Fortnightly Races
1 Hour Races
30 Minute Races
Over 1 Hour Races
Yes I will Definately Sign Up
Monthly Races
Regular One Off Events
No I won't Sign Up
Quote from K.David :What time would the qualification/race start? Is there a compulsory numberplate/decal to put on skins in order to participate? Are there any restrictions concerning nicknames ingame?
I'm considering joining in an FO8 if there's still room.

Please refer to the rest of this thread for the answers to your questions. There will be a vote for day/time, rules and procedures to follow. No nickname restrictions.
People have asked if there will be teams. If you wish to form a team of two cars than that is encouraged. If you want an A and B team then that's fine too. I will add a Team Rank to total up points scored by each team.
Just read the entry list worked perfectly 28 Drivers with perfect 50/50 split between FO8 and Fox at 14 cars in each group

Suprised you chose the Fox yourself Gentlefoot.
Quote from CELTIC100 :Just read the entry list worked perfectly 28 Drivers with perfect 50/50 split between FO8 and Fox at 14 cars in each group

Suprised you chose the Fox yourself Gentlefoot.

Competition in the FO8 class is a lot tougher. People like Storm_cloud, AndyGer and quite probably papafant and Grandhuber may enter. In addition I will only enter if I can't get a full grid for an event.
Looks like some tough competition in the FO8 class and some of the Fox runners I recognise from the STCC servers, I think were all thinking alike as this is an ideal grounding for the New STCC Licence servers can't wait to get started

I was racing with Papafant the other eve on the Z30 server in the MRT around SO City Classic he was running some very low 50's and dipped into the 49's once in a while very impressive, also got my PB down to 50.75 that eve after less than 180 laps for that combo.

I know Aston from conedodgers and redline but the KY curcuits I have very little experience bordering on none so it's back to practice and hope to see you all on track tonight
Quote from Gentlefoot :forget it lol being an idiot

Eh..ok. You can be relieved I didnt read the original post.
Am i welcome? ..

If I am, put me into the FOX class ^^
Yeah, sign me up, I don't care the car FO8 is preferred over the FOX, but really, I don't mind.
OK I’ve been having some more ideas about how I will be running this league. I will add an LFS section to my website www.gentlefoot.com. This part of the website will have all sorts of LFS stuff in it. In particular, the indepth multimedia track guides will be available. These include textual descriptions, telemetry data, drive bys with voice overs and stills of turn in and apex points. I’m part way through the first of these and I will create guides for the tracks that we’ll be competing at in the Gentlefoot Championship. They are track and car specific and will initially only be available for the FO8. The setups used for the track guide analysis will also be available.

Also there will be a Gentlefoot Championship forum for pre and post race discussion and judicial decisions. I will also create a rules section. This will again be multimedia and will describe what is and isn’t acceptable in this competition. We have to be aware that there will be two classes on track. When an FO8 laps a FOX they must keep in mind the fact that even though the FOX is a lap down it could be the lead FOX or even the FOX championship leader and must be treated with respect.

Grievance procedure will be defined here too. I as Race Director will make decisions regarding penalties for inappropriate driving. You will be able to appeal my decisions and my father (who is a magistrate and has competed in karting) will be familier with the rules and apply them as he sees fit in the event of an appeal. I myself will only take part in races where I cannot fill a grid so it shouldn’t be too often that there is a conflict of interests here.

The rules that I will define will form the ‘statute’ if you like for the Gentlefoot Championship. All decisions will be recorded over time and this will build into ‘case law’ and these decisions must be followed when making later judgments. Where decisions are overturned by appeal, the appeal decisions will be followed. Case law will be reffered to when the ‘material facts’ of an incident are the same. This should ensure consistency in decisions but also allow some flexibilty by way of appeal.

The site will also include race results and championship standings.
Man GF you are eally making this run like a RL championship. I LOVE IT!!!
Quote from Dr Dink :Man GF you are eally making this run like a RL championship. I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks mate. Although I really hope we can keep the judicial side to a minimum. I want this to be a gentleman race series where there are very few arguments for me to have to sort out.
Cool ! Would love to see the site working..
and still waiting for detail like tracks and time
Quote from keithano :Cool ! Would love to see the site working..
and still waiting for detail like tracks and time

It's gonna take me some time to develop all that content hence the planned start date some time in June.

As for days and times, as mentioned previosly, everyone on the provisional entry list will be able to vote on this.
This sounds like a great idea, whether it is a mixed grid or not. I would love to take part in a series like this in either a Fox of an F08.
Quote from Ian Maslen :This sounds like a great idea, whether it is a mixed grid or not. I would love to take part in a series like this in either a Fox of an F08.

What's your car preference dude?
next OFFICIAL patch should be out by the time this gets going so that means we could have 32 grid slots Man that will be crazy
Quote from Dr Dink :next OFFICIAL patch should be out by the time this gets going so that means we could have 32 grid slots Man that will be crazy

Yep - that's my intention.
You're putting so much effort into this GF - I really hope it comes off for you. I will support this as much as I can.

I hope everyone can recognise all the work you are putting in and will repay this commitment by turning up for as many races as they possibly can.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I hope everyone can recognise all the work you are putting in and will repay this commitment by turning up for as many races as they possibly can.

I'll do

I really look forward to the trial event, I think it will be important to see "in practice" how it will work out with the rules and the different types of cars on the track.
Actually I hope that there will be occasions to have mixed FOX/FO8 practice on Gentlefoot's server even before the official trial event
Quote from Dr Dink :next OFFICIAL patch should be out by the time this gets going so that means we could have 32 grid slots Man that will be crazy

Imagine T1 :bump: and pitstops could get a little crazy for shorter races in particular

Wonder if the devs have considered rolling starts.

Looking good so far Gentlefoot
Quote from Starblue :I'll do

I really look forward to the trial event, I think it will be important to see "in practice" how it will work out with the rules and the different types of cars on the track.
Actually I hope that there will be occasions to have mixed FOX/FO8 practice on Gentlefoot's server even before the official trial event

Well the server is always up and running. Currently set for FOX and FO8 at KY GP Long which has proved a popular combo.
Quote from Gentlefoot : Although I really hope we can keep the judicial side to a minimum. I want this to be a gentleman race series where there are very few arguments for me to have to sort out.

This is sounding better by the post

It appears to be far more like what im used too at the GPC nKPro championship where a very professional approach has been taken, which resulted in,as you called it, a gentelmans race series.
Of course there are always a few incidents that the stewards have too look into, but in 3 seasons only one incident made it to the Court of Appeal (of which I'm a member), which goes to show that if you run a league in a certain style you end up with a certain style of racer participating.

Best of luck with this GF, it looks like it's going to be a great league I cant wait for it to begin
Quote from CELTIC100 :Imagine T1 :bump: and pitstops could get a little crazy for shorter races in particular

There really is no reason for T1 incidents to happen with any size of grid, as long as people take extra care and have a bit of self control.
A hefty punishment for causing a blatantly stupid T1 accident should help to keep people in check imo.
Any FO8 slots left?

FO8 Racing League
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG