The online racing simulator
Night Racing
(19 posts, started )
Night Racing
hi there,

i like south city long with sunset view.

how about night view, with car lights ?

that were very shagadelic

is there any chance anytime we get this in s2 ?

greetz mike
My highly educated and 100% correctly speculated guess is: maybe but most probably in S3
I assume you meant the [unofficial] altered textures, rather than "proper" night racing? If so, then I would guess probably. Infact I think there are some over at RSC somewhere.
i had the files for S1 but not for S2 :S
I think IF a night time option comes to LFS...well, there's going to be alot more accidents, as SOME people have enough trouble seeing where they're going in full day light!!

That aside, night racing would be alot of fun, and very scary!
Quote from Killer K :I think IF a night time option comes to LFS...well, there's going to be alot more accidents, as SOME people have enough trouble seeing where they're going in full day light!!

That aside, night racing would be alot of fun, and very scary!

I don't think it's a matter of 'if', but a matter of 'when'. I'm pretty much the
'when' is when the projected lights will be added, making it night isn't a problem,
but coding the lighting, on the other hand, could take a while.
Quote from Killer K :That aside, night racing would be alot of fun, and very scary!

yea, I think I'd instantly fall in love with night racing

(P.S.: Spike Spiegel for teh win )
Do the headlights even work in LFS? I mean, do they actually throw a light beam or do they just light up for looks (during passing)? I also recall reading that there's no way to keep the headlights on in-game either. Well, there's some sort of hack or workaround, but nothing built into the game as the headlights were only designed to flash.

Can't have night racing until the headlights work properly. We'd probably need additional driving lights as well since the standard headlights likely wouldn't be enough.
nope there just for show would be nice if they actualy did "throw a beam of light out"
just open up every file int he pic directory and set brightness to 50%

you may feel liek your blind but it'll be dark for sure!
Quote from rich uk :just open up every file int he pic directory and set brightness to 50%

Or just lower the brightness of your monitor.
...or shut your eyes...
Quote from Bob Smith :...or shut your eyes...

always get the feeling that some people do that on turn 1 ...

see if they survive or not lol
to keep the lights on, minimize lfs while holding down G (or whatever your lights button is), open lfs back up and BAM!... u have lights :bananalla
Quote from Rumiko :(P.S.: Spike Spiegel for teh win )

See you Space Cowboy...

On another note, what about a day/night cycle? Have the european servers set on a certain time (say GMT) and as the day draws to a close, have the sun come down, the lights come on and...

BAM! We can have proper 24 hour races!
i hope changing weather in S3 will be like that, the lights are set to whatever time it is where the server is being run.

so a server in NZ say has its sunset when we have the sunrise.
why not go all the way and do it like in flightsims so the servers connect to some online weather service and adjust the weather accordingly ...
thats what i said shotglass

still wanting that; and clouds (well.. the sky) that moves
Yeah, despite my decidedly mixed feelings on the GTL demo, when I cranked up the time speed to 60x and watched the sun set and drove throught the night until it came up again the next morning, I was pretty captivated.

Night Racing
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG