The online racing simulator
St-Eustache rallycross tracks
(20 posts, started )
I just made layouts of the CASDI Rallycross Series runs at the Autodrome St-Eustache (just north of Montreal) race track. The purpose of the whole event is to allow the teams to get a glimpse of how a rally works, for the drivers to get used to following pace notes and for the co-drivers to learn how to read pace notes and handle the rally procedures and paperwork.

The first one is a run on the oval part of the track (top part in picture below) and the other one on the circuit part of the track (bottom of the picture below).
http://www.cherrypickerracing. ... cks/steustache_aerial.jpg

Each layout is ran 3 times total, twice the first one, then twice the second one, then each one once again

I've included a plan of how each layout is ran.
Just follow the lines in order (red -> yellow -> green -> blue)

or, read the instructions:

Oval:
Start
-> turn right onto curve B then left onto straight 1
-> after the hairpin, get onto the curve A and onto straight 2
-> then curve B and onto straight 1 again
-> this time after the hairpin go right onto straight 3 for a full lap around the oval (B -> 2 -> A -> 3) and from straight 3 turn onto straight 1
-> after the hairpin, turn left onto curve A, onto straight 2
-> FINISH

Circuit:
Start
-> keep right onto straight 1
-> turn left onto straight 2
-> turn right and left into the roundabout
-> out of the roundabout, go ahead onto straight 3
-> turn right onto straight 2
-> hairpin left onto straight 1
-> turn left onto straight 2
-> right and left again into roundabout
-> out of the roundabout turn right and right again
-> FINISH

You can find the results (including lap times) from the 2 events so far at:
http://rallyscoring.com/results/2007/St-Eustache/index.htm
The first one started on asphalt but after 2 runs it got snowed up so that's why there is so much difference in the lap times. Based on those times, I suspect my layouts are slightly smaller than they should be.

Also, some videos (outside and in-car) from my runs during the second event -> http://rancid.ca/modules/articles/
photos -> http://rancid.ca/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=55

P.S. If anyone wants, I can TRY and extort the road book from my co-driver and post the pace notes here
Attached images
steustache.jpg
Attached files
AU1_st-eustache ss-oval.lyt - 2.1 KB - 444 views
AU1_st-eustache ss-circuit.lyt - 4.3 KB - 488 views
C'est cool de voir des gens se dévouer à reproduire nos track à Live For Speed. Thumb up dude!
Quote from Riders Motion :C'est cool de voir des gens se dévouer à reproduire nos track à Live For Speed. Thumb up dude!

Nice! Depuis que je suis allé voir Drift Mania une couple de fois, j'ai toujours voulu savoir c'était quoi drifter dans l'oval! lol! merci!
T'as pas niaisé avec le pock avant d'avoir une license toi
speak english please.
you know - English speaking Forum means that everyone understands English, if you want to write something only you two would understand - go to MSN or something
nice! Vive St-Eu! nice!

Guess Driftek season opener will be deported for the 2ND time... So who's coming to the real version?
Great!
This is great!

3 little questions :

#1 : Is the layout of the actual oval track precise? Might be fun to run this online with the FXR, kinda like the Sport Compact that run there :-P

I was crewing for a Sportsman team that practiced there this saturday and man, this look so small in the game LOL

#2 : Was that a Solo event (asphalt) or an actual rallycross?

#3 : Any pointers to other real QC layouts?

Finally, thanks alot, great fun!
Quote from CharlesMartin :This is great!

3 little questions :

#1 : Is the layout of the actual oval track precise? Might be fun to run this online with the FXR, kinda like the Sport Compact that run there :-P

I was crewing for a Sportsman team that practiced there this saturday and man, this look so small in the game LOL

#2 : Was that a Solo event (asphalt) or an actual rallycross?

#3 : Any pointers to other real QC layouts?

Finally, thanks alot, great fun!

#1 i think the layout is slightly smaller than the real thing, but not that much, it's not super precise either, but it will give you an idea
#2 it was an actual rallycross, though pretty simple (compared to this weekend's rallycross at sanair which was much more like a true rally)
#3 i'm looking for good reference plans for the sanair track, both the circuit and trioval, so that i can make the rallycross layouts
good job mec !! , sa vas etre utile , pour pratiquer , en vue du time attack cette étét =)
Nice one. Seen a lot of video's of St-Eustache and always wanted to go there some day. xD

Now I can virtually. Doesn't LFS just rule.
Sa fait plaisir un layout du canada!
Vive le canada!Nice Job!
C'est bien de commenter sur son layout mais ça fait environ un an qu'il l'a postée ici donc vous êtes un peu en retards...
Désolé,c'est pas une rébrique que je consulte pas beaucoup
C'est tres bien! (poor french :/ )
Nice,je vais esseyer sa...j'ai toujours voulu savoir c'était quoi vraiment cette track.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG