The online racing simulator
saving LFS2 to a disk or floppy PLZ HELP!!
IS there a way I can copy LFS to A CD-R? I tried a floppy but that was a stupid idea theres not enough space. AIF any one knows how to copy LFS2 to a disc (cd-r) plz tell me/ email [email protected]
thx
:doh: A floppy is not even 1.5 MB

If you want to put LFS on a CD-R, just put the zip file OR unzipped game folder onto the CD, and you've got yourself a copy of LFS on a CD. Just put LFS on the CD like any normal file.

That is all LFS is really... it doesn't have an installer, it is just like a folder full of files to make the game work

uhh can you walk me through I went to search and put in lfs2 and it pult up C:/documents and settings ect.then I rightclicked the file and clicked send to compressed(zipped)folder but it just makes another folder with a folder icon. PLZ help me step by step if you can thx.
You don't know how-to burn a file to a CD?

If you are using Windows XP, it is easy, follow these steps: http://office.microsoft.com/en ... tance/HA011266991033.aspx

Very easy. If you have CD Burning software, use that, but this is pretty easy too.

(Basically just Drag n' Drop)
Btw, that compressed folder will have a zipped folder (with a zipper, get it) icon as standard in Windows, and will work just as another folder. Just drag the folder to your CDR-drive in Windows Explorer with the CDR-disc inside.
Im surprised he knows how to use the internet!
Quote from Vendetta :Im surprised he knows how to use the internet!

You were a noob once too; Leave the dude alone :chair:
#8 - steve
OK I got the file put to a disck but when I load it is says
-Could not write to data folder- is LFS correctly installed on a harddrive?
what now?
What are you trying to do, run it OFF the CD? :doh:

You cannot do that because the files cannot be written or updated on the CD. CD is just storage, not a hard drive.

Run it off your hard drive and you should be fine. You should've said you wanted to run it off the CD in the first place, would've saved you some trouble :doh:
A Disk is (mostly) always readonly!

@Tweaker: Don't do this. Your head will hurt! *g*
Quote from Bruce Lee :OK I got the file put to a disck but when I load it is says
-Could not write to data folder- is LFS correctly installed on a harddrive?
what now?

This is where ROM (Read Only Memory) comes in the term CD-ROM.
What exactly do you want to accomplish? Perhaps we can help you more if you describe your ultimate goal...
I think he wanted to burn LFS to a CD so he could play it from there. Maybe he's low on disk space and just wanted to save a few MB.

But unfortunately, that doesn't work out as LFS needs to write some files, which cannot be done when it's located on a CD (or any other read only medium). He could try an USB stick, though.
..or because he wants to play LFS on a computer without internet access....?
lol thats what i did often times with an old computer up in my room, since it had no internet and USB drives werent exactly 'cheap' (much less did i know about them.. or have a USB port at that lol)so i just burned everything onto disks and transfered it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG