The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :...and bring a bottle of a nice single malt to entertain me on the way there, then I'll come.

Would Macallan do?
Just to clarify the incentives - more than £1 might mean £1.01
Quote from jtr99 :Would Macallan do?

Frankly, a bottle of aftershave would do. What time will you be arriving?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Frankly, a bottle of aftershave would do. What time will you be arriving?

Sadly I'm in the process of moving from Leeds to Southampton, otherwise I might actually have taken you up on this, particularly as it sounds like an old bottle of screenwash would qualify as in-car entertainment.
The Tristan Cliff :

Yeah, let's all start buttkissing our 2nd greatest spammer

j/k
First off, dont diss the CC, that poop helped me learn to drive!

Would be quite a cool thing to come down and watch, but TBH, to far for me and my light weight wallet.

Good luck though and hopefully it's a nice day, not for the racing but because free field parking and rain usually gives the JCB a hard days work.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Frankly, a bottle of aftershave would do. What time will you be arriving?

by how much would that improve your breath ?
Yeah, I think a nice dry race (but not too hot) would be best. I've played with the car in the damp last year and it's not the ideal way to be heading down to T1 for the first time in a single seater... However, I would like a wet race later in the year, ideally at a slow track
I won't know where I'll be until sign-on just before 8:00 am.
What nuber is your car? I will try to make myself known to you, maybe wave a blue flag at you
Number 41

At the moment our qual/practice session is scheduled for 1025 - 1045, and our race is the last one on the list at 1745 for 15 laps. However, poor turn out might mean our race is amalgamated with the other Mono runners, so we could be racing at 1425 (i.e. 3 hours earlier).

Feel free to find me during lunch or something, unless I'm in solitary confinement crapping myself
Now if you could attach a camera to your car so we could see the wreck in T1 when you miss a pedal and your wheel stabs you. :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Number 41

At the moment our qual/practice session is scheduled for 1025 - 1045, and our race is the last one on the list at 1745 for 15 laps. However, poor turn out might mean our race is amalgamated with the other Mono runners, so we could be racing at 1425 (i.e. 3 hours earlier).

Feel free to find me during lunch or something, unless I'm in solitary confinement crapping myself

I will come cheer you on Tristan =) Anyone need a lift from the Oxford area? My car's here now =)
Yeah I could use a ride Chris.
Quote from Blackout :Now if you could attach a camera to your car so we could see the wreck in T1 when you miss a pedal and your wheels stabs you. :P

I was meant to have a [supposedly] DVD quality camera on the car this year. But Andrew, my brother, hasn't 'got round' to buying it yet, or selling the pistons/conrods that were meant to pay for it. So I've bought a temporary one, which is the 'new' version of the thing I used last year at Brands. It's an ATC2000, and records at 640x480@30fps onto an SD Card. I don't claim that it'll be amazing, but it's better than nothing. And I'll remember to tape up the microphone hole to reduce wind noise clipping too.

So, with any luck, I should record watchable footage of race and qually. But, technically, I can't share it with you for copyright reasons apparently, but I'm sure I can put it on my website for my own personal viewing, and I'm sure the URL might get leaked (or even posted), probably on the same day I upload it... tssk, those pesky web link leakers, they get everywhere!
Quote from Viper93 :I will come cheer you on Tristan =) Anyone need a lift from the Oxford area? My car's here now =)

Via York? You've got a fast car, right? Shouldn't be too much of an issue for you then.

Tristan: Is this an actual proper race then, against other strange enthusiasts who've decided to buy '80s F3 cars?
Quote from tristancliffe : tssk, those pesky web link leakers, they get everywhere!

Yeah, those bastards. I hope you can get some nice footage for your own use
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Yeah I could use a ride Chris.

Haha =) You wish =) I had to force myself to close firefox today after I had a set of SS brake lines and Hawk HP+ pads to go around. I also had a set of Energysuspension bushings in there to get rid of the wheel hop under hard braking. It was so hard to close the window =)

Quote from thisnameistaken :Via York? You've got a fast car, right? Shouldn't be too much of an issue for you then.

I could do but the fuel goes rather quickly when WOTing =) If you got a train to oxford I could come pick you up. The car is fast enough (0-60 in 5.3 from Motortrend I believe, not bad for a car that cost me less than 15kGBP)

Will be fun to see a LFSer out there running in RL =) Should be a fun day, cmon you know you all want to come =)
Quote from Shotglass :will sound awefully familiar to bob or ben or whatever he calls himself these days

If you can't decide, stick with Beb. Anyway, Niko turn up? Lol, I fell for it once...
I'd so love to come to this and poke fun, but the cost to get from here to there is a tad much when I'm a student.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'd so love to come to this and poke fun, but the cost to get from here to there is a tad much when I'm a student.

Untill that cost part, I thought you were talking about this thread
If you see someone who looks like this at Castle Combe, it's probably me. It's possible I might be asleep because I'm at the BTCC meeting at Thruxton the day before
Attached images
Rock Marshal1.jpg
Jeez 3hrs 15mins there and back

I wish you all the best luck Tris, and do well. Hopefully this will be your first on many, and you will attend a little closer next time. Keep me informed, as Megan is dying to get in the car again

Best Wishes

Fordie

PS - 13/14 of October = Snetty You better be doing this one, considering its your home Circuit. VIP Passes
Quote from thisnameistaken :Tristan: Is this an actual proper race then, against other strange enthusiasts who've decided to buy '80s F3 cars?

Yes, an actual proper championship race against other strange enthusiasts who've decided to buy older 2.0l single seaters (mainly F3 cars from 6 years or more ago).

Quote from Viper93 :Will be fun to see a LFSer out there running in RL =) Should be a fun day, cmon you know you all want to come =)

It'll be fun to see real LFSers out there talking to me and watching me attempt it for real.

Quote from Fordman :Jeez 3hrs 15mins there and back

I wish you all the best luck Tris, and do well. Hopefully this will be your first on many, and you will attend a little closer next time. Keep me informed, as Megan is dying to get in the car again

Best Wishes

Fordie

PS - 13/14 of October = Snetty You better be doing this one, considering its your home Circuit. VIP Passes

Understandable. Megan can have a play in the car next time we're at Snet! And of course I'll be there (assuming I don't break the car!), and I'm sure I can wangle a few tickets in your general direction. And Dan too!
Quote from tristancliffe : and I'm sure I can wangle a few tickets in your general direction. And Dan too!

Hell yeah, don't forget about me
So, it's now the weekend (in so much as I'm home from work now), and I was wondering who is coming then?

I should be arriving in the Paddock some time Sunday afternoon/early evening, and will be at the circuit until at least 7pm on Monday. The Monoposto paddock area is the section of the paddock nearest the track entrance and furthest from the track itself. We have a large (American!) motorhome, under the awning of which should be the Reynard. There might also be a Land Cruiser and covered trailer nearby, although we might have to park that elsewhere (which is annoying).

Any and everyone is welcome, and I look forward to seeing a few of you there!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG