The online racing simulator
FZ50 Fun
(14 posts, started )
FZ50 Fun
Hi, I'm Carlos FSR, from Portugal. If any of you used to play colin mcrae rally 2 you may know some of the new cars and other add-ons I used to create. I have to admit that this is probably the first track game I've spent more than 3 hours playing since grand prix back in the Stone Age on my 486... I' more of a rally fan, and I've even done some rallying as a co-pilot. I loved cmr2 so much I still run a local championship where we use a real car (a bit modified, w/ a wheel, seq gearbox, horizontal handbrake -from a mini-)... anyway... I read somewhere that this game was the best driving sim there was... I looked up some reviews and was so impressed that I decided to have a go. I totally fell in love with it... everything about the car reactions seemed so real... by now I've learned that there are some glitches in extreme situations, but from my experience from virtually all the rally games and real fwd and rwd rally cars, this really seems to be the best driving simulation. Now going back to cmr2, it feels rubbish... I'm still a rally fan, not a track fan at all, LFS is just that good..

As it's not possible to create new cars nor tracks (yet... I hope), I decided to make a video instead...

It's called "FZ50 FUN", 'cause that's all it is, just a few fun moments aboard the FZ50...

It's available at the Movies Pit. It's about 4 min, 50 Mb, 640x480

I played around a bit with some effects... it was captured with fraps, and edited with PaintShop Pro and Premiere Pro.

I leave some screens so you can get an idea of what to expect...

these screens are from the video itself and were not edited afterwards. they were taken before the final compression to wmv and the resize from 800x600 to 640x480. the skins were done by me... just a simple one so I wouldn't use the default...
some more screens:

hit shift-f to get rid of the gauges in that view
Nice movie, though I don't find drifting that interesting.

Quote from carlosfsr :Now going back to cmr2, it feels rubbish... I'm still a rally fan, not a track fan at all, LFS is just that good..

CMR2? Have you ever heard of Richard Burns Rally? It makes every other rallying game feel like rubbish... even the rallycross in LFS.
yes, of course... tried it for a week... after some time spent on the set up, it started to become more controllable, but it never felt real nor that fun... I know that if I had spent more time I would have gotten more used to the car, but I don't find the stages interesting... and that's the main reason why I gave that up...
Quote from carlosfsr :yes, of course... tried it for a week... after some time spent on the set up, it started to become more controllable, but it never felt real nor that fun... I know that if I had spent more time I would have gotten more used to the car, but I don't find the stages interesting... and that's the main reason why I gave that up...

That's funny. I don't care if the stages are interesting (they are, for example Chirdonhead and Bisanne but I think too that there is too much "copy-paste" on the stages) but the driving feel is as good as it can be. I can't really understand why you gave it up.
hey
my only comment is...

SHIFT + F
Quote from deggis :It makes every other rallying game feel like rubbish... even the rallycross in LFS.

Well... if we had rally cars, and rally courses, I think LFS would feel quite nice in the dirt It is just that Rallycross is more suited for multiple cars and the tracks aren't all that exciting... but the dirt driving still feels great to me... expcept we just need proper rally cars in my opinion
2650hp/tonne? Erm, are you sure?

But it looks like a nice video, and I'll download it later when I'm at home.
Funny, I don't remember adding this one...
hey, carlos! I doubt you'll see this reply, but, I just want to tell you that I still have your video in my LFS vids/ folder. (https://cloudup.com/cHdtXCU5u-q)

I still love the video, the editing was inspiring to me at the time and the song I've downloaded and still listen to sometimes. haha (=

I'm from Brazil, we could talk in portuguese, but I think that's not polite to all the people from the forum.

Best wishes, man!
Quote from yurigoytacaz :hey, carlos! I doubt you'll see this reply, but, I just want to tell you that I still have your video in my LFS vids/ folder. (https://cloudup.com/cHdtXCU5u-q)

I still love the video, the editing was inspiring to me at the time and the song I've downloaded and still listen to sometimes. haha (=

I'm from Brazil, we could talk in portuguese, but I think that's not polite to all the people from the forum.

Best wishes, man!

"Created: December 31, 1969 at 9:00 PM"

hah! is Scavier even born in that year yet?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :"Created: December 31, 1969 at 9:00 PM" legit.

hah! is Scavier even born in that year yet? Don't think so considering they are in their 30's

The Internet (Internetwork) was very primitive back then
Quote from rosewood2 :The Internet (Internetwork) was very primitive back then

+1

btw, where I can see the video? Did I miss something ehh?

FZ50 Fun
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG