The online racing simulator
Question about Act-labs wheel
I'm curious. I'm interested in maybe buying an act-labs shifter and a 3 pedal assembly off of ebay in the near future. I've heard that the Act-labs wheel is pretty killer. I'm using a Logitech Momo Racing wheel right now. I like the way it feels, but it's noisy as hell and the movement isn't very fluent. I've heard that the Act-labs wheel's force feedback is fluent and like water, and is very smooth. I'm wondering if I should try to pick up a wheel while I'm at it. For those of you that have used one, what do you think? Would it be worth the money?
#2 - steve
I have 1 and its crap compared to my momo, but I do like the belt drive and im gonna convert my momo over to the belt drive soon from the act labs wheel
Don't know who you heard that stuff from, but my Force RS can be pretty notchy when moved slowly, long after the break-in period (it's been 2 years). It also squeaks when I turn left. Otherwise the wheel isn't bad. It doesn't have the range of motion of a DFP, though.

As for the pedals, be prepared to stock up on springs. :rolleyes:

Actually, to be honest, the only spring that has broken so far is the clutch spring, and I've replaced it twice now in the past 2 years. The gas pedal started getting a little weak about a year ago but it's still hanging in there. It still returns to the back position fine but not with the force the clutch pedal does with a newer spring. Naturally the brake doesn't get used nearly as much as the other two.

Here's an example of the notchy steering below taken from a hotlap on BL1 with the FZR. It was sheer luck that I managed to get the wheel to actually center perfectly.
Attached images
LFS-notchy_steering.jpg
I guess I'll just stick with the momo. Too bad the only company that makes shifters and 3 pedal setups doesn't make them anymore. Too bad that I don't have the money to buy tweeker's shifter right now as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG