The online racing simulator
Prospect of a Wet Race *Possible spoilers after 07/04/07*
Hey guys with the very real prospect of a wet or wet/dry F1 race in Malaysia this weekend i am interested to hear people's thoughts on who might do well.

I think that Raikkonen might struggle a bit as he has been fallible in the rain before and that it could give Alonso the boost he needs to make it close at the front. It will be interesting to see how hamilton goes because i dont think that he has done that much wet running. However there could be some real surprises for instance no one knows how Kubica goes in the wet.

Thoughts? Intuitions?
i'll bet a dollar culthard wrecks again.
oh, and if it does rain, scott speed will also wreck.
Christ is that Yank guy still playing in F1 cars? I didn't notice *prays for the lives of the other F1 drivers*.
The rear end of the Ferrari is well planted so Kimi should win, also a wet race would play into his hands because they can turn the engine down a bit to make it last the race. However if he messes up Alonso and Hamilton will be there to clean up the mess, both have great car control and should do well.

Outside bets would be Kubica, Fisi or Button (long shot, but if half the cars crash out he might have a chance)

Oh and I rekon Scott Speed will be confused about the rain and wonder why he is spinning 10 times more than usual.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Oh and I rekon Scott Speed will be confused about the rain and wonder why he is spinning 10 times more than usual.

#7 - nihil
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Button (long shot, but if half the cars crash out he might have a chance)

LOL - he's smooth in the any weather condition, but the rain suits him. I'll bet he's hoping for another Hungaroring!
If it is wet then possibly Massa. He's proven as a good driver but it depends how much experience Kimi has of the Ferrari in the wet - would suppose the same amount as Massa but i dont know.
Wet races tend to even out the field so we could see suprises
Didn't Massa dissapear last year during wet races? I don't remember seeing him anywhere near the top end of the grid...I may be wrong because F1 makes me fall asleep these days.
maan..harshness on the speedster
Quote from DodgeRacer :maan..harshness on the speedster

well to be fiar Liuzzi hasnt really shown a great advantage over speed but scott has shown some strange judgement. for instance why in melbourne did he not just continue to the pits and change the tyre when he had that puncture? very strange
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :well to be fiar Liuzzi hasnt really shown a great advantage over speed but scott has shown some strange judgement. for instance why in melbourne did he not just continue to the pits and change the tyre when he had that puncture? very strange

you gota figure some of that is poor team management, its hard for a driver to learn, when the whole team is learning at the same time
Quote from nihil :LOL - he's smooth in the any weather condition, but the rain suits him. I'll bet he's hoping for another Hungaroring!

When has Button been spectacular in the rain? He won one race in the wet where his competition fell by the wayside with problems. I can't even remember Button's other wet races so they couldn't have been that spectacular... I just love how people (particulary on a F1 forum I look up) dance about on how Button will win when there are talks of rain because he did in Hungry.

Aggressive styles work in all conditions as well... Even better in cold/wet conditions when the drive is able to really work the tyres and get heat into them.

If it does rain I reckon it will be Kimi and Alonso up front, maybe Lewis but not too sure. Did he not throw it off the road at the Hungaroring in GP2? Outsiders for me are Massa and Kubica.

I'm interested to see how Ferrari and BMWs pace will be this weekend after the ban of flexi floors to take affect this weekend. The reports were that Ferrari and BMW were managing to run a lot more wing than other teams and still achieve good top speeds with the floor flexing to improve the aero efficiency. Ferrari are also worried about the engine in Kimi's car so that Ferrari isn't bullet proof quite yet.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG