The online racing simulator
Your favourite oldschool games
(22 posts, started )
Your favourite old skool games
Ok, so this thread is for all the old farts.
What are your favourite old skool games then? I'm thinking Pre Amiga days

The days when nearly all games were somewhat original, and you had to make up for the lack of decent graphics with an imagination, something that i get the feeling the graphics whore kidz of today don't have.

I remember being just as immersed in games like Sinclair's Flight Simulator and a racing game called Formula One (iirc) as i get theses days.

Anyway..here's a few of my ZX Spectrum faves from the past....I cant remember that many...the old brain is starting to play up these days

Atic Atac
Jet Set willy
Skool Dayz
Kevin Thoms Football Manager
F-15 Strike Eagle
Boulder Dash
Jetpac
Booty

Start reminiscing...........

EDIT:- LMAO. Ahh, here we go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=
those were the days
tetris
Quote from The Moose :

School Dayz

What a game!

bubble bobble, exitebike,supersprint,super offroad, battlecars on the 48k speccy (rubber keyed one) and many many many more..

ohh i forgot one, 720! what a cool skateboard game
Bubble Bobble
Metatron
Pong
Pac Man
F-15 Strike Eagle
Boulder Dash

Also Winter Olympics on the Atari was good fun, cross country skiing involved wiggling your joystick left to right for about 20 minutes, usually resulting in either a broken wrist or a broken joystick.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :

Also Winter Olympics on the Atari was good fun, cross country skiing involved wiggling your joystick left to right for about 20 minutes, usually resulting in either a broken wrist or a broken joystick.

i remember simular games, daily thompsons decathlon and track and field!
Super Mario !
Quote from FOGlegsy :ohh i forgot one, 720! what a cool skateboard game

Ohh yeah! Classic

TLL i just remembered as well (tornado low level)
super nitento game: super mario... or wait, that aint right...
well it was with all of those super mario dudes ridin in karts
super mario kart!! woot i'm remembering while typing!!!
5+5=11!!!
awww its over
Quote from The Moose :Ohh yeah! Classic

TLL i just remembered as well (tornado low level)

hmm never heard of that one, i used to play microprose's GUNSHIP 45mins to find any enemy then 2 mins to blow me up arrrgghhh
When I was at college we had a Super Mario Kart tournament, it was very popular Sub 1 minute times on the 5 lap race at the first Mario track was the main thing i remember, only once did we manage to get 2 racers across the line with 59 seconds on the clock.
Pong look-a-like (called tennis on an orange Philips-thingie).
Super Mario
Paper Boy
old, old games:

defender, pac-man, battlezone, asteroids, qix, tempest, super sprint, berzerk.

not quit so old:

cyberball, arkanoid
Tetris was fun, when I was young... rhymes

Use to love Driver when it came out on PSX
I was the king of Battlezone when I was 6 or 7. My brother had to hold me up so I could see through the stupid periscope thing, and I'd get the high score every time

Paperboy was another favourite. At home, Durell's "Turbo Esprit" - the original Grand Theft Auto.

Edit: Defender. Duh. With its button layout designed especially for concert pianists.
Quote from The Moose :
Jetpac

I read the other day they're (Rare / Ultimate) re-making JetPac for one of the new consoles. *ahem* That's a 16Kb game from an 8-bit computer remade for the PS3... illepall
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion edition on Mega Drive (or Genesis for the Yanks). I'd challenge anyone on that game...and WIN!

Perfect!!!!!
Super Sprint, Supercars, Super Offroad, Super Skidmarks - an evolution of the same basic idea, all great.

Frogger, Ranarama, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Starquake, Gauntlet, Hard Drivin', Pacworld, Road Blasters, Outrun, Doom 1 ... probably a bunch more if I start thinking about it!
pre-Amiga days???

damn then I should post about some arcade stuff cause my neighbor had a spectrum and an C64 at the time, but my first PC was the Amiga 500 (yes the Amiga was a PC not a console )

Ok, from my arcade times then

Exerion, Golden Axe, Cabal, and lately Raiden.

The funny thing is I still enjoy them with Mame

Your favourite oldschool games
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG