seriously, did you install proper graphic/chipset/sound drivers or did just keep those microsoft provided? Are there any new windows services running? Did you upgrade to Windows Vista?
I have windows XP , I installed all drivers , did alla updates for drivers , I dont keep LFS on any kind of CD , I downloaded it again after format.
#6 - Davo
Got the same thing happening on my dads pc, random freezing/stuttering. Might have to look at the processes running and see if that Nero process is active or indexing.
Well , It was before and after format...
Dont think that some nero was working on backround after format..
I need help... Its inpossible to drive
#8 - Gil07
15 fps impossible to drive? I wish I got that much...
Check your temps, particulary CPU temp. Speedfan can help. Do you have any wireless device? What are your machine specs? Are you sure that there is no background process running? Maybe some driver helper/daemon which came with updated version of driver of some device you have installed.
Temps are ok...

AMD Athlon 64 processor
2.01 GHz , 1GB of ram..
Radeon 9550

2 months back my fps was 15 at freezing
now its 3-5
and avarage fps is now 65...

Freezing can hapen in half hour of playing
it can hapen in few mins , and it can freeze every min..
I need really help
Do you have Cool n' Quiet enabled? If you have, uninstall it's driver and disable it in BIOS. It might be a solution.
-
(RudolfR) DELETED by RudolfR
Same problem here - But i don´t use MSN
It´s not often, but every time it happens my Bitdefender Activity Window shows me an activity at data. And i don´t know what to do.

But I can live with it - it´s not often and after one minute i can drive on my limit as i´m used to it.

My System

Asus A7N8x-Del rev2.0
msi 6800Ultra
XP pro SP2 all updates
Bitdefender 9.0
I reinstalled windows many many times, updated drivers ...
closed programs in task manager, still wont help

Please help or what ??
That happens to me with iTunes.(When iTunes changes songs, it mixes the end with the beginning and lags ANY game I'm in) Try shutting off all processes taking up CPU power (except for the essentials of course, like explorer.exe, winlogon.exe, etcetera) and see if that solves your problem. And continually reformatting won't help either.

If you're desperate. Upgrade. Thats all I can say.
Quote from RudolfR :I reinstalled windows many many times, updated drivers ...
closed programs in task manager, still wont help

Please help or what ??

could you shows us report from task manager?
What kind of CPU you have enabled? Do you have powersaving feature enabled in both Windows and BIOS?

If you have anything overcloked put it back to default frequencies.
I even shut down Explorer.exe using task manager then after you have finished playing hit Ctrl - Alt - Delete to bring back task manager and then go File New Process - and enter : Explorer.exe and your desktop will reappear.

Try this as I have never had any diverse effects.
if you shutdown explorer.exe then other application still run in background.
If he could post list of processes he running in the background it could be usefull to start somewhere.
I did all default in BIOS ,
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Ok.

If you have AMD A64 processor then try to disable Cool&quiet function in Bios.

Not run your graphic card overcloked and check if its not overheating.Nice program for background monitoring of tempretures is included in Rivatuner - works for most X1800-X19xx , NVIDIA 6xxx,7xxx,8xxx series of graphic cards.Monitor CPU temps too.Rivatuner can do it as well.You can donwload it at http://www.guru3d.com

Shutdown following aplications in windows/taskmanager as they are not necessary for WindowsXP.You can revert it later back.

Shutdown NOD32 antivirus.It sometimes download automatically updates itself in backgrounds or it check HD in background as well(nod32krn.exe,nod32kui.exe)

Not sure what the following files are but they are not part of windows so shutdown them too before you play LFS:

TMTMTSR.exe,FxSvr2.exe,LVCOMSX.EXE,mDNSResponder.exe,raysat_3dsmax.exe,AdskScRV.exe.

alg.exe is for automatical downloads service of windows so try to shutdown it as well.

Please let us know if it helped or not.Please also run the monitoring program in background as and check after you quit LFS if the temps were not too high during the playing of LFS.
After all that, all I say is get a CPU / RAM Upgrade if no sparks fly
#21 - dave
I get the same problem, I remember I fixed it by doing something to wireless setting but I can't for the life of me remember what I did. Something to do with the wireless router sending out a signal every so often.
i have the same problem with version "W"
i have AMD 3700+ 2 GO RAM DDRram ATI RADEON AX800 XT platinium with windows XP...
i have suttered screen during 1 sec, its impossible to play

thx for your help !!
#23 - Jakg
anything running in the background? Driver problems?
i think i have the solution guys !!

DISABLED FORCE FEEDBACK IN YOUR CONTROLS !!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont have sutter now COOL !!!!!!!

TRY THIS !

BR.
We all know that you can get low FPS because of overheating, but how many here open their computer case every month and either blow out the dust or vacuum? By doing that, my temps usually drop 3-4 Celsius.

LFS lags..
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG