The online racing simulator
is this fps number normal?
(36 posts, started )
Well, yes 170 fps is nice, but thinking about it, very pointless. 60 is even pointless. What is important in LFS is that you need to have enough fps so it's drivable at all time. In my opinion, anything over 30 is drivable, 25 being ok too. Under 20, it's getting harder, and under 15 pretty impossible if you have other people around you.
Quote from avenger1 :i get approx. 10-12 fps with low graphics in the first corner (10 cars)

I get anything as low as 0,5 fps int the first corner if there are more than 5 cars on track The rest of the race varies between 10 and 30... Can't wait for my own computer to be fixed...
Quote from Gil07 :I get anything as low as 0,5 fps int the first corner if there are more than 5 cars on track The rest of the race varies between 10 and 30... Can't wait for my own computer to be fixed...

duh, tried different settings?
Quote from Gil07 :I get anything as low as 0,5 fps int the first corner if there are more than 5 cars on track The rest of the race varies between 10 and 30... Can't wait for my own computer to be fixed...

Try putting Hardware Vertex Shading on. That worked wonders for me!
#30 - Jakg
IF he has an HVS compatible card, which, by the sound of things, he doesn't
Quote from Jakg :IF he has an HVS compatible card, which, by the sound of things, he doesn't

Yeah..thats true.
It's on, and every setting is on the minimum, as far as I can figure it out...
OK, if anyone can help me, this is getting unbearable... 4 fps in a pack of 5 cars

I have a toshiba Laptop:

2.4GHz Pentium 4
512MB RAM
ATI Mobility M6 graphics card, 32 MB memory

Graphics settings screenshot attached.
Attached images
Sem-Título-1.jpg
Anyone?
Quote from Gil07 :Anyone?

iirc, that graphics card is the mobile version of the R100 chipset, pretty much the earliest Radeon cards introduced in 2000. It wasn't exactly a star back in its own time, and I'm afraid it's just too outdated to run more advanced 3d games.

Do you have any other recent-ish (year 2000+) games you play, how jerky are those?
Ok

No other games installed, but I know it doesn't run Rome: Total War...

is this fps number normal?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG