The online racing simulator
wow!
(53 posts, started )
I cant bealive that.

720p lines are 720p lines and 768p lines are 768 lines.
Is that hard to understand it the number difference???

There are several video standards but to name a few of them - most known are now 480p,720p,1080i and 1080p.There are even higher but not used much now.

I think the odd resolution of the screen is just because they can use better way the wafers they produce for TV LCD screens.If they would cut 1280*720 LCD screen then there would be some place unused on these wafers and the producing LCD would be a bit unaffective and cost more bucks as there would remain some space left and unused.Some LCD can do output of 720p to 1366*768 screens by mapping it 1:1 with black borders.

If they cant do it,720p video has to be interpolated to 768 lines which always make final picture a bit fuzzy.It very depend of the manafucter of the LCD screen how good they are in interpolation.Its the same on PC LCD screens.It really doesnt matter if its TV LCD or PC LCD as they work the same way and have only 1 native resolution.All other resolutions of the videos coming to them are interpolated.

What you think is happening with analog TV signal.Its either 720 x 576 for PAl or 720 x 480 for NTSC.What you think is happening with LCD TV running this signal.It has to interpolated it to 768 lines.

If the video is 1080p then the LCD if its only 1366*768 has to downsample it to 768lines.Sure if you run 1920*1080 screen then that 1080p video is displayed natibe while the 720p video has to be interpolated to 1080 resolution.

BTW - check the apple website for as you say native 768p HDTV resolution videos.They are none.Isnt it weird .Its not because the are 720p/1080p and sometimes lower.Nothing like 768p exist.

I can agree that European TV`s HDTV broadcasting suck really much.Europe is way back against USA/JAPAN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television
Quote from DEVIL 007 :It really doesnt matter if its TV LCD or PC LCD as they work the same way and have only 1 native resolution.All other resolutions of the videos coming to them are interpolated.

keep in mind though that generally pc screens have a much much higher resolution than the one of the input video stream which makes the interpolation look magnitudes better than interpolating to a resolution thats just slightly larger than the source res

btw with pal and never-the-same-colour things get even worse since both dont use square pixels
Quote from MillerM :Hmm you're sort of looking out of the windscreen as usual in a car

Thats how my nan used to drive, her face 2cm away from the windscreen. lol

wow!
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG