The online racing simulator
Shared .eng setups.
(10 posts, started )
Shared .eng setups.
Topic really explains it all. Either a setup like the skins system, or a P2P system, since the files are really quite small. We'd also need an option to disable sound setups for specific people, or in general, in case some idiot decides to run around with the loudest engine noise possible, though this would probably provide some fun >_>

It'd just be nice to listen to how different people's cars sound. Oh, and possibly a 'Send Engine Setup' button?
The cars are the same for everyone, so they should also sound the same
#3 - joen
Quote from geeman1 :The cars are the same for everyone, so they should also sound the same

agreed.
I can already picture a V8 XFG going by And I don't want to spend time disabling sounds setups for people with silly sounds.
Why would anyone need anything other than DaveWS's fine sounds ?
Especially since they're default now, the sound editor is just something for the bored and curious.
Quote from geeman1 :The cars are the same for everyone, so they should also sound the same

Have you ever been to a sports car race? In the ALMS, virtually every Porsche 911 RSR sounds different for some reason. Some sound really tin-ish and raspy, some sound cleaner, etc.

I think it would be interesting, but un-needed. Plus, Scawen has said that he will not provide any support or additional features for the customizable .eng files until the system is actually finished.
Quote from MAGGOT :Have you ever been to a sports car race? In the ALMS, virtually every Porsche 911 RSR sounds different for some reason. Some sound really tin-ish and raspy, some sound cleaner, etc.

No I haven't. Anyway I think the difference of sounds in there comes from the fact that the cars are a little bit different. Different tuning settings, different parts etc. In LFS the cars are exact copies of each other.
There is nothing that says every component is exactly the same

okey, good idee for the noobs

when somebody join a server he just get a wall af spam shit;

take my sound!!!

my sound is better

reintjan
Quote from hotmail :-1

okey, good idee for the noobs

when somebody join a server he just get a wall af spam shit;

take my sound!!!

my sound is better

reintjan

And the begging for setups in servers isn't a nuisance? Wow, I didn't expect such a resistance. Since when have people had anything shoved on them like that? I mean, people don't go around forcing their setups on people as soon as they enter the server, why would this be different?

To solve the whole V8 XFGS, maybe the sound setups could be constrained to a bit more realistic values?

Shared .eng setups.
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG