Closed since :
Maybe, I dont like nascar though
Yes , I would do it
No, thats a bad idea
Im still thinking about it
Need an opinion on a league...
Please Vote... details are on the poll
get someone to set up a skinpack of all the cars and count me in
well i was thinking about just fxr... or should i do all gtr?
nascar its a horrible race. doing laps in a oval track....
LFS need more tracks with personality. Tracks where the driver need to fight with the car. Nurburgring its a great example.
No more airport tracks
Quote from Dyllaann :well i was thinking about just fxr... or should i do all gtr?

1 car only, im just wondering what that one car should be..
i'd love the FXR because of its shape, but its AWD but.. what the hell, i say FXR only

@Ts.. you get about 30 people running the same car on an oval.. its not going to be a safe place lol

just wait until we get a shorter oval, then it'd be even more fun
cause right now we have a superspeedway and that.. isn't to much fun
Not too many Americans play this game from what I gather.. I doubt there would be enough interest..

I'd love to see nurburgring, and my local track, lime rock..
#7 - Nine
I like the idea, different kind of racing, and I like XCNuse's idea with a skinpack, let me know when this is going down!
I like the idea to.
Quote from Macels :Not too many Americans play this game from what I gather.. I doubt there would be enough interest..

I'd love to see nurburgring, and my local track, lime rock..

Hmmm....the United States is only the 3rd largest licensed group of LFS drivers in the world: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=racer_search&whichTab=stats

Get S2, and you'll find many North American drivers online in the evenings over here.
There is a NASCAR type league, but it is run out of Europe so there may be time zone problems. And it uses the XRR, not the FXR.
Quote from banshee56 :Hmmm....the United States is only the 3rd largest licensed group of LFS drivers in the world: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=racer_search&whichTab=stats

Get S2, and you'll find many North American drivers online in the evenings over here.

3rd largest is still only 13% of the total LFS population.. Nascar is very popular here in the states, but still, not every American LFSer likes Nascar .. You'd be catering to a very small % of the overall fanbase.

If someone were to build a nurburgring track it'd be immensely more popular.
Its not only Americans that like NASCAR
Quote from (-Mark-) :Its not only Americans that like NASCAR

Wrong. I like NASCAR, or I would if it raced at more shorter tracks.
Quote from duke_toaster :Wrong. I like NASCAR, or I would if it raced at more shorter tracks.

Try reading that again.
Quote from XenoWolf :Try reading that again.

Yes, foot in mouthism of the day

One issue with a NASCAR-style league is the tracks. I guess it would have to be

Kyoto Oval
Fern Bay Club
Blackwood carpark oval (two half-points races)
Kyoto Oval
Another road course (I suggest Westhill)
Autocross oval (two half-points races)
Kyoto Oval
Aston Cadet
Quote from XCNuse :just wait until we get a shorter oval, then it'd be even more fun
cause right now we have a superspeedway and that.. isn't to much fun

a longer / faster oval could be more fun too cuz of very high speeds.
actually would be a reason for me to drive more oval as i find the current one too short.
alright... atm im having hosting problems so ... if someone would volunteer to host ill run it
I'll be in if i can learn to drive the fxr in time
Why not all the three GTR's?

FZR for Ford
FXR for Chevrolet
XRR for Pontiac

and it should have the original season skins for each team.

I don't have many experience in oval tracks, but I would be up for it.

Get it going!!!
I think it would be a bit dull running hte FXR for 20+ laps.

and about the car classes:

FZR - Chevrolet - Impala SS
XRR - Ford - Fusion
FXR - Dodge - Avenger or Charger
if we had
RBR (RB4 GTR) Toyota - Camry
the reason i said no about using different cars is because each car in hte nascar league has near exactly equal properties, and the 3 GTRs ... dont have the same properties at all, which would make it biased really
Quote from Ts-020 :nascar its a horrible race. doing laps in a oval track....
LFS need more tracks with personality. Tracks where the driver need to fight with the car. Nurburgring its a great example.
No more airport tracks

lol and you are online at that server
Good idea. There are more than just a few Americans who like NASCAR. But the problem would be the tracks.

The challenge in an oval race with the same car lies on your strategy and setup. You would not be very competitive using your WR set because it is designed for only one lap. But a 100 lap on an oval requires a long distance set and one that allows you to pass others at high/low speed.

Then we have the yellows. We would need a pace car and pace rules, since that is part of the NASCAR strategy. We should have paced yellows because without them everyone would be forced to pit on green. No fun.

Another thing: how many pit areas in each track?

This could be a lot of fun, especially if someone develops a short track. Here in the US we have lots to 1/4 mile ovals and some folks do get a kick out of that.

Ciao
Quote from XCNuse :the reason i said no about using different cars is because each car in hte nascar league has near exactly equal properties, and the 3 GTRs ... dont have the same properties at all, which would make it biased really

The noses are slightly different, but not enough for it to be an advantage to any one make.
Just saying
in LFS?

sure there are, compare the FZR's times to everything else and you'll find that it is faster in pretty much every situation, and the FXR you'll see is usually the slowest except on the smaller tracks

looking at WR times; while the XRR and FZR may be close.. its still unfair, while the FXR is a whole seconds slower for its WR

i still say no because its unrealistic; nascars dont have that many differences in them

what we need is the N/A power of the FZR, and the looks of the FXR lol

Need an opinion on a league...
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG