Car sinking into the grass.
(8 posts, started )
I was running a bunch of AI cars on Fern Bay Green (rev) to test patch V9 for bugs when I noticed something peculiar. Some of the cars were going off the tarmac and into the grass at a particular section of the track. When they did, they seemed to sink into the ground. Here are two pics showing what happened:

Happens on a lot of tracks, the actual model of the track rises but the contact mesh (not sure what its properly called) doesn't. Someone with more knowledge of 3D stuff will be able to tell you more.

But yeah, it's a bug.
Quote from Leifde :Happens on a lot of tracks, the actual model of the track rises but the contact mesh (not sure what its properly called) doesn't. Someone with more knowledge of 3D stuff will be able to tell you more.

But yeah, it's a bug.

I searched the forum and didn't find a bug for it already. Not a huge issue, as you shouldn't really spend time out on the grass anyway.
Maybe the lawn just needs to mowed? Looks the Fern Bay maintainance crew are slacking off again...

I know, I contributed nothing.
No that flaw was there from since i think ver. Q i guess correct me if im wrong
no its been there since the beginning of the tracks it occurs in
hmm if these flaws stay in final i should blame the devs cause they need to be nittpicky not us when they are going for gold to release final but they should look into lfs for more flaws

EDIT: it doesn't bother me if its beta or not
dont worry, release wont be for a while.. probably half a year to a full year until S2 final

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG