The online racing simulator
Battlefield 2 match - Hosted by UKCT
(58 posts, started )
Hello racers!

UKCT are offering the chance to come over and play with us on Battlefield 2. We are only able to do this should there be enough interest!

Battlefield 2 server details:

IP: ukct.net
Port: 16567 (default)
Password: ukctbf2

This server is unranked. This server is not protected by punkbuster.

Feel free to join in on the fun!

Greetz
Dan
#2 - Jakg
just so you know, the server isn't ranked (have you seen how much they charge for a ranked server!?) Unfortunately, this means there's no way for us to prevent people with dodgy copies of BF2 joining the server. This is why we've given it the password "ukctbf2".
Sounds interesting, are you guys doing it on a set schedule or is it just a 24/7 thing?
it was planned for tonight. but there was no interest. so we will reschedual it soon!
Ah lol, If its in the evenings like 7pm onwards I'll probably have a go. At work during the day so can't then
yea it will be around that time
#7 - SamH
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :it was planned for tonight. but there was no interest. so we will reschedual it soon!

Well, it was late notice, wasn't it?! LOL!

I think we might be able to talk Becky into giving a winning team members a 50 point STCC bonus
Quote :I think we might be able to talk Becky into giving a winning team members a 50 point STCC bonus

No chance, but i'll come on the server and regime change them.
I might join in late next week once I get my new box assembled. My current PC doesn't enjoy playing BF2.
I lost my BF2 manual, so I don't have any CD-Key...
#11 - Jakg
Technically Dustin, a valid CD-Key is not required...

i might pop in tonight, who could resist a chance to shoot LFS' best forum whore? where are my enemies when i need them!
#12 - Jakg
from a shop!

Or "teh internets"
#13 - d6nn
Quote from LFSn00b :Where can i get BF2?

The internet? lol

teh shop . or we will smell sum bananas
#14 - SamH
Yes indeed! UKCT in no way condones software piracy. That goes without saying.

There is absolutely no way to determine if someone is connecting with a legitimate copy of BF2, unless we pay for a ranked server from EA Games. We're not willing to do that, since we're already paying for the bandwidth that their very poorly coded dedi server chews like there's no tomorrow, so we've opted for the free version of the dedi server which goes unranked and consequently with no CD key checking.

EA's desire to screw as much money as possible out of server operators as well as game licencees has left a big security hole that anyone can walk through, whether they've paid for the game or not. I bought BF2 for £39, but that doesn't mean I support EA's ludicrous server pricing policy.

Thus our server has an open-door policy. Just please don't tell me, if your copy of BF2 is a pirate copy. I'd rather not know.
I have a funny version of the story: I have the manual, box, everything intact, but the DVD exploded in my drive and it... sort of doesn't work anymore.
i have only just discovered the fun of bf2 - will try out when i figure out how to drive the aircraft
Quote from Jakg :Technically Dustin, a valid CD-Key is not required...

i might pop in tonight, who could resist a chance to shoot LFS' best forum whore? where are my enemies when i need them!

A valid CD key may not be required, but I'd still feel wrong using a pirated CD key, even though I have my legal CD's and my legal manual SOMEWHERE in this cave of a room.
Quote from al heeley :i have only just discovered the fun of bf2 - will try out when i figure out how to drive the aircraft

You actually don't drive them...

Other than that, I don't like BF2. It is playable with PRM though.
i'll be up for this, can i bring some of my clan mates??? [TCF] pwnage time!!!!!! www.tcfclan.org
How about a friday night fight?
I logged on earlier after upgrading to 1.41, first time I've managed to take Wake Island single-handed, being the only player there, lol.
#21 - Jakg
Wake r0ckz0rz!

I just got a legal copy that's my own, £17.99 of Play.com with Special Forces thrown in - yay!
Hmmm, just spent the last hour downloading the Desert Conflict (client) mod, but when I run it, there's no maps to choose from. Is this meant for on-line play only?
#23 - Jakg
Desert Conflict should have maps, go to BF2>Community>Custom Games>Desert Conflict>"Activate"
thx, it works in multiplayer online but no maps in singleplayer/offline
Up for this, what patch

(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG