The online racing simulator
Quote from Fischfix :i think one of the best improvements which helps with frame rate is to reduce the quality of the mirrors.

Quote from AndroidXP :Resolution seemed to not affect fps at all, so I guess it's LOD you're talking about?

I have both U30 and W17 installed on the same HDD of the same computer. I've spent time to be sure both versions are using the same settings (also applied Scawen's LOD magical math formula).
Now in single player mode, AS National, on the starting grid W17 had about 10 FPS less than U30 but has about 15-20 FPS more on the back straight. Vsync is OFF in both LFS and the video drivers, no FPS limit applied in LFS.
So is it about LOD or hi res mirrors ? In all cases disabling all mirrors gives in a huge FPS boost, of course.
Maybe, for testing purposes, put back on the option to disable hi res mirrors ?

Quote from Tweaker :The cars aren't always the reason for FPS drops though, I blame it on the tracks for being pretty detailed... The tracks cause a lot of FPS drops. Heck, even on my slow system, the last chicane on Aston National is really undriveable with the lowest possible graphics settings and no other cars present.

Many players have complained about that since patch V. For a while we thought that the anti cheat tyres barrier we have added was the culprit one but removing it didn't help.

Quote from Ian.H :The other thing as mentioned, WTF does LFS act like a women with connections and only be able to do one thing at a time? Why can't someone connect and someone pit?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16019
I still believe that, with the current netcode, priority should be given to race events and not to players connecting or leaving.
Especially when the countdown for a new race has started it should never be stopped by a player connecting to the server, it sometimes takes ages to get enough votes to start a new race on populated servers.
Rant follows, those with thight schedules feel free to skip post.

Quote from gwendoline :Insim packets changed again :
What is your real quest dear devs ?
You wanna ruin regularly all mods helping organisers to manage leagues in progress ?
Why you are not able to keep compatibility between each new change ?

Quote from readme.txt :Important :
-----------
This is Live for Speed S2 ALPHA.

ALPHA means : LFS S2 is still in the testing and development stage.

And from what I've read the Programmer Forum they all know it and many even welcomed the changes. If you have beef with how LFS is developed come back in $YEAR_LFS_IS_FINISHED and has been stamped as "final", then you have legitimate reason to whine&gripe if major functionality changes is brought with new patches.
Quote from axus :Nice patch, thanks.

I have to agree with this...
I was just on a server, with 22 cars or so. With 5 on screen, my PC really struggled. I got in the order of 25-35 FPS. This is a 3.0GHz P4 64bit, 512MB RAM, 6600GT 128MB graphics card. Without AA and AF, at my LCD's native res (1280x1024), with LODs set to about mid way between the minimum and the maximum, compressed skins and even half size textures. I'm starting to think there's something wrong, but I've got the latest drivers, my graphics card can't be underpowered (500W PSU) and nothing apart from MSN was running in the background.

I think your problem is somewhere else. I have just a Notebook with a 64MB Ram graphic card and the CPU is a 1.6 MHz. It's true that during the start the FPS goes down to 20-30 but this was the same with 20 cars. Then I have no problems during the start with those 20-30 FPS. During the race it goes up to 60-80 FPS.

Great patch and awesome for the leagues with long tracks
Quote from ACCAkut :Carrera Cup and similar Clubman Cups have that many cars on the grid

BTCC has 30.

Le Mans has around 55.
@ Krane
I love devs'work since long time and all others changes and new inside last patch but i'm sorry but i'm human and each big change on insim system boring me a bit more each time and discourage me to attempt to made attractives events to gathered community around this game.
i think it possible to keep some compatibility.
Quote from gwendoline :hmm sry to this but is W17 compatible with W10 hosts ? i need know before update

no! make a copy of your lfs folder
This random green light doesn't seem to be working or at least not for all tracks. Tried KY1, FE6R and AS1.

You can start with your eyes closed. count 21-22-23-24 and off you go. We did many restarts but every start was exactly the same.
Thx Tikshow
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
when this patch becomes official ,will i still have yo to download W9
thanks
Insim do turn sacred by respect to gentil leagues organizers :bowdown:
Insim changes do turn more spaced please....dont touch pleaaaaaase or only in real necessary.
Remember devs leagues in progress build and increase this community....less leagues=less LFSfans
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :when this patch becomes official ,will i still have yo to download W9
thanks

No, test patches are cumulative. The official patch will contain all fixes and features from the test patches.
Thanks
Quote from Lotesdelere :I still believe that, with the current netcode, priority should be given to race events and not to players connecting or leaving.
Especially when the countdown for a new race has started it should never be stopped by a player connecting to the server, it sometimes takes ages to get enough votes to start a new race on populated servers.

yes but it shouldnt reset the timer/vote _period_
it should not stop players from connecting during the vote that would be a bad and crude workaround
Quote from gwendoline :Insim do turn sacred by respect to gentil leagues organizers :bowdown:
Insim changes do turn more spaced please....dont touch pleaaaaaase or only in real necessary.
Remember devs leagues in progress build and increase this community....less leagues=less LFSfans

InSim was changed specifically to support programming for leagues and new InSim tools. The programmer forum is littered with requests for InSim changes, so Scawen listened to the requests and made the changes.

If YOU don't want to have to rewrite your tool, I can understand that. But virtually everyone else wanted these changes because they can now make their tools better and more efficient (and no more relays required!).
OK OK guys, sorry to my exceed attitude, i'm just angry...my programer was just finished lapper modifications to W9 and W10 compaatibility and now he do rmake the same. All his work is good to the trash before first use....plz understand my deseperation, he have a real life too and not enuf time to change this each days.
Sorry, but it's really your own fault if you let your programmer write compatibility updates for a quickly developing TEST patch.
We'll preparing new lapper for futures leagues...we mind this insim system turn "official" soon no ?
It will be official once patch X is released. Granted, I don't think it will dramatically change from now till then, but please don't come crying back if it does.
i am feeling it... the X is coming!
Im lost, i ve installed latest patch W17 and i only have 5 servers.
After that i ve installed W9 and its worst, i have 1 server.....

Wich one do i have to install to get all servers back?
Quote from lake10 :Im lost, i ve installed latest patch W17 and i only have 5 servers.

Roll back to patch W lake
Thats what i did Thanks dude
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
-
(Davo) DELETED by Davo
dear god did you read any of the text in the first post?
this is a TEST patch its not meant to be compatible to the latest version
install patch W over it again to get all servers and wait for patch X
Quote from lake10 :Im lost, i ve installed latest patch W17 and i only have 5 servers.

you have to use the version the most servers are using
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : problem solved
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG