The online racing simulator
Bug or feature?
I play around with /pitlane and /pit_all command and noted this command clear all the info of laps in race making the race "unfinishable" (is correct?). Is not the same as SHIFT-S when you return to 1st lap.
In qualify is ok, the countdown stil running.
On OLT Pro Racing at AS cadet last night the light sequence appeared to be stuck on 4 seconds( after last red comes on, same hold befor green).
Might just be that its not random enough( or the nature of randomness giving the same result many times).

It was predectable over 8 races.
i find that i can still time the lights from first red to green. usually results in an alonso (renault) style launch
Working 100% here
Quote from dadge :i find that i can still time the lights from first red to green. usually results in an alonso (renault) style launch

Yep, I am finding this as well. Testing on the drag strip yesterday the intervals were for all intents and measurable without equipment purposes, indentical.
Dunno if anyone else has this problem but when I press find games in W17 it dosent connect to the server and the game just freezes.
Quote from Scawen : Could start in reverse if changing down at end of last race

sorry, but the bug is still there
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Yep, I am finding this as well. Testing on the drag strip yesterday the intervals were for all intents and measurable without equipment purposes, indentical.

Well, the lights on the drag strip really need to be handled differently, because they SHOULD be measurable and identical all the time. Different classes use different timings, but all drag racing sanctioning bodies use lights that are precisely timed to be exactly the same each time. In drag racing, you're SUPPOSED to try to time the lights.

I think we should have a spinoff thread which addresses the start lights. We need to look at the different race sanctioning groups and how each of them handles start lights. I think that most of them turn on the red lights, leave the reds lit for several seconds, then turn them off for "go", with no green lights being lit at all. Perhaps moving to such a system would make things better?
Quote from Cue-Ball :Well, the lights on the drag strip really need to be handled differently, because they SHOULD be measurable and identical all the time. Different classes use different timings, but all drag racing sanctioning bodies use lights that are precisely timed to be exactly the same each time. In drag racing, you're SUPPOSED to try to time the lights.

I think we should have a spinoff thread which addresses the start lights. We need to look at the different race sanctioning groups and how each of them handles start lights. I think that most of them turn on the red lights, leave the reds lit for several seconds, then turn them off for "go", with no green lights being lit at all. Perhaps moving to such a system would make things better?

+1 Allright but maybe impossible for now ?

I just readed this: "Removed digital speedo option from view options"
Why the hell removing features which can been switched off (for these pro-reallifes users of lfs) ??????????

Anyway, 100% working patch, great job as usualy
Quote from shadow2kx :I just readed this: "Removed digital speedo option from view options"
Why the hell removing features which can been switched off (for these pro-reallifes users of lfs) ??????????

Anyway, 100% working patch, great job as usualy

He didn't remove the option entirely, just removed it from that menu because it's duplicated somewhere else in the menu system. There were several complaints about it in the last patch thread.
ONE REQUEST plz plz plz make the ai faster pro ai should be able to do close to a wr time i fired up oval with 20 odd ia and couldnt make one lap trying to miss all the wrecks and spiners what is so hard about making ai faster make them stay on the gass in the turns i can pass a whole field of ia if they dont take me out mak them faster

i use to play a game some time ago that you could teach ia maybe lfs can come up with something like this were ia learns from you
gotspeed, this is no place to make requests, they are what tend to close these threads down leaving scawen lost with bugs. If you have a suggestion, please put it in this section: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Quote from STRAHD :Dunno if anyone else has this problem but when I press find games in W17 it dosent connect to the server and the game just freezes.

start the game in windowd mode and you will get a firewall request
Quote from Scawen :
All InSim packets have changed, so all InSim programs must be updated.

How and where do I go about updating these?
Quote from mike11973 :How and where do I go about updating these?

Have you programmed a tool that uses InSim? If so, you should look at the programmer subforum. If not, you don't need to do anything.
when we start qualy we don't have speedlimiter(automatic) in the pits! please repair it! thx!
Quote from tikshow :when we start qualy we don't have speedlimiter(automatic) in the pits! please repair it! thx!

Turn it on manually plsthx.
i am not sure if this a bug or intended but i managed to get ai drivers on the autocross pad. they ref up but after the lights get green, they don't move and there is a msg: "Ai driver: no route" for every AI car.

i will now try to reproduce it and post a screenshot.

okay this is the way:

go to single player, select any track except autocross. Add some ai drivers. change track to autocross and start the race.

here is the screenshot:
Attached images
AI_on_autocross.jpg
Quote from dadge :i find that i can still time the lights from first red to green. usually results in an alonso (renault) style launch

I think the only way to force people to *react* to start lights rather than *expect* them is to give anyone with a reaction of less than 0.1s after green a penalty. It's how it's done in real life after all (apart from on the drag strip as Cue-ball explained).

EDIT: I can see the reluctance to add this might be because people would think "I started after green, howcome I got a penalty?"... perhaps the message should then be "Expecting green lights" rather than "False start" combined with a small text in the corner of the screen explaining "Moving less than 0.1s after green means that you expected green rather than reacting to it."
Quote from DeadWolfBones :He didn't remove the option entirely, just removed it from that menu because it's duplicated somewhere else in the menu system. There were several complaints about it in the last patch thread.

Speaking of duplicates.. 'Gear Shift Mode' appears in both the 'Player' and 'Controls' screen

Regards,

Ian
Quote from axus :I think the only way to force people to *react* to start lights rather than *expect* them is to give anyone with a reaction of less than 0.1s after green a penalty. It's how it's done in real life after all.

I think that's a bad idea. If someone is willing to gamble a 30 second penalty for a .1 second advantage, that is their prerogative. However, the time it takes for the start lights to go out needs to be a little more random in order to stack those odds in favor of the house.
Well i dont have an idea if this is just because of W17 but i just noticed a repeatable bug!

whenever ure in the serverlist and join the meeting room, try to close LFS with ALT+F4

it doesnt work, it comes up with: "Uknown Command"

so maybe it gets fixed
hi i got a crash when doing lessons in the test patch W17

heres the crash address: 0x000000000a8f2c20

it was with the LX4 and i was about to do a lap on southcity, as soon as i went to pull into the gates at the end of lap it crashed.

thanks racemania
Quote from Belain :Well i dont have an idea if this is just because of W17 but i just noticed a repeatable bug!

whenever ure in the serverlist and join the meeting room, try to close LFS with ALT+F4

it doesnt work, it comes up with: "Uknown Command"

so maybe it gets fixed

confirmed

It is present in 0.5W and also 0.5W17
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG