The online racing simulator
I'm a new pilot... looking for a team!!!
Hi all there... i've joined the world of live for speed after one month of demo practice during that i've really loved LFS2....

So now i'm here with my helmet, suite and car (XFR i prefere the most) looking for a team to join for a very long time of racing experience...

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice in finding a team or an online school to learn more tactics and the right way to drive in a circuit with more or less of 10 people trying to win the race!!!

I wish to thank everyone has worked on LFS because of its being the most realistic simulator i've ever drove in my life.

I hope to meet you all soon....

Best regards.

LongLiveRockNRoll
#2 - bbman
Best (and actually most used) advice: Just race... With experience there comes speed...

I'm not a fast driver (miles away from that), but I can keep my ride on track, that's what makes me finish top ten almost every time (on publics )...

But I'm new as well, our OGRE's () may have some more tricks to share...
#3 - Lible
bbman is right, all you can do is practise, drive, practise. Also complete training.
#4 - steve
I didnt know there was airplanes in LFS!!!1 :eek:
#5 - Gunn
Quote from steve :I didnt know there was airplanes in LFS!!!1 :eek:

"Pilot" is an acceptable term for many occasions, including the operator of a motor vehicle, or even a ship. In some languages "pilot" is a direct translation of the English term "driver". So when you see somebody say "pilot" when referring to a driver or rider, they are actually correct in using that term even though it would not be commonly used in everyday English.
I think it was just a silly sarcastic joke Gunn
Motorcyclists are sometimes refered to as pilots (even in common english), perhaps due to the way a bike banks like an airplane.
#8 - Gunn
Quote from Tweaker :I think it was just a silly sarcastic joke Gunn

I think it was just a general answer Tweak
Steve's post? nevermind....
Looking for a team?

Go to http://www.lfsworld.net

The "LFS Racers database" contains lots of teams, with contact details.

ATC Team is currently taking applications, go visit www.atcteam.org for more details. Read thier forums and apply there.
Quote from bbman :Best (and actually most used) advice: Just race... With experience there comes speed...

Thank you for the advice BBMAN..... i'll do some practice around and finish lessons in soloplayer....

So let me give an advice to you all.... when you meet me on servers, while racing, be patient.... i'm not a turtle even if i'm not a fast driver too... so just hit the button of the horn and i'll drive like in a blue flag situation.... bu only at the beginning!!!! eheheheheheh

I hope to be the one who use the horn for other pilots soon.... but maybe is just a dream!
One important and handy thing to learn is to avoid/dodge accidents by anticipating where the cars are going in the next few seconds. Thats very helpfull with overtaking also

A smooth racingline is usually the fastest, and help your tires last. So dont try to break as late as possible or hit the throttle before apex and so on. When the tires are screaming for mercy you have gone to far.
i would advice you to join leagues...
not those where only pros or semi pros are driving, but for example an UFR/XFR league...
there you can learn many things like overlaping or being overlaped
and it makes much, much fun!

btw: nice to see some austrian guys here
Quote from CrazyICE :i would advice you to join leagues...
not those where only pros or semi pros are driving, but for example an UFR/XFR league...
there you can learn many things like overlaping or being overlaped
and it makes much, much fun!

btw: nice to see some austrian guys here

You have some links to XFR/UFR Leagues?
I wanted to join the XFR/UFR League of RheinMainRacers... But they changed to fast cars because nobody could drive XFR/UFR very well...

Currently I'm signed in for the 60Laps on Blackwood in GTI on the ATC-Server.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :But they changed to fast cars because nobody could drive XFR/UFR very well...

? this makes no sense. changing from slow to fast cars, because nobody can handle slow cars...?
anyways...there are enough leages/events out there to join...
==> http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22
woah, austrian invasion here...

@LongLiveRockNRoll: You don't have to pull over so that the faster driver can overlap you better... Just leave some room, and he will do it himself, believe me...
I'm not fast myself, but I think, consistency is the key to get good places in the race... Just drive your line, keep on track and let nobody force you to push your car (you may push it too far... )
I am frustrated myself with my slow driving, but I keep going... Why? Because sometimes, there is someone with even skills, and the fightening for a place with this guy is just that fun, that you forget all your frustration...
Shouldnt this be in the beginners section.
Quote from CrazyICE :? this makes no sense. changing from slow to fast cars, because nobody can handle slow cars...?
anyways...there are enough leages/events out there to join...
==> http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Yeah. There were some Mouse-Drivers and they didn't manage to drive more than 5 Laps without ruin their tires... *g*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG