The online racing simulator
skins_x
(14 posts, started )
skins_x
I done a serach before posting this and even looked at the manual but could find anything so....

Can anyone please tell me what the folder called skins_x is for? There are some skins in there that I don't remember getting.
Skins_x is the skins you automitically download during online play.
#3 - garph
skins_x contains all the automatically downloaded skins that people have uploaded to LFS World.
so you can use them too?
#5 - garph
Quote from funnybone2 :so you can use them too?

Some are for public use some are personal/private, some times it's on the skins it's self if it's public or private.

I wouldn't use the private ones because people are protective of them. They could also be team skins. If you're not sure, then don't use it. People put A LOT of time into making a personal skin and if they don't want anyone else to use them, I respect that.

Just look further down this forum for the arguments about using personal/private skins.
#7 - Jakg
NO, do NOT use skins from Skins_X, they could well be private
i understand HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!
do skins in Skins_x show up online in S2, but just skins from skins folder not?
I dont unerstand your question but
Skins folder is where you put the skins you personally want to use. Same with everyone. With an S2 licence you get the ability to upload your skins for use online which people then download the jpeg file to their skins_x folder on their hard drive. This means that when racing around you see everyone elses skin that they are using. Demo user's dont have the ability to upload skins so the only way you can have skins in demo is if you send your skin to everyone to manually put in their skins_x folder.

Hope that answer's your question.
hmmm i have no files in my skins_x folder and i race alot
The auto skin downloader's only for S1 and S2, I think. DK
thanks for the reply Greboth, its exactly what i meant, sorry i didnt say it in a good way
I use skins from the skins_x folder all the time. I see a skin I like on a server, and then I as them "That's a nice skin, Is it public/ May I use it?" And then if they say yes, then you can use it. If they say no, then you can't.

skins_x
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG