The online racing simulator
Got a bit bored.
(18 posts, started )
Got a bit bored.
I got a bit bored so I recorded all the 1/4 times for the LFS cars with defult setups so here they are....

Xf gti - 16.33

Xr Gt - 15.86

Xr gt Turbo - 13:80

RB4 Gt - 13:70

FXO turbo - 14.42

Lx4 - 13:17

Lx6 - 12:53

Mrt5 - 13.88

Uf1000 - 17.87

Ra - 12.70

Fz5 - 12:69

Formula Xr - 12.03

Xf gtr - 13.17

Uf gtr - 13.11

Formula v8 - 10:78

FXO GTR - 10:88

XR GTR - 11:63

Fz50 GTR - 10:99

Note: I had two attempts at each one and chose the best time.
#2 - AndyC
intresting, quite good to compare times. I knew the XR GTR was slow off the line but that's quite a bit slower than the rest. Also thought the FZ50 would have been quicker than the FXO, even though the FXO has quick accel I would have thought the pace of the FZ50 would have beaten it over a 1/2 mile.
yes, over a 1/2 mile FZR would pWn FXR, but this is 1/4
really nice to see
#5 - steve
Those times are slow, i can get almost a second faster on each car :P
#6 - bbman
He said "default setups"...
According to the Raceabout website the 1/4 mile is actually closer to 14 seconds... so you've gone about 1.5 seconds faster then the real thing!

Makes me wonder. Is that 14s time way off, or is LFS way off?

http://www.raceabout.fi/car_techdata.php
Quote from TravisS :According to the Raceabout website the 1/4 mile is actually closer to 14 seconds... so you've gone about 1.5 seconds faster then the real thing!

My guess is that changeing gears in real life takes a bit more time.
#9 - Tege
Quote from TravisS :According to the Raceabout website the 1/4 mile is actually closer to 14 seconds... so you've gone about 1.5 seconds faster then the real thing!

If you look a bit harder you'll see that engine power is different...
If you're ever bored again you could try doing 3 runs for each and then post the average time of the 3 runs for each car

I've got no idea what the stock tires/suspension setup on a raceabout is, but that 1/4 mile time is awful for that power to weight.

I've seen cars get similar times with similar power and hundreds of kilos more weight.
Default settings, so springs, dampers, ride height, gearing etc not optimised for 1/4 miles times.
Quote from tristancliffe :Default settings, so springs, dampers, ride height, gearing etc not optimised for 1/4 miles times.

No, I mean that the LFS default settings seem to provide a reasonable time, but the "real world" claim seems very slow. 12.70 is reasonable for the LFS setup, the real life setup doing 14s seems rather slow. I would think low 13's would be possible with any reasonable suspension/tire combo on the real life example.
Quote from tristancliffe :Default settings, so springs, dampers, ride height, gearing etc not optimised for 1/4 miles times.

Fancy seeing you here
Quote from Rotary :If you're ever bored again you could try doing 3 runs for each and then post the average time of the 3 runs for each car

Thats what I did when I made tables of performance figures
(got S1 cars in S1, S2 cars in S2 (not S1 cars in S2 though )
(I did 3 runs with each car, and took average values for 0-60mph, 0-100km/h, 0-100mph, 1/4 mile :o)
Quote from Tege :If you look a bit harder you'll see that engine power is different...

Wow, that's a HUGE difference for torque
250 Nm (@5780 RPM) for the real thing, 360 Nm (@3500 RPM) in LFS

That more then explains the time difference
It's not LFS is wrong per say, it's just that the real car specs have changed since it was coded into LFS.

I think
#18 - Tege
Quote from tristancliffe :It's not LFS is wrong per say, it's just that the real car specs have changed since it was coded into LFS.

I think

Yes and no Last time i heard the old engine is still in the car but the new engine (closer to LFS) will be in some day. The engine was supposed to be in the car a while ago that's why we decided to use the new engine and "tune" it to power which was discussed for the real car then.

Got a bit bored.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG