The online racing simulator
"Forces" view in tire temp mode
I'd really like to see an indication of tire grip as in the forces view while in tire temp view. It would be nice to have a line or bar that changes colors indicating grip on top or next to the tire temp indicators. It's ok to go into "arcade view" then forces view but I think it would be great to have an 'in car" indication of grip as well.
That is a silly suggestion. What do you mean by grip? What is the unit of grip?
Perhaps the vector sum of the lateral and longitudinal tire forces in Newtons? Granted, they are highly dependent upon tire load.
Quote from wheel4hummer :That is a silly suggestion. What do you mean by grip? What is the unit of grip?

The "unit of grip" would be the same as in the forces view, but just a small bar (or cross if you wanted linear and lateral representation of "grip") that changes color. Blue=max grip changing to green as the limit of adhesion is approached and red when traction is broken..Just like the forces "press the f key on your keyboard" screen. All I'm proposing is an add on to the "F9" tire view, like the dirt indicator..
-1 from me.

I'd also like to see the tyre temp and damage overlays taken out, or at least only viewable in replays. All timing and position info to go on a cockpit-mounted LCD or a pit board, and the mini-map and other arcadey contrivances disappear completely.
Well, I think it is more than just lateral and longitudinal grip. You get better grip when your wheels are not locked, how do you display this? RACER's pacejka system has like 20 different values. I think grip is too complicated to display.
Quote from wheel4hummer : ...how do you display this? ...

The coding and display is already in game. Just press the f key and you'll see... It shouldn't be too difficult to make "icons" next to/on top/inside of the "F9" tire symbols that change color depending on loading, just like the force lines that stretch out from the tires in different directions while driving in "forces" or "f key" view. Red=the tire is sliding. It shouldn't matter whether or not the direction that the tire is sliding or loaded is displayed, only that it is or is about to start sliding..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG