The online racing simulator
BMW Sauber F1.06 (BF1) -Sound
(19 posts, started )
The BF1-Sound in 0.5W is poor by high speed over 320 and high rotation of the engine.

To fix the problem just use the old sound from release 0.5V.
Sounds are saved in ...data\engine

With Shift+A in game is it possible to load a new engine-sound without game restart.

If u have lost the old BF1-Sound, i can provide one for download, i made a zip-file 178 KB, but when nobody need the file i make no download-possibility.

If somebody know another source for the sound, please post it here.
#2 - Davo
I found the wind to distort the sound too much and turning it down helped a lot.
I like DaveWS pack version 3 (link) sound for BF1 slightly better than the one coming with Patch W... it's less high pitched. But it's still the worst sounding together with FZR and really not on par with some other cars that simply sounds amazing (FXR, XFR, FO8).
the sound is fine for me, i just can't stand the rediculous amount of clipping it causes
#5 - wark
I bet it's loud enough to cause some "clipping" in real life, too.

Though most, I imagine, like to race from a helmet/ear-plugs perspective...
Quote from XCNuse :the sound is fine for me, i just can't stand the rediculous amount of clipping it causes

Yes, I noticed last night on the BF1 oval server the clipping is pretty damn bad.

is there a particular slider I can turn down to keep the engine sound but lower the clipping volume?
Shift A, lower exhaust volume.
yea but its the lowest of all cars i think, 1.1.. pretty low

i just wonder why there seams to be so many problems with this clipping, and/or what is really causing it, because its.. just weird to me i've never heard anything [annoying] like it

i mean i know other sounds are causing it... but still.. surely there are ways to stop it from happening?
Quote from XCNuse :i mean i know other sounds are causing it... but still.. surely there are ways to stop it from happening?

Lowering the volume at the source (in LFS/your computers settings) and increasing at the output (your amplifier). Doing this causes problems with lower end audio equipment (cheap pc speakers), which might not have sufficent amplifying power.
#10 - SamH
I like the squared off waves that clipping causes. It's the audio clue to your ears that the sound is deafeningly loud, even when it physically isn't. Race cars are loud.

The clipping doesn't bother me in the slightest. The harmonics caused by echo when you go under a bridge can be a bit irritating, but that's a fairly minor adjustment to get that right.
#11 - axus
Quote from geeman1 :Lowering the volume at the source (in LFS/your computers settings) and increasing at the output (your amplifier). Doing this causes problems with lower end audio equipment (cheap pc speakers), which might not have sufficent amplifying power.

With V2 and onwards LFS is meant to produce the same sounds irrespective of volume.
Quote from axus :With V2 and onwards LFS is meant to produce the same sounds irrespective of volume.

I know that..
That was more of a general solution to clipping.
can anyone summarize in 1 or 2 sentences what clipping means?
Quote from matze54564 :The BF1-Sound in 0.5W is poor by high speed over 320 and high rotation of the engine.

To fix the problem just use the old sound from release 0.5V.
Sounds are saved in ...data\engine

With Shift+A in game is it possible to load a new engine-sound without game restart.

If u have lost the old BF1-Sound, i can provide one for download, i made a zip-file 178 KB, but when nobody need the file i make no download-possibility.

If somebody know another source for the sound, please post it here.

Hi, yeah I've lost the sound, so could you please tell me where i can download it, thanx a million cause this BF1 sound sux
Quote from PLAYLIFE :can anyone summarize in 1 or 2 sentences what clipping means?

When a sound tries goes over the limit for your software/hardware/ears it can't get any louder so effectly stays the same max volume. If you picture a soundwave that is 100% clipping, the top and bottom [peaks and troughs] are just max volume, permanently, so no sound detail.

As SamH says, it can be good in moderation as it implies a loud sound. But once it goes too far you're losing too much detail to still be listening to anything resembling the original sound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29

edit: LAG!
My packed sound a little bit 2 late
The poor sound was back
Today was just the poor sound back, but shift+A shows the good old sound.
Only install another sound and reinstall the good sound have fixed the problem. Now i was going to remove the default-sound with the good old. Hope the sound will stay.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG