The online racing simulator
Quote from Blackout :Yeah, shame on them! I always use the degrees the car is meant to have in LFS. It can be a pain to change the settings all the time, but it's much more fun too

Why do you have to change any settings?

If you just leave it set at 720, it will have a 1:1 wheel:virtual wheel ratio in every car; just without the soft "stop" at the correct location - which doesn't work half the time anyway! I find it awfully convenient that LFS works this way.

Anyway, 105% ctrl panel, 95% LFS. (G25)
#27 - Davo
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Why do you have to change any settings?

If you just leave it set at 720, it will have a 1:1 wheel:virtual wheel ratio in every car; just without the soft "stop" at the correct location - which doesn't work half the time anyway! I find it awfully convenient that LFS works this way.

Anyway, 105% ctrl panel, 95% LFS. (G25)

The GTRs have 540 rotation and the open whelers around 400, so 720 isn't 1:1 on those cars.
That's what I thought at first, too. From another thread:

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I realize that, but the wheel turn still matches the car 1:1, it's just that the physical wheel will still turn further after the virtual one stops. Without changing anything in windows, this is the simplest way to have 1:1 steering in LFS - leave windows at 720, and leave LFS at 720. Then your virtual wheel will always match the physical one, save for the fact that you can turn the physical one futher in cars with less than 720. If you change the wheel turn in LFS but not windows, you no longer have 1:1 steering.

I guess I wasn't too specific about what I meant, sorry about that.

Quote from Davo :The GTRs have 540 rotation and the open whelers around 400, so 720 isn't 1:1 on those cars.

If you put the wheel turn compensation to the full value the virtual wheel matches the real one 1:1 definitely.

But I change the setting in profiler because I want the "soft stop"

Although, most of the time it's useless because you hardly go to full lock in any car.
101% On profiler
Around 150% - 200% in LFS.
720 degrees (sometimes 900)

Seems alot of people use quite little force for the G25. I like strong force, give me more control.

I use 0 Wheel turn Compensation, is that something I should be using?
#31 - Davo
Quote from Blackout :If you put the wheel turn compensation to the full value the virtual wheel matches the real one 1:1 definitely.

But I change the setting in profiler because I want the "soft spot"

Although, most of the time it's useless because you hardly go to full lock in any car.

Now I see, the wheel turn compensation set to 1 makes the virtual wheel lock quicker, quite nice feaure But yes the soft stops are great, not used too much only on some tracks.

Quote from mcintyrej :101% On profiler
Around 150% - 200% in LFS.
720 degrees (sometimes 900)

Seems alot of people use quite little force for the G25. I like strong force, give me more control.

I use 0 Wheel turn Compensation, is that something I should be using?

If you want the correct wheel turn for cars that use less than 720 degrees then yes wheel turn compensation should be at 1.
That's just been explained to me
Why are everyone using weird values such as 101% and 103% in CP? Wouldn't it be more convenient/logical to keep it at 100% and add another 1-3% in LFS?
I'm using 100% in the Profiler and 100% in LFS with the DFP, with degrees set to match the car I'm driving (540° for GTRs, 450° for Formulas etc.).

Always thought that these settings give you FF in LFS the way it's supposed to be.
Something to do with tiny forces being noticeable, giving more fidelity to the feedback. Not totally sure if it does anything TBH.
#35 - Iron
Quote from felplacerad :Why are everyone using weird values such as 101% and 103% in CP? Wouldn't it be more convenient/logical to keep it at 100% and add another 1-3% in LFS?

It slightly lessens the deadzone that you can experience around the center position of the steering wheel. It has to do about the linearity, the way the wingman driver scales the forces or something. There was a thread about it somewhere, but i can't find it...
The Logitech drivers have a certain non-linearity built into them, which means the forces around the center of the wheel are artificially reduced to prevent oscillation. If you set the force in the drivers to something > 100%, this non-linearity is removed or at least reduced, making finer details stand out more, respectively making the forces more like LFS actually tells the wheel. However, don't overdo it with the force slider, as the curve will start getting non-linear again if you set it too high, but instead in the opposite direction, exaggerating small forces at the center of the wheel.

Another thing to keep in mind is, that CP: 80%, LFS: 100% is not the same as CP: 100%, LFS: 80%. The former will produce much softer and dampened forces than the latter, which is probably also related to the linearity.
DFP with 101% / 0 / 0 / 0 @ 900 in profiler

~50% in lfs

also "softer" FF mode (select - R3 - left paddle)

:eclipsee_

shame on you low-rotation-cheat-users
Quote from felplacerad :Why are everyone using weird values such as 101% and 103% in CP? Wouldn't it be more convenient/logical to keep it at 100% and add another 1-3% in LFS?

Dunno, maybe those 101 and 103 values are related to some old bugs that are already fixed (?) but people are still used to set those settings... like the "check centering spring box but set it at 0%" thing. It shouldn't matter anymore is it checked (and set 0%) or not checked at all.

Btw, that Wingman site has only the old 4.60 version. G25 (needs?) 5.00 and as far as I know 5.00 also works perfectly with other wheels too?

Downloads on Logitech site...
4.60: http://www.logitech.com/index. ... ,CRID=1788,contentid=6203
5.00: http://www.logitech.com/index. ... CRID=1788,contentid=12192

Dunno why they are still offering 4.60 version for MOMO, if 5.00 is universal driver?
Quote from deggis :

Btw, that Wingman site has only the old 4.60 version. G25 (needs?) 5.00 and as far as I know 5.00 also works perfectly with other wheels too?

yes, 5.00 works with DFP
Not Sure: 900 degrees is awfully useless in LFS, seeing the highest rotation that any car has is 720 degrees.
Personally I use 540°, as a compromise between precision, realism and not waking the house up in SHTF situations.
#42 - DeKo
101% in profiler, everything else at 0 with centering thing turned on but at 0 aswell. 100% in LFS, with 1:1 on the steering wheels. gives my monitor and table a bit of a shake every now and again, but its incredible fun, especially in something like the XRT.
I changed my wheel settings to 100/0/0/0/540 in the CP and to 20 % in LFS and I have to admit that I seem to have more car control because of more feedback. But I have to use the soft FF (Select-R3-L1). So I learned something and this thread wasn´t useless!
Quote from NikLaw :I changed my wheel settings to 100/0/0/0/540 in the CP and to 20 % in LFS and I have to admit that I seem to have more car control because of more feedback. But I have to use the soft FF (Select-R3-L1). So I learned something and this thread wasn´t useless!

Why do you have these other sliders set to 0/0/0/? I've always had mine set to 100% but I don't really know what they do.
Set it up like this. All the other settings should be turned to 0%, because they are Logitech effects which have nothing to do with what LFS calculates. On the contrary, they interfere with LFS' calculations, severely changing the feel from the way it was intended.
Quote from AndroidXP :Set it up like this. All the other settings should be turned to 0%, because they are Logitech effects which have nothing to do with what LFS calculates. On the contrary, they interfere with LFS' calculations, severely changing the feel from the way it was intended.

Very helpful reply! Thanks!
Has it ever been proven that that is the case? Through many a discussion when I was still racing no one ever proved that those settings added anything to the ffb that shouldn't already be there and when I gave them a shot on my momo they felt terrible.
My CP settings: 65/65/65/65 and 50% in LFS....

I just tried 100/0/0/0 like most of you are using, and its WAY too... loose and well, "springy into countersteer" for me...

Also, i always have my wheel set on 270*, what would be the advantage to increasing that to 540?
Quote from theycallmeebryan :My CP settings: 65/65/65/65 and 50% in LFS....

I just tried 100/0/0/0 like most of you are using, and its WAY too... loose and well, "springy into countersteer" for me...

Also, i always have my wheel set on 270*, what would be the advantage to increasing that to 540?

Well, you're then experiencing a mix between true LFS and faked Logitech forces. Each to his own, I guess.

Regarding "benefit" of using more than 270°... there is none, apart from being more realistic. The less degrees you use the faster you can counter steer, making catching slides or drifting in general much much easier than it is supposed to be.
what he ^^^ said. and more ° = more precision (me finx) 540° is also good with a default RBR install.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG