The online racing simulator
12 Car wreck
(26 posts, started )
12 Car wreck
Live Sor Fpeed

Dyslexic Live For Speed league.
NASCAR seems so boring i dont know how you ameicans watch it they just drivearound in a circle for hours

Formula 1 all day long
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :NASCAR seems so boring i dont know how you ameicans watch it they just drivearound in a circle for hours

Formula 1 all day long

Shhhh carefull, i bet you did not see the topgear episode where they had ''NASCAR SUCKS'' painted on their cars driving through america.
Yep saw that one, dnt try it at home well in america
Now, how the **** is it even possible to crash when going 'round in circles? I mean: No braking, no real change of directions and you almost always know where everyone else is. I guess most crashes are caused by the drivers falling asleep? :P
bristol would be so much fun in LFS, some serious banking and a short track, lots of fun!
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Now, how the **** is it even possible to crash when going 'round in circles? I mean: No braking, no real change of directions and you almost always know where everyone else is. I guess most crashes are caused by the drivers falling asleep? :P

yeah i too thought used to feel the same way till i took 5 minutes to get some better understanding of oval racing: the different racelines and strategies etc... I hardly ever watch nascar, but i would deffinatly enjoy racing on bristol like course with a stockcar in LFS. There is skill involved in oval racing.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Now, how the **** is it even possible to crash when going 'round in circles? I mean: No braking, no real change of directions and you almost always know where everyone else is. I guess most crashes are caused by the drivers falling asleep? :P

Why do people spout off like they know what they are talking about when they have no clue whatsoever? It is very obvious to me that this guy has never seen an oval race in his life. I never watch F1, yet you don't see me spouting off about how all F1 does is drive around like a freight train running down the track. No, I won't spout that off. Because it looks like that to me, but I have never actually sat down and watched a series of races to know what goes on in F1.

Can you please tell me how the cars at Martinsville go from 160 mph down to around 80 mph in the turns without needing to brake? Even at the big tracks. How do they go from 200 mph down to say 150 in the turns without braking? I'm just throwing numbers out here, they aren't exact or anything, but you get the idea.

Yea, no braking and no change of direction? I think you are mistaken. This is a thread about oval racing, not drag racing. Try to actually watch a few before you go to a forum and sound like a moron.
You realise that Bristol is 43 cars on a 800 metre track? Martinsville is less than that and is pretty much flat.

NASCAR should stop adding more dates on boring 1.5 milers and go to some tracks that CASCAR used (Adding dates in Canada, killing 2 birds with 1 stone) - a 3/8 mile tri-oval (forgotten what it's called now) would be chaos
If we had a situation like that in LFS, the leaders would all try to get through it at full throttle the next time around and it would be carnage.

Every single race would be like that.
Quote from duke_toaster :
NASCAR should stop adding more dates on boring 1.5 milers and go to some tracks that CASCAR used (Adding dates in Canada, killing 2 birds with 1 stone) - a 3/8 mile tri-oval (forgotten what it's called now) would be chaos

Yes. 1.5 mile cookie-cutter tracks make all the complaints about NASCAR true. I usually don't even watch any of those races.

As to all the inane comments about "no braking" at a place like Bristol....jeebus, do they not have bittorrent in these places? Has Ted Stevens not yet brought these people the miracle system of tubes known as the Intarwob?
Quote from thisnameistaken :If we had a situation like that in LFS, the leaders would all try to get through it at full throttle the next time around and it would be carnage.

Every single race would be like that.

I see you've played online at Bristol in NR2003 then!
That's not really a 'wreck' though, is it? All of those cars were still in driving condition. No fatalities, and not even any flames. What a disappointment

If you didn't know, not only do many Americans see these forums, but also there is a decent sized group of Americans who don't watch NASCAR, or even know about it. The braking does occur on Bristol and Martinsville, go watch a lap of Martinsville, the front ends of the car will be 2-3 inches off the ground when coming out of a turn and scraping the ground under breaking.

I watch F1, and i can say it isn't very interesting either. I prefer f1 over Nascar and i can say that in F1 all they do is wait for someone in front to make a mistake, when they do they pass the person, it's as simple as that. I personally hate Nascar, but i do know that it does offer the action of turn 1 through out the whole race. I don't care what i'm watching, Speed Channel will show Lawnmowers, Nascar, Demolition Derby, and F1. I'll watch all of them(maybe not the lawnmowers) simply because i like to watch racing.
more "racing" definitely goes on in nascar than in F1. lots of passing and fighting. i think that is one of the things that frustrates some F1 drivers today... you may see a passing opportunity, but you know that the driver in front probably wont be able to react quickly enough to avoid a collision. the cars are sooo fast. dirty air, visibility... blah blah
i dont like nascar and i watched it..... once EDIT: YAAAY 400th post
thats what i like from nascar.
the crashs.
pileups.
love it
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :NASCAR seems so boring i dont know how you ameicans watch it they just drivearound in a circle for hours

Formula 1 all day long

each to their own i say.

ive watched nascar and driven in an online league, it was good fun, bristol being one of the best, 110% concentration needed.......not like a long straight where you can relax a tad.

anyway, ive watched F1 for years....and some races have been soooooooooo booooooring!

Formula 1 all day long

both wrong - hill climb races are the way to go
Quote from Lotesdelere :F1 also had some weird crashes.
Here is the most famous one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6lmx8o5Eo

hehehe.. yeah, well done David!

Personally I don't agree with all of this negative criticism of Nascar, It's just another type of motorsport, ok so they drive on ovals but you do get some good close racing which F1 can only dream of (not criticizing F1 btw) You always seem to like the motorsport you grew up watching, I didnt grow up watching Nascar as it wasn't available so sure, I don't understand all of it and it doesn't really appeal to me BUT! and its an important but I had a few Nascar racing games which taught me a great deal about the sport and made me appreciate how difficult it must be to drive side by side so closely without touching at high speeds, just try racing Nascar 2003 and see how difficult it is even to be fast on an oval!!!! You must take perfect lines, not brake to much and make as much of the lap as you can... its hard and that's only a game, real life must be even tougher. Its really easy to criticize something but only criticize if you know the sport really well as they you have some merit otherwise people should be quiet. Without knowing what you are talking about you have no right to say Nascar is crap, boring, etc...

I think when i go to America one of the things on my to do list is to go to a Nascar race event and experience it for myself, aswell as visit the Grand Canyon etc etc etc lol
What on Earth was that some ALMS race maybe 2-3 years ago, in horrible rain conditions and then there was apparently oil puddle on some critical part of the corner and literally every car that came to that corner spinned or/and crashed the wall.

I only found this... but this is not the one I was looking for, but very phenomenal too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAvc0Cij7zA

12 Car wreck
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG