The online racing simulator
ManUtd fans getting beatings for nothing!
(74 posts, started )
Did anyone else just watch the Manchester United game against Roma? The police were totally over the top with the fans, there were old boys getting the hiding of their life whilst trying to get away. It was absolutley disgusting, now they have to wait behind in the stands for 90 minutes to let the Roma fans go home, what about the guys that have bleeding head wounds? do they have to wait an hour and a half for treatment?
Wrong, so so wrong
Coo...Imagine going all the way to Rome from Sunny Surrey just to get a kicking from teh Police!!
They could have got the same beasting for a lot less money up in LiverScouseLand!

Seriously tho, having travelled in Europe as a footie fan, I can say that sometimes the local fuzz go way OTT, but I have NEVER been as badly treated by local coppers as I was in Leeds!
Woo Leeds FTW. (I was being sarcastic BTW).

When was it and what happened?

And bad to hear about the Man U fans.
Quote from Leifde :
When was it and what happened?

Mid 1970's, A few (thousand! ) Chelsea fans and me were shepherded by the local law between the main railway station and Elland Road through some sort of estate, with tower blocks forming a sort of 'canyon'..needless to say the roofs were full of Leeds with armfuls of bricks...
You can imagine what happened...but the law just let them chuck the bricks and whatever else they felt like down on us, not only did the law not stop them, they actively prevented US from getting out of the way!!
Ah, quite a while ago then. I don't think police would take you down estates at the moment, they'd probably get stuff thrown at them too Sorry to hear about what happened anyway.
I grew up in Wakefield and to be honest I got into the habit of staying out of Leeds entirely whenever they were playing at home. Turning up at Elland Road as a visiting Chelsea supporter is like turning up in a tube station looking a bit Brazilian.
"BBC Five Live commentator Alan Green, said during the game: "United fans appeared to charge the police and the police went in."

As a lifelong Liverpool supporter i couldn't possibly comment.

All i can say is i hope Utd win the home leg....Liverpool winning their 6th European cup is going to be great, but beating Man U in the final will make it our finest hour
Police were only in the man u enclosure, what does that say? two stabbed before the game, no police in the roma enclosure to stop the roma crowd taunting the away fans,

another bad advert for traveling english fans

off topic :- i have here an unused ticket for notts forest vs liverpool game on saturday the 15th april 1989, my father was very lucky his car broke down on the way to the game, this was the game of the tragic hillsborough disaster, i thought of selling it on ebay but who would buy it? only a sicko i think.
Quote :"BBC Five Live commentator Alan Green, said during the game: "United fans appeared to charge the police and the police went in."

From watching the footage after the game, this imo didn't happen, the man u fans charged at the perspex fence that was seperating the two sets of fans, not the police. IMO the man u fans wouldn't have charged if the home fans hadn't taunted them. I appreciate that the police had to do something to chill the situation, i what they did only made things worse.
zOMG!!one!11!

Home supporters taunting travelling fans!1!!1eleven!11!!!

What IS football coming to??

Come on lads, grow up, saying that the blame is with the home crowd for taunting the away fans is like saying its the zebras fault when a lion eats it.. it's called nature, and it happens whether you like it or not. If the visiting fans over-react, then they are more to blame than the home fans.

(Slightly) O/T..made me laugh the other week when West Ham were sanctioned for 'Anti-Semitic' chants during a Tottenham game.. I'm surprised it took the authorities discovered it so quickly; I mean, it's only been happening at EVERY ground in the country that Spurs visit for the last 40 years that _I_ know of!!

(Bladey - semi-retired 70's hooli-thug ))
No no no, wrong end of stick has been grasped , of course this happens, i wasn't trying to say it was the home supporters faults. I was just pointing out that they had charged at them rather than the police as was stated in that quote. It was perhaps to say it was a more one sided affair with the policing, Man U fans coshed for looking at the police, whilst the home fans did what they liked and got nothing for it.
Quote from The Moose :
As a lifelong Liverpool supporter i couldn't possibly comment.

All i can say is i hope Utd win the home leg....Liverpool winning their 6th European cup is going to be great, but beating Man U in the final will make it our finest hour

Right on yeh! A few words from me aswell. I HATE MAN UTD!!!
How can you hate MAN UTD?..

There like the best team ever...

there like the army of 300..
The Italian police ignored everything the Roma fans were doing - it's time for UEFA and FIFA to get their arses in to gear and remove all Italian teams from European competition, and potentially the national team from next year's European championships.
Did anyone listen to James Whale on Talksport last night? He had a rather interesting/controversial point of view on the whole thing.
So, why is Soccer (Football) called a beautiful sport anyways? It obviously brings out the ugliness in many, many people.
Quote from squad_e :How can you hate MAN UTD?..

It's really quite easy

Quote from squad_e :There like the best team ever...

Not according to the record books have a read

And whatever happened last night, whoever started it, it's just a disgrace.
I'll never understand why people fight like this. Im an extremely passionate supporter..i love the taunting of the opposition supporters,the banter,the songs and chants, but in a fun kind of way. Football is a tribal kind of thing..but in the end it is just sport.

As much as it really hurts me when my team loses (especially against Everton or Man U)..and i spend a day moping about ,( yup, i feel the pain) it is only sport..there is NEVER any need for violence. It saddens me deeply when people do this shit. Football will always be a tarnished game because of it.
Quote :As much as it really hurts me when my team loses (especially against Everton or Man U)..and i spend a day moping about ,( yup, i feel the pain) it is only sport..there is NEVER any need for violence. It saddens me deeply when people do this shit. Football will always be a tarnished game because of it.

Its the passion that makes football such a great game, the greatest game in mine and many peoples opinions, but its also the thing that creates violence.
It's the same old story, everything has an equal and opposite reaction, as soon as the passion dies in football, so does the sport
same thing is currently happening in the spurs match on itv. maybe they need the A-team?
#20 - Woz
Just watched this on the news. All I can say is they should have put riot police down both sides and battered all the fans involved. Fans from both sides that rushed that barrier were looking for a fight, both sides are to blame.

What is it with football that does this to fans? Any other sport and fans can sit together and not kill each other. Put football fans together and people get hurt or dead.
someone told me once that football is a gentlemans game played by thugs and rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. and tbh it's is so true
#22 - Woz
Quote from GFresh :Its the passion that makes football such a great game, the greatest game in mine and many peoples opinions, but its also the thing that creates violence.
It's the same old story, everything has an equal and opposite reaction, as soon as the passion dies in football, so does the sport

No it isn't, the "passion" has nothing to do with the F**kwits that cause all the violence. It is well known that football attracts thugs that just want to fight and really don't give a crap about the sport itself.

There are many fans that have the same passion for other sports. If you took the percentage of the population in NZ and Australia that have a passionate following of rugby compared to the population in the UK that has an active following of football it makes football in the UK look like a minority sport.

(NOTE: I am from the UK and lived there for 35 years before you question the above)

Down here they call Rugby is the dominant religion

Rugby is a far more violent sport and if we believe the "experts on TV and video games" then all the fans should be thugs because they tell us "watching violence makes people violent".

Guess what, you can drink while you watch a rugby game in a mixed stand and NOBODY gets hurt. And after the game the fans will go to the pub together and continue to drink and still noboy gets hurt.

Go figure.
Quote from MAGGOT :So, why is Soccer (Football) called a beautiful sport anyways? It obviously brings out the ugliness in many, many people.

Yup, I have never experienced (neither seen in tv) ice hockey hooligans in a huge riot after a hockey match. Conclusion: footbal simply blows.
I can honeslty say I have never experienced a Hockey riot. I think there was a large party when Colorado won its first cup several years back and a couple cars were tipped over, but thats not a riot in the conventional sense. People who say that soccer fans have more passion than any other sport's fans are just ignorant. Passion doesn't make you crack another bloke over the head with the crowbar you snuck into the venue, nor does it make you shoot someone when your team loses (seen that in videos of soccer riots).

I suppose the only thing that would quench these idiots is simply abolishing the sport; but that would piss off the loyal fans who don't pillage and plunder...
Hooliganism seems like a form of demented extreme patriotism. I total can't understand why football gets it so badly though, and other sports don't.

Perhaps it goes back to the same sort of thing that keeps age old international (and domestic) conflicts happening, there is an ingrained culture of hatred for the opposition, but nobody can really remember where it all started...

It's a very difficult thing for us non europeans to understand. We're passionate about our teams too, but have never rioted like that.

(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG