The online racing simulator
Did anyone see Brundle and Blundell going through replays of LH driving after the race on ITV - gives a little insight to how he likes the car to drive a little loose, the two of them were a little surprised on his competance and ease of how LH is happy to drive an F1 that loose being so early on in his F1 career.

IE he already drives like an established F1 driver.

I remember last year in Germany in GP2 when he had a 10 second stop and go penalty and still managed to pass everyone and win the race, From that point on I think Ron Dennis was aware that he needed to get LH an F1 drive.

Personally I think Alonso has been brought in to groom LH into a long term champion, think about it LH has been with Mclaren since the age of 13 thats 9 years and in that time he has won 90% of the championships he has entered, how better to put the final piece of the jigsaw into place than to team him up with the reigning 2 times champion.
almost all drivers in F1 are exceptional in some way, they havent got there by being average. However even some of the drivers who were incredibly successful prior to F1, just fade into the background once given an F1 drive. Even if it is in a decent car. Hamilton seems to have taken to an F1 seat like a duck to water. There is more to him than just a priviledged background and a decent ability, time will tell what impact he will have on the sport, but already he is showing potential beyond his years.
I dont know many people from Stevenage who live a Priviledged life lol. I dont think he's far off from you or I, maybe just that his dad was able to direct him before Mclaren took over.
Quote from radweld :I dont know many people from Stevenage who live a Priviledged life lol.

He's certainly lucky to have a father who, if you believe the press, was willing to work three jobs to bring him and his brother up singlehandedly. I don't know, his dad seems really amiable in interviews. For the moment I just like to think he's a bloke who loves the sport and was really happy to see his son had a gift for it. Hopefully he won't turn out to be another tyrant of a sporting parent!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG