The online racing simulator
why be so cocky?
(25 posts, closed, started )
why be so cocky?
I was just on the Dori. S Drift Server. I had a FZ skin on that I did not know was a private skin. someone told me that it was private. I said sorry and 2 sec. later I get a msg that says "CHANGE IT NOW". I said I was going to and you didnt have to be such a dic about it. 1 SEC LATER IWAS KICKED !!! There needs to be a way of making skins non downloadable so they can be true private skins. Also I think it's not fair for someone or a team to be able to say that a company logo or REAL LIFE car can just be theres to use.

AND STOP BEING SO COCKY!
Best piece of advice - don't copy anything from skins_x
Ask yourself, is this really the right place to discuss about arguments between drifters?
#4 - Mykl
Well, if you want people to see your skin, they have to have it on their computer...
best way i guess is to not pick skins from the skins-x folder?
#6 - ajp71
Quote from ajp71 :...and don't call admins dicks

I call it as it is. being an admin doesnt give you the right to be an SOB. I'll never go on any of their servers again. He wanted to be an internet tuff guy and I called him out on it.
#8 - Mykl
I think the greatest "f-you" to any dickhead in LFS is the "block chat" command.
Quote from sgt.flippy :How would you react if some jerk starts running around in a skin you spend hours/days/weeks on? And then imagine the jerk has the nerv to call you a dick.

called him that because I was being treated like I stole from him. I said I was sorry and didnt know it was a "private" skin. You dont scold someone like a dog when they make a mistake. I like this game because it has more of an adult crowd to it. I wish more people would act like adults
#10 - Jakg
Quote from COOP201 :I call it as it is. being an admin doesnt give you the right to be an SOB. I'll never go on any of their servers again. He wanted to be an internet tuff guy and I called him out on it.

you were using a private skin, YOU are in the wrong for copying it from Skins_X, i dont see how he's a dick
Quote from tristancliffe :Not being an admin doesn't give you a right to be a SoaB either, or steal other peoples skins. You won't be missed off their servers. He wanted to be an internet 'tuff' guy on his own server, and succeeded by making you cry on a forum full of people who don't care!

Can I join your team spanky/kev?

I'm not crying about it. I praise people on forums when I feel they are good peoples and call them out when they go on a power trip
Were you actually racing at the time he told you? And if you were drifting, I don't see the point why you can't stop that any time. He had the right to command you to change the skin, you didn't do that immediately, so imho he had the right to kick you for it.

If you don't take skins from the skins_X folder, you also wouldn't be bothered with people being mad about a stolen skin, the folder isn't there for you to pick a nice skin from, that's where master skinnerz and the skins forum section is for. When in these places the skins are posted and not stated they're private, you might even make a guy happy to see you use his skin, don't go stealing one and hope it's not private.
Quote from Jakg :you were using a private skin, YOU are in the wrong for copying it from Skins_X, i dont see how he's a dick

because he barked at me after I said I was sorry and wouldnt use the skin.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from COOP201 :because he barked at me after I said I was sorry and wouldnt use the skin.

did you change the skin before he kicked you? if not, then its (imo) justified because to him it could have looked as if you were fobbing him off
Come on COOP201 if you like this game because of the adults then this would be a good time for you to start acting like one.

Enjoy the racing!!!
Quote from COOP201 :I call it as it is. being an admin doesnt give you the right to be an SOB. I'll never go on any of their servers again. He wanted to be an internet tuff guy and I called him out on it.

Actually I think it does, rather, gives you the right do do whatever you want to. If someone is paying the price of that particular server, or has been appointed to admin it by the person who is, then theres nothing else
to say. You don't have to race there.

It's not a democracy. And at least on the surface, it sounds like you were trying to be the hard ass, which is not going to leave you too many servers left in which you can join.

i.e. dont say things like 'you dont have to be a dick' to a person who holds
the abort button.
Quote from Jakg :did you change the skin before he kicked you? if not, then its (imo) justified because to him it could have looked as if you were fobbing him off

from the time I was told to change skins to the time he got nasty was no more than 2 seconds
"I call it like it is"

Great, good for you. Don't complain though, when this policy comes back to bite you as it has in this case. Sometimes it is you who needs to man up and take it. You certainly cannot expect everyone else to do the same. Otherwise it would degenerate into the typical "I know you are but what am I?" cycle.
Quote from undertech :"I call it like it is"

Great, good for you. Don't complain though, when this policy comes back to bite you as it has in this case. Sometimes it is you who needs to man up and take it. You certainly cannot expect everyone else to do the same. Otherwise it would degenerate into the typical "I know you are but what am I?" cycle.

QFT

ugh first time qft'er here. I feel dirty.
The admin was within his rights to do what he did, but to give you 2 or 3 seconds to change your skin it seems a little harsh, i don't think i could change skin in 3 seconds.
totally see your point coop. I think most here are missing it!

hothead admins reacting too soon and not giving a driver a chance! See it way too often! It's a game admins, calm down or you wont get your head in the car!

REMINDS SELF to make an oversized head available for download for those admins
#22 - SamH
Quote from StableX :totally see your point coop. I think most here are missing it!

hothead admins reacting too soon and not giving a driver a chance! See it way too often! It's a game admins, calm down or you wont get your head in the car!

REMINDS SELF to make an oversized head available for download for those admins

Server admins are server admins. If they don't like you, you're outta there. If you don't like that, you should be outta there.

Server admins are LFSers who own/admin servers. Some are over-zealous (and it's an easy trap to fall into, possibly a difficult trap to avoid in fact). Ranting about them on this forum won't change them or make them stop and think. All it'll do is cause an eyesore on the forum.

I'd have closed this thread yesterday, but it got really fun when it went off-topic. If you guys are going to keep bringing it back on-topic, I'll have to close it. How's that for irony?
On ConeDodgers we get the stolen skin problem all the time.

If its one of our team skins, We ask, We warn, We warn again, We kick and if all else fails we give a 12 hour ban.

If we get "f-you" or "dic" we simply type /ban xxxxx 999 and the problem goes away for ages.

We did start to autokick swear words and i added "fu" to the list but found it was no good.

I remember one noob saying

"Wow i am having "fu"n on this server"

he logged back on,

"Kicking people who have done nothing wrong is not "fu"nny"

he logged back on,

I explained to him,

"Hey thanks, for telling me, its a "fu"nky server"

he logged back on

"You should take that aw"fu"l setting off"

he logged back on.

"Dont kick me i want to send you some cash for your server "fu"nd"

he logged back on

"Who the hell do you think you are "fu"-man-chu"

He logged back on

"You are as bad as the local "fu"zz" (slang for Police)

he logged back on

"f**k you, i will keep the money"

That was the last we saw of him
People in this forum are going really fast off-topic, which is not so good.
PLEASE continue your talk in some appropiate topic, Really. Thanks.
#25 - SamH
This thread is closed

why be so cocky?
(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG