The online racing simulator
Quote from ln1977 :I'm getting no connection from master server now to everything was fine untill this evening

Are you using the latest patch (V)?

Quote from zoopy juice :Anyways I was wondering if anyone has come accross a "fix" for this yet? it is really bothering me now (lol) makes me want to change ISP's but cant afford to swap to a better company (grrr)

There is no other option as they are doing this on their network. Once it leaves your LAN / computer, you have no control over traffic.

May I suggest asking for a migration code (Migration Authorisation Code) and moving to another company (provided you're still planning to go with ADSL, this will work)? They should give you one, then you goto another company, give them that code and your line will be migrated on a date. All you will need to do is change your router's/connection login details before 12am and you'll be online as normal. As long as you've not gotten into a contracted time, it shouldn't cost you a significant amount, and may even save you money.
[quote=the_angry_angel;332820]Are you using the latest patch (V)?quote]

Yup everything is upto date and what makes this annoying is nothing has chaned from yesterday and it was all running fine aarrrrggghhhh 'F'in PCeees
ok. this has been happenin to me for 2 months now and tiscali have done nothing, i have phones many times and they say thier workin on it. it has worked for 2 afternoons randomly, so they can fix it but thier just takin there times.
Yeah Tiscali are having some "issues" and have been for a while, apparently they are migrating people to other servers in blocks of "ten thousands" (as I remember) and apparently starting next friday, so hopefully *Crosses fingers* the Tiscali users may find some improvment withing two weeks after that date (its gonna take upto two weeks to compleate the migration)
BUMP

I'm with Tiscali and have been getting this problem since I joined LFS 2 weeks ago - cannot connect to master server between the hours of 4pm - 11pm and to put a bigger downer on it I upgraded my package to 8mb Tiscali max 4 weeks ago from a 2mb package specifically to do a little online gaming

Did anyone find the solution to this ?

Just got my S1 Licence as using the mouse at present, plan was to get a wheel learn the S1 tracks and cars and then to upgrade to S2 but with this happening even the wheel is on hold until I can get it sorted
Hello again. Next week I'm phoning tiscali to try and cancel their service (think I'm out of contract period). It's been dire trying to race in the last month, no connection master server, join2lfs rarely working, no connection to stcc servers when I do manage to get a list up. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with my computer because when I do get online to race, Sunday mornings for example, everything seems ok (lowest pings 22ms - not bad for deepest darkest Rutland). Fingers crossed a different service provider will be the answer. It would be interesting to know if other racers are still struggling with tiscali etc. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I'll report back after the changeover.

nigel
I'm still have to use join2lfs between 6-11pm. I believe its Tiscali throttling everyones bandwith between these times because their shit!
Have now quit tiscali and moved to another service provider and all problems have completely disappeared. Fingers crossed that's a end to five months of hassle. Hope other tiscali users can also resolve their problems.

Nigel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG