The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I've found no bugs so far

I will be really thankful if somebody from 500servers.com can remove me from the ban-list of

"500 Servers W9"
best regards
Quote from joen :You could just make a copy of your LFS folder, and install the patch on that one. That way you can always check out the new stuff while keeping your other install "safe" That's what I always do anyway

That's what I have just done. I wasn't to sure about installing it but I asked a couple of questions in the STCC thread and I decided to copy the whole LFS folder and upgrade the copy.

Had a quick race on a W9 server(500Servers) and it looks like LFS is getting more realistic with every patch that comes out. I was waiting to be sent to spectate for false start but never was. No problems so far for me.

Great work.
Just posting a recording of 7 people getting spectated on the start line for false start. You can see them respawn and get auto-spectated many times. The chat filled up with heaps of false start messages, although the false-start messages do not get saved on the replay. Sorry I didnt know this.

You can see full grid at the beginning of the replay. Then as as the lights change etc, you can see the cars disappearing and re-appearing from false starts. They dont appear to be taking off the line, or is it possible I lagged and did not see them move? They must have been clicking re-join to do all this re-spawning. As the lights go green you can see 7 cars missing. I got spectated and accused of false-start on the chat. I know I didn't do a false start. Most rejoined after waitning the 12 seconds in the pit.
7 FALSE false-starts.zip 2.25MB replay

Server was called 500 Servers W9 (AS2 config). There were like 45 connected and a full grid. The rest of the time I did not notice any problems. It was ace fun. This is the same server mentioned in the last 4-5 posts. Some were not there when this one mass-false-start happened in the trouble free 1 & 1/2 hours I was there. I dont think the server was to blame - just the fact there was like nearly 50 people there might have made something go boo boo.

So smooth still 60fps into T1 on my old 9800proRadeon - Amazing
Attached files
7 FALSE false-starts.zip - 1.8 MB - 276 views
I don't recall exactly but I think there was some rule in Formula 1 with regards to the car having to move only 0.1s after the green lights because anything less than that would mean that you were expecting green rather than reacting to it... is this how it has been implemented in LFS or is it if you move after green?
It might be that your rolling forward a tiny amount without knowing, to be safe I apply the handbrake until the lights come on
i think that the Glitch has something to do with the accelerator. as in if you are in neutral and then accelorate it thinks your car is moving...

@Matze. the ban comes off tomorrow. it was put on because you would not listen to the requests to stop annoying me with questions about CLC stuff and the short bit of spam you did... but this thread is not the place for this discussion so please do not reply about the ban here.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It might be that your rolling forward a tiny amount without knowing, to be safe I apply the handbrake until the lights come on

The handbrake is applied automatically until you shift into 1st anyway.
Ah I didn't know that, thats good then...i do it anyway because i am paranoid lol
Single player and demo races now up to 16 cars

does it mean 16 cars in race + 1 spectator?
should i set 17 connections in setup.cfg?
jesus when did this patch comeout? it looks great! how does it play offline and online? is it worth downloading? and should I replace my Patch W with this one?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :jesus when did this patch comeout? it looks great! how does it play offline and online? is it worth downloading? and should I replace my Patch W with this one?

You should not, because most leagues still run patch W and W9 is incompatible to W. Instead, create a copy of your LFS folder and install patch W9 into that copy. It is absolutely worth downloading it, plays great online and offline, multiplayer is much smoother again. Go get it
please read the first post

It's multiplayer incompatible with W, so just create a copy of your LFS folder and apply the patch there. Then you can have two independent LFS installations to do your testing.
joining in a standing grid during the start process will effect in a false start, like the quali thing.
Quote from franky500 :i think that the Glitch has something to do with the accelerator. as in if you are in neutral and then accelorate it thinks your car is moving...

Can't confirm that, I made a point in staying in neutral and standing on the brake before lights come on, but I still got booted off for a false start, together with about 5-10 other people on a 22 car grid.
wtf????
I get new tyres when i reset my car...bug ??
Thank you Scawen, some interesting things are in this one - and some more work for me

Has anyone been able to try out South City Sprint yet with more than 16 cars to see if it works?
Quote from IcYX :wtf????

No, please read the thread - Scawen has already answered that.
Quote from AndroidXP :Can't confirm that, I made a point in staying in neutral and standing on the brake before lights come on, but I still got booted off for a false start, together with about 5-10 other people on a 22 car grid.

I got booted for being in 1st, clutched and revving the engine. Normally you won't get booted for that. The bug is just random (atleast it seems like it).

No, it's not. If resetting is enabled you will be repaired and get new tires like in singleplayer now. Resetting should not be enabled on "real racing servers" because it's an arcade option
Anyone else notice that the graphic for the rear left tire temperature is covered by the connection bars in the bottom left corner?(see attachment)
Attached images
Temps.JPG

No, it's a arcade feature. If reset is on you get a repaired car and new tyres like in single player. The servers I've been on have had reset disabled.
Scawen, I want to kiss you

JUST KIDDING, but I love false starts
A simple question :
Atm with 20 players limit + 4 spectator there is a command that allow you to set the server for 23 players and 1 spectator. (i have played some times ago into some 23 slots servers)

There will be the same command with the next patch? (allowing to set some servers with 47 players? )
Quote from sinbad :Ok, so handicaps are not going to be track specific. I see the logic behind it, good for people doing seasons on lots of circuits. The cars will, however, be genuinely balanced on a small number of tracks. Any track where the RB4 was competitive before will now be RB4 dominated. So it's not as much help for the majority of racers who just pick-up and play, same problem, different cars.

Still, FXO seems slower overall, which was the main objective in TBO I suppose.

If handicaps are able to be scripted, then we can adapt them to each track in the server's rotation.

About erroneous false-start penalties: I've always seen MPR replays where cars would jitter around a bit while on the grid, before the green light came out.
So it seems to be an extrapolation error somewhere, because I've always seen the same thing online in real time - cars jumping around a bit, apparently just revving their engines or moving their steering wheel about, and sometimes not doing anything (as far as I could tell).
man this is awesome. I was just online with 45 or so other people. It was nuts!

Best part, completely smooth gameplay, no lag or poor FPS.

LFS is by far the best coded game I've ever played.

MAJOR Kudos to the Dev team!
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W9
(393 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG