The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Starting from S/F line during Qualifying
The topic says it all. Here is a replay. I was spectating and after qualifying was restarted I joined the race, but started from the s/f line. I haven't tried to reproduce it...
Attached files
Qualy from S^sF line.mpr - 14.8 KB - 366 views
#2 - tinyk
I don't know if this is really a bug or not. I see it all the time though. If quali is still loading and you're either specing or in pits... when you join it'll start you at the s/f line. It works to your advantage though. Everyone else will have to go 2 laps before their qual time shows. You only have to go one.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
#3 - axus
Quote from tinyk :I don't know if this is really a bug or not. I see it all the time though. If quali is still loading and you're either specing or in pits... when you join it'll start you at the s/f line. It works to your advantage though. Everyone else will have to go 2 laps before their qual time shows. You only have to go one.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

No. Others can put in a hotlap qualy time immediately. You have to do an out-lap as you don't cross the S/F line with enough speed. So only your second lap will be competetive.
#4 - tinyk
Quote from axus : No. Others can put in a hotlap qualy time immediately. You have to do an out-lap as you don't cross the S/F line with enough speed. So only your second lap will be competetive.

aww yea true

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
its not really a bug. I see most of the fast guys doing this to avoid traffic.
Yeah not really a bug, but it is done because once qualifying starts, everyone is set on the track before the last split, and whoever pits out or joins before it starts does not have a position on that qualifying grid, so I guess it places it on the S/F line. Would be nice if it were in the pits like it does after qualifying has begun.

~*~*~*~Tweak~*~*~*~

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG