The online racing simulator
Racing Rig Update
(20 posts, started )
Racing Rig Update
I would place the shifter further back (somewhere around my forearms) though, hehe.

Anyways, insane rig you have there, simply insane.
Needs a drink dispenser.

EDIT : Or better... an espresso machine! Anything better than sipping some soft brew while blasting around Kyoto GP?
Very very nice....but....does it make you go faster? Honestly, do you think this has helped you develop your racing skills, or was this done more for immersion?
Quote from banshee56 :Very very nice....but....does it make you go faster? Honestly, do you think this has helped you develop your racing skills, or was this done more for immersion?

Isn't it obvious? ---> Immersion definitely.

When you're that comfortable in such a rig plus all the cool gadgets/tools to guide/assist in your gaming experience, to be faster is definitely a breeze with the right amount of practise, and you'd had more fun than others do because of the added immersion.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
how much is it worth..?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I know I went a bit faster when I secured my pedals a bit better, and I went a bit faster again when I started using headphones. I bet a good cockpit is worth a few tenths.

I'd say that you don't get better or faster with better hardware. Using bad hardware can slow you down though

---
Nice rig, GrandSurf

(still like how "easy" it is to get in/out from it? )
what is the program on the small screen
Quote from Falcon140 :what is the program on the small screen

Did you go to the link that was provided? Yeeesh!
I hope you don't mind me asking but could I ask around how much you spent on the rig in total? Excluding the outgauge moniter and the Projection screen. Hope i'm not being too rude by asking =/.
OK, a nother Rig-Update with G25 Wheel (Momo 26-29cm) and Shifter (new Springs inside, longer Shifter and new Knob) Mod... Now the G25 is perfect . Also i made an installation of the Shifter in the Rig for fast Exchange against Joystick for Flysims. The change is settled in 30 seconds.

Seriously... WOW!!!! *drools*
That is INSANE. Fantastic!

Looks expensive... can I ask how expensive?
What springs did you use to replace the stockers in the shifter? Looks pretty cool
Also can you explain the work involed in swaping out the g25 wheel for a "real" wheel, again as previously stated, amazing setup
Grandsurf, you just kept adding more and more stuffs on it, I wonder when you're going to stop...

btw I just noticed you still lack an Ebrake handle, maybe that's next?
steffan could we please have dimensions if possible please mate

thanks
james
I would just love to know where he gets all of his stuff from like the Tachometer and the control box (the box with all the bottons on) And how he gets it to work i would love to do what he has done with his rig.
Theres one word for this AMAZING/OUTSTANDING 11/10 tips the scales.
Quote from james12s :steffan could we please have dimensions if possible please mate

thanks
james

steffan, can we have the template... looks cool... cant imagine if i can have it at home. Good job!!

Racing Rig Update
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG