The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
i noticed in mp if u reset the car u get rid of damage and tyre wear, like in single player
Quote from HRT SHAUN :i noticed in mp if u reset the car u get rid of damage and tyre wear, like in single player

Shaun, this is a new feature since W9, basically the server can have arcade like reset (Resets position, tyres and damage), or no reset at all..... Scawen wants the majority of sim servers to have no reset option at all. Unfortunately there is no middle ground (No position reset only).
I think reduceing the limit for cars on demo servers was a good idea, they arn't ever filled past 8 anyway.
Quote from Blackout :Yay!

Shouldn't the countdown from the qualification be removed and make the clock start rolling soon as it, well, starts though? It's a bit weird that you can drive before it has started, so the countdown has no meaning actually.

I just wanted to point this also.
(Just in case you missed this the first time )

Nice work, I love the new mini map colors
Can I ask what the plans are re future patches? Are many more features (and the corresponding bugs) going to be added in this round of test patches, or are we likely to see a proper patch fairly soon? (ie, once the bugs are sorted) I understand if this is not known or divulged at this point... but it would be handy to know for league planning
#56 - MR_B
Blimey you're a man on a mission! Top work, well done.
In W10 I get a stutter when dispaying the F10 screen. Went back to W9 and it wasn't there. Just as the overlay is drawn there is a 2-4frame pause, and again as the overlay is erased. I's weird, cause I didn't think the 2d drawing had got any attention in W10, but still. Never had the problem in any other patch.
I rebooted and tried it just to be sure, but very consistent, everytime I press F10 I get the sligth pause.
I run the game 1280x1024@60fps without EVER dropping below haven't tried 20AI ), so it shouldn't be a performance issue either.
I'll do some more checking to see if I can find a cause for this.

My system:
Asus P5N SLI deluxe
Intel E6700@3,2
Corsair 2Gb RAM
XFX 7900GTX SLI
WD Raptor 150Gb
Soundblaster Audigy2
G25
TrackIR4 pro

All latest drivers.
Not really just a W Bug... but since it isn´t mentioned in the Changelog I think it still exists here.

I played with V Version on the OddCombo Servers. I was racing the Fox. Then the Track / Car Combo changed. I thought I am no forced to change to the FZ5, but I could still drive my Fox. I could even enter the Pits, change Setup and race again... with a car which was not allowed to race.

Is it possible to check if you have a "allowed" car when you press the ENTER Button to enter the Race?
Quote :I played with V Version on the OddCombo Servers. I was racing the Fox. Then the Track / Car Combo changed. I thought I am no forced to change to the FZ5, but I could still drive my Fox. I could even enter the Pits, change Setup and race again... with a car which was not allowed to race.

There is no LFS problem here. That sounds like an issue with my odd compo software, it is coded to prevent you joining with the previous car but might have lost track of your player details. Unless it was odd combo in which case it's nothing to do with my software, and is just a web interface to change cars manually just like a normal server. If it was odd compo then it's me you need to moan at.
Quote from Becky Rose :I watch the replay, then when I try to come out of the replay I just get that 'metal'-look silver screen you get when loading replays and no sound, and that's where it stays.

Did you have the replay in 'paused' state when you exited it? If so, this is known, existing behaviour: the 'paused' state is not always cleared. Just press 'P' again and you can continue.
Quote :Did you have the replay in 'paused' state when you exited it?

I did it twice, one the replay was at it's end the other time I started a new race whilst it was playing. I did not press pause before the fault occurred, but did try unpausing.
Minor thing with AIs. If AIs are added ingame with /ai command, all of them use same colours, same as 1st AI added with "Add AI driver" button on setup screen.
Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but start an AI race and /pit_all .... then watch those AI's try to get back on the track
Shift+U mode seems to have camera controlls inverted. That is, you click & drag the scenery around, as opposed to moving hte camera. In other words, dragging left makes the camera look right. Very hard to use!!!

Great patch scawen, thanks!
Quote from Burnzoire :Shift+U mode seems to have camera controlls inverted. That is, you click & drag the scenery around, as opposed to moving hte camera. In other words, dragging left makes the camera look right. Very hard to use!!!

Great patch scawen, thanks!

Press space to see the buttons and change the option.....
Quote from Plastik8 :Shaun, this is a new feature since W9, basically the server can have arcade like reset (Resets position, tyres and damage), or no reset at all..... Scawen wants the majority of sim servers to have no reset option at all. Unfortunately there is no middle ground (No position reset only).

ah k, cheers for that
In the setup screen with the UFR loaded, you get more possible penalty weight when you add the driver. You can move the slider to 130kg with the driver, but only to 120 without. Is this a bug, or a feature since the flying MRT issue?
Quote from illegal :In the setup screen with the UFR loaded, you get more possible penalty weight when you add the driver. You can move the slider to 130kg with the driver, but only to 120 without. Is this a bug, or a feature since the flying MRT issue?

in W10 you can add a max of 20% of the weight of the car, so if the car is loaded it will be more heavier*,then the max ballast also will be heavier

*heavy, don't know how to write it right in english
Quote from Becky Rose :After doing a short race (mixed TBO's, FE Green, 2 laps, layout) in single player with 20 cars, I watch the replay, then when I try to come out of the replay I just get that 'metal'-look silver screen you get when loading replays and no sound, and that's where it stays.

Is this reproducable every time? If so please describe how you tried to exit the replay (using menus or shift+X - or any other info, like, was the screen grey already when you tried to exit). Or did it just happen to you twice and it's not easily reproducable? I think it's a timing thing, in fact a really old bug, if you get it at just the right time this bug can come up.

Quote from Blowtus :Can I ask what the plans are re future patches? Are many more features (and the corresponding bugs) going to be added in this round of test patches, or are we likely to see a proper patch fairly soon? (ie, once the bugs are sorted) I understand if this is not known or divulged at this point... but it would be handy to know for league planning

The current plan is to release patch X in one or two weeks, depending how it goes. Two weeks might be a better or more realistic option because it'll probably take a week just to get the remaining updates finished - nothing really big or interesting for most people, but includes an updated InSim system (which is hopefully only 1 or 2 days' work) and some other compatible and incompatible things on my list of varying importance, and some bugs reported here. I guess we should really have a week of stable testing after the changes are implemented, so that we know version X will be bug free.

Quote from Burnzoire :Shift+U mode seems to have camera controlls inverted. That is, you click & drag the scenery around, as opposed to moving hte camera. In other words, dragging left makes the camera look right. Very hard to use!!!

The option is called invert look or something, I think W9 returned it back to default which some people think is the wrong way round.
Quote from Scawen :The option is called invert look or something, I think W9 returned it back to default which some people think is the wrong way round.

Yeah it was turned back to default, noticed that last night too. The option is called "Invert right button look :" btw
Where and when is a big W10-testing event??

And the car-reset in multiplayer should be complete removed. the Arcade is maybe not needed. Some Admins do not disable the reset-option and thats annoying. So is it for example possible to reset a car in race in the one and only oval-server: (FM) OvaL W10
Quote from matze54564 :Where and when is a big W10-testing event??

And the car-reset in multiplayer should be complete removed. the Arcade is maybe not needed. Some Admins do not disable the reset-option and thats annoying. So is it for example possible to reset a car in race in the one and only oval-server: (FM) OvaL W10

The default option is disabled. So it's only the admon who is annoying because he enabled the reset option ^^
Quote :Is this reproducable every time? If so please describe how you tried to exit the replay (using menus or shift+X - or any other info, like, was the screen grey already when you tried to exit). Or did it just happen to you twice and it's not easily reproducable? I think it's a timing thing, in fact a really old bug, if you get it at just the right time this bug can come up.

I did 2 races, watched 2 replays, and it happened both times. I'll try again tonight and see if it happens again.

I was watching the replay, so not paused and with a track visible. I tried to exit the replay with 'start race' on the escape menu, and the other option there (i'm at work right now). I used the escape menu anyway. The first time was at the end of the replay more or less, the other the replay was still playing.

As it's a timing issue i'll give you my system specs:
Dual Core AMD 4200+ (not overclocked), 2gb CAS2 DDR RAM (underclocked to CAS 2.5), 2x160gb SATA-2 Raid1 Stripe, 2x7600GT 256mb SLI (overclocked).

Would a replay help? I suppose not.

Anyway i'll try a few 1 lappers tonight to see if I can reproduce it every time.
I had a similar problem to Becky's, but it was the first time it's happened, and it was with the 0.5W version, which I've used since it's release with no problems.

While racing online, I crashed and went to spectate mode. I got the chrome screen, but the race continuted, and I could see people typing comments.

I went to the garage, and everything was normal. I went back to spectate, and got the same chrome screen.

I went back to the garage, then used the 'pit' button. I was sitting in the garage and could see the track outside, but anytime I used the tab key to view other cars, I got the chrome screen ,and could not get rid of it until I used 'garage' and 'pit' tabs again.

Going from garage to spectate - always the chrome screen
Going from garage to pit - everything fine until I tried to view another car

This continued for 10 minutes, at which point I quit the game.

I'd seen the chorme screen occasionally flash on for a few seconds when waiting for a race to start, for example, but never before has it continued
like this.
There´s an odd bug on the so sprint 2 grid.
It looks more like a physics/track bug to me but I assume it only surfaces now that the cars are no longer held in place before the green light.
I couldn´t replicate it with patch v but that might be down to not getting the car in the right position.
Attached files
odd_grid_behaviour.spr - 216.2 KB - 220 views
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG